This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth draggar View Post
    They were 7 weeks old yesterday. It's great to have them but I can't WAIT until start to go to their homes next week.
    Heh, my cats were 7 weeks old when we brought them home.

That's awesome that one of them will be someone's eyes.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• (Fat) Chance went home today (I only cal him Fat Chance because he's a large boy - not fat, just large).

So we still have Clever who will go home later this week. We also have the runty boy, Catch.

We also have two girls left, Cadence and Cidra.

They had their evaluations yesterday. The evaluator said that Cadence and Crescent are "totally fearless" - my wife may consider using them for breeding in the future if their DM tests check out. The breed needs this and since this temperament is recessive but puppies generally develop 75% of their personality from their mother their temperament will be an asset to the breed.

Crescent, being just over 8 weeks old, is already bossing around the (adult) German shepherd the owner has.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Clever may be going home today.

Also, we have a family coming down from Orlando to look at them, they may take Cadence. Cidra may go to a family in Indiana to be a service dog (hearing ear).

We also have some people interested in Catch.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Wow, your place is going to be very empty now.
          Lol, yeah, right. I know you still have a mess of other animals.
          Your puppies are adorable, and even though a few are in the Great Yard in the Sky, at least they aren't suffering. I'm happy that so many are healthy and seem to have a happy life ahead of them!
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Yeah but all the puppies are going to good homes (hopefully if the last 3 do confirm and get the puppies).

My wife is already planning the "D" and "E" litters. One may be malinois (her "dream" breeding) and the other may be a little of GSD puppies. She's going to see how the economy is doing next time Kiri is in heat, though.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• We almost got scammed out of a puppy and lots of money!

My wife was talking to someone though a relay service (hearing impaired) but he refused to give her his phone number. She sent him the questionnaire in an email and asked him to fill it out and send it back.

She didn't hear from him until today.

She received a check for $1500 more than what we were asking. But it was from California, he is in Indiana. (Red flag?).

He said the extra was to pay when his courier picked up the puppy (red flag?) and to send him the difference though Western Union (yet another red flag).

My wife called the police because she suspected the scam. the officer called the bank and guess what - the account was closed for fraud.

Apparently this scam is not uncommon, others on a GSD forum mentioned that this has been done to them, too.

Edit:

When I came home I opened up the back door and Cidra started to give out a loud and protective bark.
              Last edited by draggar; 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Good luck with the next litters.

A friend of mine, her landlord (who lives just above her) has two dogs, both labradors. One's male, one's female. And the female is pregnant. It's all very exciting!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• I am so glad you noticed this scam. A lot of people don't. When somebody sends you a check for more then the amount and wants you to wire the 'remainder' DON'T. Tell them you can send the check back, and they can send you one for the correct amount (but they don't get the goods till they do), but that is ALL you will do. Under no circumstances 'wire' any 'excess' funds ANYWHERE.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• More pictures of black and tan furry cuteness overload!!
                    (and who I think it is)

Catch?

"Attack mommy!!" (Cadence to the right and Catch to the left?)

"But mom, I'm tired!" (Cidra?)

"Peek-a-boo!" (Cidra front, Catch back)

"What, you want me to go IN this??" (Catch?)

Last edited by draggar; 09-01-2010, 09:25 PM.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Yesterday two prospective adopters contacted my wife (both local - one actually saw our car at Bass Pro Shops the other day). She met with one last night at a class who is very interested in Cidra (he wants an active pet).

The other one is interested in Catch.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Cidra went home yesterday. my wife spent a few hours "installing" her in her new home. The owner is in love with her.

We also have someone local who is interested in Catch, he may go home this weekend, too.

She was also contacted by someone in Indiana who is interested in Cadence. We took pictures for them this past weekend and they're going to discuss her with their neighbors.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Catch just went to a family. They came and picked him up.

Cadence has been paid for and we're shipping her out on Tuesday (to let us cash the check tomorrow or Tuesday am).

Our house will be quiet on Tuesday.

Edit: We're taking a break after this (yeah, it seemed like a break before but we were trying with Kiri). Our D litter is at least another year to year and a half way unless something comes up at the right time. We're not sure if the "D" litter will be German shepherds, Belgian malinois (we do have one lined up with Zorro and her friend's malinois) or Czech vlcaks (yeah, Luna will be that age in the winter of 2011).
                          Last edited by draggar; 09-05-2010, 06:42 PM.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Poor Cadence!

The first leg of her flight (Fort Lauderdale) to Atlanta was fine.

Then, her flight from Atlanta to Chicago got canceled due to mechanical issues (well, I guess that's a good reason to not fly!).

I rebooked her on another flight. She'll arrive a few hours later but she is on her way, even though the plane took off 30 minutes late. The plane is now awaiting takeoff in Atlanta.

I called the family to let them know and I guess the kids are going to be allowed to stay up late to see her (they'll be tired at school tomorrow!).
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                            X