This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Akasa View Post
    raw, are you telling me to get over it and move on?
    No not you... the person your talking about.

Comment

She finally contacted me, to tell me to expect a package.

Comment

This really sent me in a bit of a downward spiral...
        My bday was Sunday.
        I get a call from my brother's number, and it's him and my parents singing me happy birthday.

In years past this would have made me happy, but now I'm like "Oh you can sing me happy birthday like everything is fine, but you can't make a fucking effort for the sake of our relationship?"

Comment

You have my sympathies, Akasa.

I have mixed feelings about family. I've decided that I don't owe family anything simply because of some concatenation of genetics or marriage. Friends or family, if they treat me decently I'll do a lot for them. Treat me poorly or abuse me? Nope, you're out of my life. To borrow a quote, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Had a rather heated exchange with GCsis and her husband today.

Sis tried to guilt trip me into seeing my parents when I go to home state on a visit and I flat out told her "The mom you know is not the mom I know."
            "What do you mean by that?"
            So I basically told her she's never seen it, but there's a lot of favoritism going on, she's the golden child and I'm the scapegoat. She took that as me trying to give her a guilt trip... so I gave her a wall of spam in response to her and her husband's combativeness.

"As long as you stop trying to bring mom into our relationship we're good. We have issues when you try to insert yourself into my and mom's relationship. It's no place for you and just pisses me off.
            I don't mean to guilt trip you, but you sure as hell meant to pull some on me.
            If it makes you feel bad that I pointed out that there's favoritism, too bad. I know it's not your fault it exists. It's a flaw in our parents.
            BUT I am NOT going to stick around and be kicked all my life!"

Her response?

"Ok. Lets not talk about mom then."

Comment

I'm in TX visiting BFF.
              I have plans to visit my siblings.
              I loaded up the lyft app in case mom ambushes me at one of their houses... because I don't trust them to remove me from the situation.(and there's not uber or lyft where I live)

Comment

One sibling visit down, no ambush.
                The next one is today, and it's the one that has a high chance of ambush.

Comment

Good luck!
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh man. It was a disaster, and there wasn't even a visit. No ambush either.
                    I'll fill you in later.

Comment

Ok, strap in.
                      Sunday my sister said we'd get together for lunch Monday. She lives across town, with heavy traffic.
                      I had been texting her since 9am.
                      We are IN THE CAR..HALF WAY THERE when she texts "oh, I'm not home, and idk when I will be. I'm sitting in the waiting room at the Dr office."
                      *record scratch *
                      "Wut?"
                      YOU'RE JUST NOW TELLING ME THIS!?

So I raked her over the coals as we turned around and headed back.

Comment

She sounds like an inconsiderate cow -_- The only thing I can think of is that she didn't think she'd be waiting for so long. Or she just didn't think...

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                          She sounds like an inconsiderate cow -_- The only thing I can think of is that she didn't think she'd be waiting for so long. Or she just didn't think...
                          If I wasn't the first or second appointment of the day, I'd be waiting for a very long time in the waiting room -- like forty-five minutes to two hours. Doesn't excuse Akasa's sister, as the majority of doctor appointments tend to be scheduled months in advance.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                            Or she just didn't think...
                            After having some family members pull that with my mom, I just don't think they care.

Years ago, before the shit hit the fan, my aunt (dad's annoying half sister) and her husband and Grandma were supposed to come over for dinner on Christmas Eve. Mom was still working, and had taken the day off to clean the house, set things up, and start cooking. 5:59PM, they decided, at the last minute...that they weren't coming. No reason given, just that they didn't want to drive the 12 miles. Naturally, my mom hit the ceiling, and my dad started making excuses for his family. At least my brother got to make a comment--their not coming over was the "best Christmas gift ever"
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My sister is the golden child catered to all her life. She NEVER considers if her actions will inconvenience someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X