This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love your brother's nickname!

I can see how your aunt managed to break her foot. What suffered most in my case was my dignity, LOL.

Your mom and my younger sister should form a club ... sis did the same thing (in her defence, I think she was 3 or 4 at the time ....) Ended up with a massive goose-egg on her forehead and two black eyes. Add that to Dresden-figurine prettiness and it made for quite a combination.

Sis was rushed to ER, of course, and they proclaimed her OK, by virtue of inheriting the hard head of her forebears (though they did give the standard warning about watching for a signs of a concussion).

This was before the days when child protection agencies were called in at the drop of a hat. Not saying that's good or bad ... just that this incident predated it. However, for us that was a good thing.

Maybe a week later mom took sis -- whose bruises were now in their full glory -- to the grocery store where mom worked. All her coworkers knew about the accident by then, so when they went through one woman's line, the woman said to sis, "What happened to YOU?!"

Sis: "I ran into a door!"

Coworker: "Nah ... your mom did that, didn't she!"

Sis: "YEAH!"

Mom: "Thanks ... thanks a lot."

However, it didn't end there ... perfect strangers would stop them on the street and say to sis, "What happened to YOU?"

Guess what sis's reply invariably was ... ?

After about the third death-ray glare, mom came home and said she wasn't taking sis out in public again until her bruises healed.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Heh. My aunt did something like that, once. She was in her mid-40s at the time, and managed to actually break her foot because when she went to take a step, it wasn't flat, but twisted under.

My mother's best was getting up and walking into the edge of the door. She gave herself two black eyes out of it, tho managed to not actually break her nose.

My grandmother broke her foot running on the beach. Well, her big toe, actually, but still, it was the sand that got her.

I come from a long line of spectacular klutzes, and seem to be the least prone to doing myself damage; taking care of myself damaged takes too much effort - it's easier to just work on my situational awareness and save myself the hassle. My brother, on the other hand, is carrying on the tradition, with the nickname of "head first."

^-.-^

Comment

• My high school crush is now married to my bastard drill sergeant. I could not make this shit up if I tried.

THE SUCKAGE HAS BEEN DOUBLED!
      The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• Tomorrow after I drop my roomie off at work I will have peace and quiet. My nephew has been staying the night the past couple of nights, plus last week on his birthday. Love the kid, but he gets so much on my nerves. Also, its always "Oh, btw *nephew* is gonna stay the night" or I just hear him come in. No warning, no asking me. And they always want to let him use my Wii which has my Netflix (only thing keeping me sane), and they won't let me borrow their Xbox which they aren't using at that moment. I don't want to watch movies and the only computer that works well with videos is a desktop, which is in the livingroom where my nephew sleeps. It is fucking frustrating. Ok, I feel better.

Comment

• Oh Divra, that sucks!

Everything is finally falling into place for us to move, and I have no energy or motivation. I'm looking at everything that needs to be done and wishing that I could just hide somewhere and let someone else do it. I hate moving, but I am looking forward to getting rid of all of the clutter. Oh well, I'll just do one room at a time.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Thanks, Mishi. You too, Pixilated.
            The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• *sigh* The Gizmo way to eat bacon rasher crisps:

1. empty large pack into tub with lid to avoid silly rustling packet
              2. put on sofa next to you.
              3. when leaning over to get something tip entire tub all over the sofa....
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Quoth Gizmo View Post
                *sigh* The Gizmo way to eat bacon rasher crisps:

1. empty large pack into tub with lid to avoid silly rustling packet
                2. put on sofa next to you.
                3. when leaning over to get something tip entire tub all over the sofa....
                4. Lick bacon rasher crisp crumbs out of every crevice and cranny in the sofa.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                  I hate moving, but I am looking forward to getting rid of all of the clutter. Oh well, I'll just do one room at a time.
                  Don't we all?

I don't even start with rooms; I start with areas. Or with type of item. Last move, it started with the media getting packed in boxes. It's all rectangular, and most of it is uniformly sized, so that makes it go fast. Then there's all that cleared space to help with the next section.

In other news, being sick continues to suck.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Not moving right now, mother-in-law is throwing a hissyfit about moving and we can't force her because it would be cruel. She has end-stage renal failure + a mental age of around 16. We were going to swap back, because it would be more convinient for everyone, but she's complaining about this house being depressing and haunted. It's not, and we really love this house, it's just annoying because I don't have my license and there's no decent public transport.

*hides in a corner*
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• First and foremost...HUGE HUGE HUGS to everyone who needs them.

That said...tragedy struck today. My stepdaughter's husband (they were planning to divorce and were separated but still married) has apparently committed suicide. She is an absolute wreck and I am devastated for her and for his family. We really don't have much information right now but obviously this is a horrible thing to happen. He was only 24. 2012 has been just about the worst year ever...I might have to say 2004 was worse because it was the year my infant daughter died, but all that didn't start until August. It's only July right now and we have had so many bad things happen this year...and not just us, it seems like a bad year for almost everyone.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• *sigh* Tonight's been horrible. First I texted my ex (who has still not contacted me in any way) that we need to talk... Which led to nothing. As expected. Then roomie and I had a huge fight. Then I got to talk to a friend of mine on Skype for the first time. And I love his accent (Aussie). And then Skype decided to kick me off. Yeah, I kinda like him. But I don't expect anything to come of it. Especially considering we live on two different continents. But his lovely accent was making an awful night much better.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *aggh*. I'm annoyed with myself for being annoyed that someone always apologises when they swear and realise I've entered the room/area and heard them (instead of it being just 'the boys' who heard it). I'm not sweet and innocent and don't need protecting from the big bad man language!
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Ugh, caught my son's flu and it's really kicking my butt.

Hubs kept saying that "It's so bad that you always get sick when I have to work. I'd totally pamper you if I didn't have to work." Well it's Sunday, and he's home. We'll see if anything happens.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Any special cures for a broken body clock in here? Mine seems to be working on a 28hr day at the moment and doesn't want to behave! *yawn*

Kanalah, any news on love and support from the husband? Hope you are feeling better soon!

Comment

• Fun fact: Artificial light screws with our circadian rhythms, extending them beyond the typical 24-hour cycle (although, people tend to gravitate to about 10 minutes longer than a 24 hour day, but this resets daily in normal day/night lighting).

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X