This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day of the Doctor

Well, we're almost there, the 50th anniversary show for Doctor Who. So, what are your plans for it? Watching it at home? Saving it for 2 days, and going to see it in a theater in 3D? Crying in your soup because you won't be near a TV or theater to see it either way?

The trailer got released for it, we're just 2 weeks away now. Personally, I already have our tickets preordered to see it in a theater...because how often do you get that chance for Doctor Who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRy2N2CMhQ (Caution, spoilers if you haven't seen through the latest season)
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Watching it live, seeing it later in the cinema and also watching it during a later broadcast on TV. Very exciting!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

My state doesn't do special nerd things so we'll just be watching at home.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

The closest theatre that is playing it is still not that close.

We'll do something @ home for it. My kids are nerdlets in training. They cant wait.

Comment

Hoping it'll be on Hulu Sunday the 25th since I don't have cable anymore (willingly).

Comment

I'm going to record it (just in case), then avoid the internet like the plague until Monday so when I see it in theaters, it will truly be the first time and I'll be able to be surprised by it.
            I'm just glad that Fatham events pulled their heads out of their asses (after their servers and facebook page was crashed by all the people complaining about how stupidly limited their release was) and added a Reno showing (seriously, they had a rep that had the audacity to reply to my facebook comment that they were quite sure that I should be happy to go to one of their two Las Vegas screenings, after all, they are in the same state... a state by the way that is nearly half the size of Germany, with the two cities being at opposite ends).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Is there a list online of which theaters are playing it? I won't be able to see it on TV as I am working at the time.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Is there a list online of which theaters are playing it? I won't be able to see it on TV as I am working at the time.
                You can find out here. Just put in your zip-/postcode.

Comment

Watching it at home, snug in bed with a couple of cats, a white sangria and some fruit salad [saving up my carbs and splurging on a fruity evening. I am not all that fond of popcorn ...]
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    You can find out here. Just put in your zip-/postcode.
                    It's not working right; it keeps giving me a closeup of Belgium.

ETA: Found another page. http://www.fathomevents.com/#!doctor...-of-the-doctor Click the "buy tickets" link, put in your zip code, and it'll show the nearest theater it's showing at. And it's showing at the next town over from me!
                    Last edited by XCashier; 11-11-2013, 03:45 AM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      It's not working right; it keeps giving me a closeup of Belgium.

ETA: Found another page. http://www.fathomevents.com/#!doctor...-of-the-doctor Click the "buy tickets" link, put in your zip code, and it'll show the nearest theater it's showing at. And it's showing at the next town over from me!
                      Weird, sorry about that. It works for me , in Australia, so I figured it would for everyone.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Alternatively, use http://www.fandango.com/GlobalSearch.aspx?q=doctor+who - that will also let you pre-buy your tickets (all the theaters here sold out fast), if you're lucky enough to find a theater near you.
                        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                        "What IS fun to fight through?"
                        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

My daughter is counting down the days, well I should say that she has Ben counting down the days since the date was released months ago!

She is going to the cinema to watch it in 3D, hubby and I will be watching it in the quiet of our house with no kids trying to talk through it!

Comment

I shall of course record it on my DVR, as I always do. Even though I imagine my DVR will record it automatically, as it is set to record Doctor Who episodes, I will double check it, as it never records the specials; somehow the listings are such that they appear to be separate shows.

I had I idea it was this close, and I had NO IDEA there would be theater showings of it, let alone in 3D. But living out here in Land's End as I do, I was certain that the nearest showing of it would be on the mainland, over 100 miles away. Imagine my great surprise to find out that it is showing at the local sixplex, which I could quite literally walk to. Now, since I work on Mondays, the only question is, do I buy tix for the 7:30 showing, or the 10:00? While I'm usually out of work on Mondays in plenty of time, if it's unusually busy, they can keep me till the closer gets there at 7, which sees me getting out around 7:30...and no way I could make the early showing then.

Damn it, I'm just gonna have to not gamble here and buy for the 10:00 showing!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

"Purchase complete."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X