Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cubs are going to the World Series!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Nah. When the Milwaukee Brewers win the World Series the apocalypse will really be nigh.
    Quoth Becks View Post
    Maybe someday...
    NAAAAA the St. Louis Cardinals will always be there to prevent that from happening
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      J2K. Put on those walking shoes.

The Cubs are the 2016 World Series Champions!
      I can neither confirm nor deny that I happened to buy new shoes this week...
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Tangential --

Some cleverly-edited audio serves as a tribute to the late, great Harry Caray, letting him call the game as the Cubs won the big one this past week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ors9Gmzof2o
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
          Don't like baseball at all. Actually, "don't like" is pretty mild for how I feel
          How you feel about baseball is how I feel about football.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          NAAAAA the St. Louis Cardinals will always be there to prevent that from happening
          Nah, the Cards are overdue to be the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Some cleverly-edited audio serves as a tribute to the late, great Harry Caray, letting him call the game as the Cubs won the big one this past week:
            Did everyone forget about Jack Brickhouse? Caray only called for 16 years for the Cubs. Brickhouse called for 40.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Forgive my ignorance, but what does the W flag mean?
              WIN!!!!, of course.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but what does the W flag mean?
                You belong in Group W, of course!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  Maybe in baseball, but if you extend it to all sports the Leafs hold that title.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    NEVER gonna happen. YES there have been periods of not so good seasons BUT....... The Beer Farts well .........
                    Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-05-2016, 07:52 AM.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Maybe in baseball, but if you extend it to all sports the Leafs hold that title.
                      I'll take your word for it.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      NEVER gonna happen. YES there have been periods of not so good seasons BUT....... The Beer Farts well .........
                      We can't be friends. :P
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

cs - Will this do?
                        Quoth Becks View Post
                        Were they the targets of this song, then?
                        Last edited by EricKei; 11-06-2016, 01:00 AM.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Now that the Cubs have won the World Series, the Arizona Cardinals are now the proud owners of the longest professional championship drought in North America. They haven't won a championship since 1947.

No wonder the Cardinal logo looks so angry.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

What's with the relocating thing...Chicago to St.Louis to Phoenix? That doesn't happen in any other sports surely? You can imagine if say Tottenham Hotspur decided to up sticks and become Manchester Hotspur...The only ones who have done anything like that was MK Dons and that was very unpopular
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The former town of my local football team is still bitter about them leaving (sneaking out of town in them middle of the night) over 30 years later. The last time they played each other said city refused to use the team on the scoreboard and just put our city.

The city has been loyal to the team as has the owner. Of course it helps that with the exception of one season that I've lived here the team has done good so it makes the locals happy. Certainly the level of fandom is nothing compared to other cities but it keeps people happy.
                              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                                The former town of my local football team is still bitter about them leaving (sneaking out of town in them middle of the night) over 30 years later.
                                You must be referring to the Baltimore Turn-Colts, as I like to call them.

Speaking of which, many years ago Mrs. IA's cousin was walking into a local (Baltimore) mall and a big guy held the door open for her. She thanked him, looked at him and said, "You look familiar." He replied. "Johnny Unitas, ma'am."
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X