This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nurian View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! You know Troy McClure?
    Hey! I remember him from such movies as "Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die" and "Gladys The Groovy Mule"!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

ok well i asked him. i asked if hed wanna see a movie with me suinday night (yea im going with movie--i know i know) but i dont know what his schedule is like

he doesnt know it yet either, but he said he will let me know

so its not a no...at least not yet

i did say "with me" and he didnt ask of any others. so i think he gets the idea its just me ;P

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
        As far as the communication thing, that's not necessarily a maturity thing. My dad is incredibly shy. He always has been. I myself have trouble sometimes getting started on an upsetting subject. Once it gets started it's not as much of a problem, but actually getting it started can be agonizing every so often.
        I have often used a phrase on this site: "I reserve the right to be completely, horribly, and even embarrassingly wrong." This is one of those cases.

Of all people in the world, I should know that being able to express interest in someone of the opposite sex does not necessarily equate with maturity. Hell, I often still struggle with this myself, with getting that first foot in the door. (Once I get over that hurdle, I usually manage to stroll in the door, sit down, and make myself at home, expressively wise, anyways.)

I apologize to anyone who is shy who feels I suggested that their shyness equals immaturity. It was not meant as such.

I think that it was just all the other things Sara said about the dude that made me just think, "What is WITH this guy?"

Hope that all makes sense.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        XXDarrienX (who now no longer lives with us, but with this girlfriend in southern Houston) used to "date" this girl who worked at a movie theater so she got to see movies for free.
        The obvious question arises: is she as nuts as the other girls he was dating, especially the one he was fleeing when he moved in with y'all? Just wondering.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

You a betting man?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I have to jump in here with a suggestion, as I kind of overlooked this before.

If this is going to be a DATE, as in your first official romantic interlude with the boy.....do NOT go to the movies. Generally speaking, that is the worst choice possible. Why? Well, a first date is all about getting to know each other (in your cases, more in a romantic sense, as you've known each other for a little while now) and interacting. In a movie, there is generally not much real interaction. I am not saying you should never go to a movie for a date, but as a first date, it just doesn't do much.

Just my two Canadian cents. (I've been trying to get rid of those damn Canadian pennies since someone tossed them in my tip jar last week.)

Normally, I'd agree. But if this guy has as much problem talking with girls on a romantic level as he sounds like he does, it might make for a better first date to go with the movie. You don't want to overwhelm him with awkwardness right away. Give him a chance to come out of his shell just a bit. Maybe after the movie you could grab something to eat. It will give you something to talk about when you hit an awkward silence.

My first boyfriend was the same way. Very shy around new people, especially girls. I eventually had to ask him out because he was too shy to ask me. We dated for almost 3 weeks before we even kissed, because I was waiting for him to kiss me. I finally had to kiss him. We ended up dating for 6 years before we ended it. The relationship ended up being more of a best-friendship than anything else. We were inseperable, but the romantic stuff was pretty much nonexistant. I started thinking he was gay and he just didn't know it. Turns out, he was. We're still friends.

I'm not saying that he'll end up being gay. But if a guy is that shy and awkward around girls, there's a reason.
            Last edited by sexiphatchick; 04-23-2009, 03:06 PM.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

the whole awkwardness thing, ive just always found him to be that way when he has to open up about something, or have to take a serious tone.

Comment

well he says he cant sunday night, too busy between work and family stuff.

so i texted him () asking if hed wanna try again some other time in the week.

just waiting.........................

Comment

Ummm... shyness... meh - some people are like that. Just like some people don't know when to shut up, and some people like football, and some people... yeah, you get the drift. It doesn't really mean all that much, other that it's a personality trait that you've got to work with... just like any other. Underneath, probably all fairly much the same sort of stuff going on as the rest of us.

Movies. I'll agree with Jester... not a movie. This is a date, it's not just another thing you're going along to like you would as a non-date thing that you said you've done before. Since you already know each other, and have for a few years, the communication things should be a problem as suggested, so dinner works... especially as it is a 'traditional' date thing. Whatever it is, try to ensure it's obviously a date, and not just another outing. If, per chance, you do want to do a movie thing, I'd suggest at home on dvd... far more intimate, and one's focus can easily move from the movie to... elsewhere And there's no problem about worrying about public (I am presuming, of course, that you can have a place to yourselves for the night). If you can cook, even better! (If you can't, better still if you suddenly try... to impress!) You know.. "the way to a man's heart " type stuff...

I do think, though, that we all give out 'signals'... just like languages around the world ... no-one's bothered to learn the same damn one!
                  When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Oh Slyt, I KNOW we all give out signals. That is not the problem. The problem, my friend, is that what is being transmitted and what is being received is rarely the same damn signal. Sometimes it is, of course, but relying on such signals and your ability to correctly interpret them is rather hazardous, to say the least!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

well hes gonna be busy all week running his store.

i read someting my brother sent to someone else, he said im wasting my time, and that the guys doesnt like me

so he would share this with my brother? oh well thats good. why doesnt he freaking tell me why

im f***ing pathitic, i quit.

i give up

ughhhhhhhhh

Comment

He's got a direct offer from a girl and you're pathetic?

You've got that the wrong way around.

Rapscallion

Comment

I agree with Raps. You're not pathetic. It takes a lot to be able to ask someone out.

I also think he should have told you, but maybe he never got a chance...or he was hoping to tell you in person..or something...

I don't know. I'm sorry it turned out that way, though. *offers gummi bears and comfort*
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                            I agree with Raps. You're not pathetic. It takes a lot to be able to ask someone out.

I also think he should have told you, but maybe he never got a chance...or he was hoping to tell you in person..or something...

I don't know. I'm sorry it turned out that way, though. *offers gummi bears and comfort*
                            gummi bears are my fave! how'd you know?

well as long as were friends, then im happy, i just wish there coulda been something more

Comment

You're not pathetic. Far from it.

His loss, honey. We think you're awesome. If I was a boy, I'd accept your date.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm confused...

Where does it say that he wasn't interested in you?

I got that someone else has suggested it somewhere, but that's about all.

so, what this guy really thinks... isn't that what you want to know?

Personally, I'd still ask him 'out'... if you really feel that it's not going to work, then you haven't really lost anything (well... maybe Been there, done that)

Jester... yeah, I know. That's sort of what I was saying. People speak different languages, but we all think everyone understands what we are saying.. so, I'm totally agreeing with you.
                                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                                X