Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth iradney View Post
    Yay! One of my cards arrived!!!
    I got yours too, but I haven't opened it yet because I'm a lazy sod.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Ill have to join you guys next year
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• My cards are finally done and just need to be addressed and mailed. So behind this year, didn't help that I've been down for the last week and a bit with the flu. I probably have many cards waiting at the post office for me! Have to check tomorrow now that I'm finally mobile again.

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Well, missionaries have brought Christmas everywhere else in the galaxy, why not to the Klingons?
          I have to admit that I damn near pissed myself laughing when I opened your card! It was hilarious

Comment

• Juuuuust lurking. Don't mind me. ^_^;>

*note to self: Next year: send cards made entirely out of glitter*
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I have been enjoying my cards immensely. I note that the glitter was pretty restrained
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Kit made me cry today. I got my mail and it had a bunch of cards in it. Yay! One of them had a Royal Mail postmark. Double Yay! I like the foreign postmarks. I keep both the cards and the envelopes for those. Then I opened the card, and while there was a "Merry Christmas" on the card, it wasn't a Christmas card, it was a Birthday card. Then I cried because that was so sweet. Nobody ever remembers my birthday. This is pretty much the one "this is for birthday and Christmas" thing I've ever gotten that's made me really happy, because having my birthday acknowledged at all was unexpected. Thanks Kit!

I also got cards from a couple other people today, and have been tallying up as I've gotten them from others, but didn't post about them. Sorry.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Quoth mathnerd View Post
                  it was a Birthday card.
                  Aw, I didn't know it was your birthday, too! Happy birthday!

(Kit sent me chocolate last year. That was nice. )
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Thanks!

(words to take up space to meet the character count minimum)
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• I didn't join in this year, because I honestly didn't know about this... but now I just bought four boxes of cards on sale and I am SO going to glitter up mailboxes next year. YAY!

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                        I didn't join in this year, because I honestly didn't know about this... but now I just bought four boxes of cards on sale and I am SO going to glitter up mailboxes next year. YAY!
                        Look for the thread around late September/early October.

Today's slightly damp Christmas cheer was brought to me by bhskittykatt and munchkinmama.

Comment

• I don't mind about glitter,but if anyone slips in a mini-Pam-Beesly into the envelope-I will melt with the little giggles and the doe eyes and the way she just smiles and... *ahem,I shall be very happy*
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• My backside is finally out of bed after a nasty bout of the flu, cards are now in the mail and my mail that has collected for almost three weeks has been picked up! However ran out of energy before I got to opening and sorting it so will do that tomorrow when I get home from work, I just know there is a lot of cards there!

Comment

• Today's teeny tiny holiday cheer came from BlaqueKatt. Too cute!

Comment

• Sorry I've been quiet. We've been getting cards, but haven't opened any yet. Ours are going out this weekend/week.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X