Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dress is just a really long shirt.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      I'm about to stop reading Retail comic because it's not about retail anymore it's about two employee's romance and I could not possibly care less.
      But just wait until Stuart finds out.

And they've had romance sequences before.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        But just wait until Stuart finds out.

And they've had romance sequences before.
        Have they? I must not have been following on a day to day level at that point and probably just clicked next until it was gone. I would say this could have been done in one strip with one of them coming to work saying they got engaged, not a whole week of non-retail related fluff.

...but that's just me. And I stopped watching The Office after it became the Jim and Pam show.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
          Pie. That is all.
          OK!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180822_231844.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	2030772

Raspberry Slab Pie!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• This concept of 'binge-watching' is ridiculous. Unless you are so sick you can't move, there is absolutely no reason for any human to sit for hours and do nothing but watch TV.

At the moment my toddler IS binge-watching his one Paw Patrol DVD but he's been puking his guts up since yesterday. And even he is going to get tired of it within the next 30 minutes or so and want to read instead.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I heard a new phrase vis-a-vis arguments:

"That argument reminds me of a longhorn. A point here, a point there, and a whole lot of bull in between."
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                This concept of 'binge-watching' is ridiculous. Unless you are so sick you can't move, there is absolutely no reason for any human to sit for hours and do nothing but watch TV.

At the moment my toddler IS binge-watching his one Paw Patrol DVD but he's been puking his guts up since yesterday. And even he is going to get tired of it within the next 30 minutes or so and want to read instead.
                Last time I binge-watched anything, I was happily recuperating from some (relatively minor) surgery and a coworker had loaned me a DVD player and ... the initial Star Wars trilogy.

The night before I was to return it, I tried to watch all three movies back-to-back-to-back. At this point I can't remember whether I succeeded.

Quoth mjr View Post
                I heard a new phrase vis-a-vis arguments:

"That argument reminds me of a longhorn. A point here, a point there, and a whole lot of bull in between."
                Oooh, I have to remember that one!
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• The founder/owner of the studio I do lyra (aerial hoop) at definitely has a way with words. This is part of her message to all of us the other day:

Here at <Studio> we’re all about body confidence, however fishnets with NOTHING underneath is not an appropriate outfit choice for class. If you’re wearing fishnets or stockings, please for hecks sake at least wear underwear underneath, or preferably a pair underneath and another pair on top. No one wants to see Christmas ham genitals!
                  There were a few other memos (basically, she has a spine and if you act up, you WILL be expelled, but also "don't flush unidentified shit down the toilet because you will have to pay me $50 so I can bribe one of my staff to fish it out!") but THAT particular one had us all giggling.

Comment

• Husband and son are watching sports.

And by sports I mean the DOTA 2 International Championship on Twitch.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      Husband and son are watching sports.

And by sports I mean the DOTA 2 International Championship on Twitch.
                      It boggles my mind that that's A Thing now.

Thought tax: it's really a shame that "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" is essentially ingrained as the example sentence what uses all the letters in the English alphabet. "Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow" is far cooler.
                      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• So this morning before the boys and I leave my youngest daughter informs us that she is going to teach their mother (my wife) how to make lasagna with a nice salad.
                        I make a snide remark "Good luck with that." My wife is more of a hindrance in the kitchen than a help.
                        So after being gone for several hours we return in the hopes of setting down to a nice supper. What we walked into was finding my daughter setting in the floor crying with our eats scattered across the floor from the island counter to the table. It turns out after much fussing and fighting they get it all prepared only for the wife to drop it on the way to the table and daughter trying to help catch the lasagna dropped the salad. When it all hit the floor they started yelling at one another leaving them in separate rooms crying. While surveying this youngest son pipes up "At least the tea made it the table." That earned him some dirty looks and clean-up duty. Middle son and I retired to the car to go get some take-out but before leaving we had a deep and hardy laugh. With those two women disaster was the only possible outcome. Called in an order of a 16 piece of fried chicken with sides of collards, potato salad, corn-on-the-cob with a pan of cornbread. Good eats was had by us.
                        So far I don't this the daughter or wife have even looked at one another much less converse. Church should be interesting in the morning.
                        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
                          ... Church should be interesting in the morning.
                          Welcome to Ricochet Rabbit land, where you have to catch and pass on every explosive laden message.

"Will you tell *HER* ..."
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• It would not surprise me to discover that one of the entrĂ©es at a haute cuisine restaurant was actually Chicken-Fried Rat Feet...

...after being translated out of Higher Obfuscese (Menu French)

(with a tip of the hat to Sir PTerry and The Hogfather)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Today I learnt what vore is.This is knowledge I could have happily existed without....
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Note to self: watching "Men in Tights" the night after coming back from a conference is not the best idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X