Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok I am just going to hide in here. My life is being stupid. And I am at the end of my rope

We are going to CA in August. Yay time away. Or it would be if my coworkers were useless overpaid idiots. I have to work in the mornings because my coworkers won't or can't be trusted to do anything.

We are going to our first away game (sounders soccer) and trying to figure out how to get to SF is proving to be a pain. I would prefer to park in SF but we are taking our F150 (anything less then a 7' garage doesn't work) So looked into BART which made my brain explode. I am about to rent a SUV (we are picking up a couple of engravers (think custom license plate holders) and have to get them home. Otherwise I would take my car.

arrggghhhhhhh. planning trips were easier before the stress set in

And I am starting my lovely time of the month. I am cranky.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• still in pain. just gotta survive work.

Comment

• Damn. My ear just popped and now all "dense" sounds are painful to hear... hubby doesn't understand this stuff.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I spent some time in A&E this morning. I hadn't slept all night because I had such pain in my ear and surrounding area. The doctor said that the ear infection that my GP had treated me for had spread into the surrounding tissue and that's what is causing the pain. So now I have antibiotics to fight it on two fronts and better painkillers.
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Please can I hide here and have a nap.. stuck at work alone all day (9ish hours), battling morning sickness. I know it's par for the curse, but today? Really? I really wish I had the type that I actually threw up instead of feeling hungover and motion sick all at once for hours on end :-(
            Thank you for listening

Comment

• I'm snuggling up in here for a while.

My birthday is coming up next week, and I feel another huge depressive episode coming on.

I'm turning 27 next week, and still struggling to finish my BA. My dissertation was due a month ago. I'm getting frelling nowhere on it. To quote the classics, I'm "... some sad bloke stuck in deep space. No woman. No hope. No curry.".

And yesterday I read in the paper that an old classmate of mine from high school has signed a four record deal, with complete creative freedom, and that Stevie frelling Wonder is gushing over how good his band is...

I feel like a complete waste of oxygen. I'm going to go cry for a bit.

Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything stupid. I'll be back in fighting shape in a week or so. I just needed to vent.
              The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• *tucks Divra into a comfy corner with fluffy pillows and a warm blanket* Relax, you're almost 27. You have so much time left and so very many things to experience.
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                  I'm moving four hours away on Saturday.

It's too hot in this attic to pack, at 9:15 am.

I start a new job on Monday.

I can't find my drivers license, and will have to go replace it this afternoon.

And my gut doesn't want to keep anything in it.

AAAAAAAAGGGH.
                  First off ... congratulations on the new job.

Secondly, can you get rid of a lot of stuff, so you don't have to pack it?? (Worked for me, LOL)

Thirdly, hope your gastric system settles down ... I know how that is, and all it does is add to the stress. Hopefully you will be fine once you are moved and settled in.

And finally, hope you had no lineup and a pleasant person at the license bureau ... I have to get my address changed on mine. Preferably before I get pulled over for something, LOL.

Hang in there!

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                    *tucks Divra into a comfy corner with fluffy pillows and a warm blanket* Relax, you're almost 27. You have so much time left and so very many things to experience.
                    *adds a fluffy stuffed animal of Divra's choosing*

You've got plenty of time, Divra. Don't, for heaven's sake, think of yourself as a "waste" because one classmate has a record deal at age 27. In a few years that person may be reading about you in the paper and wishing they could change places with you.

Comment

• *hides under a thick blanket* I just thwapped myself in the face with a rake handle. It hurts and I'm trying hard not to laugh about it because that makes my face hurt even more. I might have given myself a black eye for the first time in 10+ years.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Comes in and snuggles into some blankets

I feel so bad. I woke up yesterday with the beginnings of a sore throat, I spent last night vomiting and trying to sleep sitting up so I could breath.

Comment

• *comes in with a very playful pack of puppies* am puppy sitting, thought some might like to have a snuggle buddy in the form of a puppy. They are the Heinz 57 variety (ie mixed, no certain breed)..and I don't have a phone, but sort of resemble short haired golden retrievers. About 8 weeks old, and have lots of energy.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                            *hides under a thick blanket* I just thwapped myself in the face with a rake handle. It hurts and I'm trying hard not to laugh about it because that makes my face hurt even more. I might have given myself a black eye for the first time in 10+ years.
                            I have been known to turn around and whack into a door and break glasses, actually it seems to happen every couple years.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                              *hides under a thick blanket* I just thwapped myself in the face with a rake handle. It hurts and I'm trying hard not to laugh about it because that makes my face hurt even more. I might have given myself a black eye for the first time in 10+ years.
                              I feel for you, LOL. A couple of years ago I was having a mid-afternoon snooze. Got up to go to the loo. It turned out my left leg had started to go to sleep -- but only started. So there was still some feeling in it, which meant I didn't realize it wasn't 100% under my control ...

I went down with a crash, scattering cats (I had 4 at the time) in every direction. Ended up with skinned knees at the age of 52.

Comment

• Quoth Pixilated View Post
                                A couple of years ago I was having a mid-afternoon snooze. Got up to go to the loo. It turned out my left leg had started to go to sleep -- but only started. So there was still some feeling in it, which meant I didn't realize it wasn't 100% under my control ...
                                Heh. My aunt did something like that, once. She was in her mid-40s at the time, and managed to actually break her foot because when she went to take a step, it wasn't flat, but twisted under.

My mother's best was getting up and walking into the edge of the door. She gave herself two black eyes out of it, tho managed to not actually break her nose.

My grandmother broke her foot running on the beach. Well, her big toe, actually, but still, it was the sand that got her.

I come from a long line of spectacular klutzes, and seem to be the least prone to doing myself damage; taking care of myself damaged takes too much effort - it's easier to just work on my situational awareness and save myself the hassle. My brother, on the other hand, is carrying on the tradition, with the nickname of "head first."

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X