Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pen is 8 feet long (it's just a fence that you can arrange into different shapes). If we set it up to be 3' X 2' it won't be much bigger than the whelping box is now, an extra two feet out.

Edit: they're getting big. Chance just hit eight pounds.
    Last edited by draggar; 07-28-2010, 10:46 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
      Edit: they're getting big. Chance just hit eight pounds.
      How much do they weigh full grown?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• The SV standard says:
        Males: Withers height 60 cm to 65 cm; weight 30 kg to 40 kg

Females: Withers height 55 cm to 60 cm; weight 22 kg to 32 kg

AKC doesn't list a weight but typically they can be 65-90 pounds in males, 50-70 pounds for females, Kiri is on the high end of the scale (around 70 pounds).

Chance is going to be large, as long as his adoptive home feeds & treats him well, he may go over that 90 pound mark. Chatch, on the other hand, will most likely be on the lighter side, 65-70 pounds since he is still small (but catching up in size - I've been monitoring how far behind he is in weight to Clever).
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• What a busy morning! I broke down the whelping box and set up a small x-pen for them (for more room), The cam is adjusted a little bit so you can see more area (but not much more).

They're 6 weeks old today - 2 more weeks and we can start adopting them out!
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

They're 6 weeks old today - 2 more weeks and we can start adopting them out!
            They go away already? Nooooo!!!

Comment

• Don't worry - you see I still post pics of Athena (Pepper) and Artemis (Katie).
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• This is the first time my wife and I have the same opinion on the "pick" puppy.

Ceven.

She's a great balance. She's very pretty and sweet but independent enough she's not up your rear end 24-7. She's also outgoing and confident.

In my book Cadence is #2. She's a big girl (she may be as big as her mommy) and is very sweet yet Cidra (my wife's pick for #2) is very vocal and bratty.

Crescent is extremely sweet and bossy, she'll be a bitch like her mommy and Athena (Pepper). She's just in a small package.

Clever is the pick male. Catch is way to small, he may even be too small for the show ring and Chance is too big (he hit 10 pounds today). Chance will make a great deterrent for a family. All 3 are very sweet and affectionate.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• My wife is spoiling these things.

Last week she threw two raw chicken backs into their pit. I use the term pit to describe what it turned into with the backs. Ravenous little creatures! (Yes, they loved them!).

Yesterday they got a mix of canned salmon with a side of sweet potatoes.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Is it just me or is there one puppy missing from some of the updates?

Just according to the list you gave when they were born, there's nine, yet I only count 8 headshots.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• 7 head shots.

Cwick died the day they were born and Chase died the day Kiri got very sick.

With a litter this large the chances are that some will not survive (but it doesn't make it any easier). We also had two stillbirths.

Funny how with those two (not including the SB) Ceven was Ceven of nine.

Catch me if you Can,
                      Apple Cidra
                      Crescent Moon
                      Clever (?)
                      Ceven of (Well, Seven?)
                      Fat Chance (He's big!!)
                      March to the Cadence
                      Last edited by draggar; 08-08-2010, 06:42 PM.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Wow, I didn't know they did ultrasounds for dogs. That's so cool! I love dogs. Congrats!
                        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

7 head shots.

Cwick died the day they were born and Chase died the day Kiri got very sick.
                          I didn't realize that. I knew the numbers were off...I guess I didn't really want to know...

My friend's dog had 11 puppies; 3 died but I don't know if they were stillbirths or if they died later. They were a couple weeks old when I first met them.

Comment

• They were 7 weeks old yesterday. It's great to have them but I can't WAIT until start to go to their homes next week.

We had a bunch of people over today. Chance may go on a neuter contract to a family who wants to get a dog for their son.

The owner of the stud was here also to pick her pick - she is most likely going to take Ceven.

We also had one of my wife's clients here today who is looking for a small dog to be a companion to her mix breed, she may take Catch if he does have pituitary dwarfism.

Clever is going to go to a home to be trained as a seeing eye dog.

Sara also thinks one of her clients may also want to take Crescent, they're looking for a good working dog and she is full of attitude.

So Cidra and Cadence are the only ones who don't have definite homes yet but if 5 go next weekend then we're in a very good spot to be in.

Edit: I have the puppy cam up. I re-did the area today and made it larger for them. They had an exciting day today with all the people coming to see them, being outside and running around so they're just sleeping now but they'll wake up later.
                            Last edited by draggar; 08-08-2010, 06:51 PM.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Ceven went home today with the breeder (well, the owner of the sire). She's loving her.

Crescent went home, too. She was actually guarding the house this afternoon which is an extremely good sign (she was barking at the owner's other dog).

Chance will be picked up by the family on Sunday. He's actually going after Kiri (mom), he'll be a good protection dog for them.

Clever is going to go to the trainer on Monday to start his training as a service dog (most likely seeing eye?). He's extremely sweet.

The person who wanted Catch backed out. But his PD test came back negative (but there are a lot of false negatives at this age and also some "crossover" results).

Cadence is very outgoing and will need to go to a working home.

Cidra is very reserved - she isn't outgoing at all. Kiri is trying to "work" the dogs, mock-attacking them until they stand up for themselves, Cidra just takes it and cries.

My wife had a deal with previous owners and this litter's potential owners - free training for the life of the dog. I thought this was a bad idea - potential for a lot of abuse (soon all she'll be doing is free training). I suggested half price for a year then full price. We both agreed on free training for a year then half price for the rest of the dogs' life.
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Cidra sounds a lot like my Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X