• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase I is complete and Phase II begins now

Relevant threads:

GF passes Away

I have to euthanize my Dog

Gut punched by my State

GF's will and estate just came out of probate court about a week or so ago.. No real problems except at the last minute my State decided to bill the estate for "services rendered" while GF was on Medicaid for 6 months (to the tune of $25k).

Now the plan (and this is what GF wanted for me) was that I could purchase the house from the estate at a nice reduced price. Well the state put a little kink in that plan. I do have a pre-approved Residential Mortgage application with my bank. Now I am going to up my purchase price by about $10k (still within my budget and financial limits)

AND

I can say with some certainty that in the next 60 days (maybe a little longer depending) or so I will be able to purchase the house.

FINALLY MAYBE I can catch a break.

On a funny side note my pizza place has gotten a couple of calls for GF. No information but they were told GF no longer works there (not sure if someone told them she passed away months ago). GF's daughter and I thought it might be debt collectors since the home landline was disconnected months ago.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-01-2016, 07:57 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

On the potential collectors -- If it's possible, see if they can write down the name of the place if they call the store again. Contacting someone at work is VERY illegal for collection agents, unless I'm terribly mistaken.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      On the potential collectors -- If it's possible, see if they can write down the name of the place if they call the store again. Contacting someone at work is VERY illegal for collection agents, unless I'm terribly mistaken.
      It is VERY illegal but then again when do a lot of these collectors actually follow the laws/rules.

Comment

They do when the person being called knows the laws/rules. And when the person being called can collect CASH MONEY for each violation...
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Can you request an itemized Medicaid bill from the State? They should have to prove it cost that much for her care. Plus it might be possible to negotiate the cost with the State to a more manageable level.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
            Can you request an itemized Medicaid bill from the State? They should have to prove it cost that much for her care. Plus it might be possible to negotiate the cost with the State to a more manageable level.
            You have to remember that this is the government entity and thus moves like molasses on a very cold day. look at the fact they did not send the estate a "bill" until GF had been dead for 6 months. and in the fact that the "rules and such" are fairly clear and cut on this.

I nor the estate (GFs daughter) can not afford to drag this out for much longer. The longer this takes the more money I have to spend on "rent" (as in me paying the current mortgage which I have been paying for almost 7 months) which that amount is about $200 more than my new mortgage payment will be. I need to be at that lower payment ASAP

I am looking at a closing date near Thanksgiving.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              You have to remember that this is the government entity and thus moves like molasses on a very cold day. look at the fact they did not send the estate a "bill" until GF had been dead for 6 months.
              Just curious, but what happens if the government entity is slow enough that the executor has posted the legal notices in the paper "Anyone with claims against Mr. Boddy please contact $executor by $deadline", the deadline has passed, the estate has been distributed, and THEN the government entity sends the estate a "bill"?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X