Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    I like the "Incarnations of Immortality" by Piers Anthony myself.
    Some of them were excellent, especially On a Pale Horse. Bearing an Hourglass was ... lacking. Numbers six and seven were somewhat forced. Generally speaking, good reading.

Rapscallion

Comment

• I'd recommend the Xanth books, but they're a bit too advanced for 13 year olds; 16+ will like them, tho. Also the Phaze books.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Some of them were excellent, especially On a Pale Horse. Bearing an Hourglass was ... lacking. Numbers six and seven were somewhat forced. Generally speaking, good reading.

Rapscallion
        *squishes Raps*

OMG!!! Someone who agrees with me about books 6 & 7! YAY!

Comment

• Well, after fighting the good fight and making it to page 227 of "Twilight", I am throwing in the towel. The juvenile writing style, the endless descriptions of the awesomeness that goes by the name of Edward Cullen, Bella's incessant whining and stupidity, and the fact that the book is MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING makes me realize that I need to stop before the last shreds of my sanity slip away.

On the plus side, this book helped my insomnia. Seriously folks, I'm not joking here. Reading five pages a night for the last week or two knocked me out cold and I was able to catch up on my sleep. I thought about keeping the book around a while longer to help me sleep, but I'm afraid I'll end up in a coma if I read any more.
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• I have no desire to waste money on this book, but somehow I have to get my hands on it in order to find out what the frack is so great about it.

Anyone want to loan me theirs before they burn it?
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• RW, I have the PDF of the book. I'll e-mail it to you if you want.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• I loved 'A Wrinkle In Time' by Madeline L'Engle so much, I still have the yellow-paged paperback copy I swiped from my 5th grade teacher....

And I read it once every two months. ^.^
                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

• I got hold of a PDF of Twilight and actually got through it. I kind of feel like my IQ has dropped a wee bit, but at least I know what I'm criticizing now. I still can't understand how this is 'amazing' as so many fangirls/boys claim it is. I thought it was mind-numbingly boring and very poorly written. It kind of reads like one long, monotonous high school blog entry. Not to mention that Bella is a whiny, ungrateful little bitch. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it. Real people. Do. Not. Act. Like. This! I'll stick with Bram Stoker and Kouta Hirano, thanks.

*ponders on how amusing it might be to feed Edward to Alucard . . . .*

And, for your horror/amusement - 'Amazing boooooooook-uh'
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

• Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                    And, for your horror/amusement - 'Amazing boooooooook-uh'
                    good lord she looks like an ogre!!!!!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• So, what exactly was her bitching about? I mean, other then calling everyone stupid "turds".

Jeebus, how low do you have to be to sink to that level where you use language like that?
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Video keeps freezing and losing sound for me. The bits I saw were hysterical for all the wrong reasons.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          So, what exactly was her bitching about? I mean, other then calling everyone stupid "turds".
                          I'm kind of gathering she was an unholy level of pissed off because many, many Twifans have dared to dislike and even utterly abhor Breaking Dawn. And from what I've heard, they have very good reason for the way they feel. Apparently it's 'selfish' because we're not all happy happy joy joy for Bella, who, by the way, this person doesn't seem to realize is not a real person

It's kind of funny, but I sincerely hope that this woman is only doing this as one big parody and will one day come out and admit it. She always posts her videos' stats in the description, so either it's an honest to gosh parody, or she really is this batshit and loopy . . .
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

• Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                            I still can't understand how this is 'amazing' as so
                            many fangirls/boys claim it is.
                            Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                            Not to mention that Bella is a whiny, ungrateful little bitch.
                            There you go, it's amazing to them because they see so much of themselves in it.
                            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

• I liked the Incarnations of Immortality, but went a bit off Piers Anthony after reading Bio of a Space Tyrant and some short stories that were deeply, deeply gross. (Torture =/=sexy. EVAR).

Comment

• What amuses me is that Shrek-girl seems to think she can persuade people that she's right and the books are 'awesome' by insulting them.

Must admit, Bio of a Space Tyrant was irritating. Quite a few concepts in there that were over the edge, and the real clincher for me was that if you had read his author's notes in other books about his life then you knew quite a bit of the story already.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X