Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    Jester, you might as well give up...I live where it goes below freezing (though only a couple of times a year), and I get just as much flak.
    Oh, I wasn't looking to avoid any flak. Personally, I rather like it. I just thought I'd "give back," as it were, and let all the people that regularly get annoyed by my tropical gloating that, at least for a bit, I too am chilly.

Quoth Eisa View Post
    Well, come visit then. It's been regularly dipping below zero.
    No.

And by "no" I mean OH HELL NO!

The only things I like cold are my drinks, thank you very much.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• I feel so loved. -deadpan-

I don't even wanna be here...although my new chance of moving, yay! is to...Wisconsin. Why do I have a feeling it's even colder there?
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Don't move here.

Once winter starts, it never ends.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• And at the moment we've hit another hot spell.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
            And at the moment we've hit another hot spell.
            And may you merrily roast in....

Oh, you're in Oz. Nevermind.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
              And may you merrily roast in....

Oh, you're in Oz. Nevermind.
              Love how you changed your tune there

Today hit temps of over 35C. It's currently school holidays here.

Comment

• Quoth Eisa View Post
                I don't even wanna be here...although my new chance of moving, yay! is to...Wisconsin. Why do I have a feeling it's even colder there?
                Don't worry. Despite what Blas is saying, we're actually having something closer to a New Jersey winter.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                  ...we're actually having something closer to a New Jersey winter.
                  Cold, with frozen smokestacks, iced over toxic waste, tall drifts of hairspray, periodic muggings, and occasional mob hits?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                    Oh, I wasn't looking to avoid any flak. Personally, I rather like it. I just thought I'd "give back," as it were, and let all the people that regularly get annoyed by my tropical gloating that, at least for a bit, I too am chilly.
                    The problem is, our "chilly" is most other people's "spring". LOL. I was thinking about that yesterday afternoon (near sunset) when I was eating lunch in my car because it is too damn cold in my work building, and it was "chilly" for me outside too...and thinking the rest of the US and most people I know who live north of me would be loving that weather right about then. Oh well...

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Cold, with frozen smokestacks, iced over toxic waste, tall drifts of hairspray, periodic muggings, and occasional mob hits?
                    Hey! I resemble that remark...well, the hairspray Most of New Jersey is actually quite beautiful, but yeah, you don't see that too well when you fly into Newark Airport. (Sorry, I guess it's Newark Liberty Airport now or some such thing.) But no, I don't miss New Jersey winters at all. You could just stop at "cold".
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• *cranks up the aircon and dances around in underwear*

Hehe

Comment

• Just going to drop this right here for...some reason.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• OK, the next day it's warm (really warm) and sunny out I'll take some photos around here. It's supposed to be warm midweek but rainy too.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Alrighty, who sent the snow to the PNW?!?!? They are predicting anywhere from a dusting to 14 inches by Wednesday before it goes to rain. Who can i send this snow to?
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Elspeth, my nieces (who live about halfway between Seattle and Bellingham) have been laughing about this on FB, since it's relatively rare to get much snow there. They're still young enough to enjoy it, but I hope my older niece puts her driving lessons on hold till spring! At least she'll know how to drive in the rain, huh?

Comment

• Yeah, it's rare to get this much snow here.

I'm upset, because I have to do my paper routes in the morning, and they're on a steep hill. At least I'll have Hubs to help.

Not as upset as the next two nights, though. I have to drop Hubs off in North County. Other MOD lives there, and says the roads are always a skating rink. And then I have to drive back into town, and do the route by myself. Then drive up and pick up Hubs.

Very much NOT looking forward to this.

(Note: Our city owns a grand total of ONE snowplow. I don't know how many the county owns, but it's not enough, though I think they usually do a better job at snow removal than the city. The university has some snow removal equipment too, which is nice since I live next door and both my routes are next door as well. Every little bit helps.)
                                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X