Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    But, alas, all good things come to an end.
    Watched Fox 11's Patrick Powell's "In Depth" analysis yesterday after the game. Looking an awful lot like another 70+ inch (178cm) season in store. Yeehaw.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Watched Fox 11's Patrick Powell's "In Depth" analysis yesterday after the game. Looking an awful lot like another 70+ inch (178cm) season in store. Yeehaw.
      given where you (meaning us here in northern Cheeseheadland) live, why does this surpise you??????

but then according to the old wives tail about squirrel tails (meaning the bigger and fluffier they are the more harsh winter the more snow you get) I see squirrels with HUGE bushy tails in my area. EVERY FRIGGIN ONE OF THEM has a massive bottle brush sticking outta their backsides.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        given where you (meaning us here in northern Cheeseheadland) live, why does this surpise you??????

but then according to the old wives tail about squirrel tails (meaning the bigger and fluffier they are the more harsh winter the more snow you get) I see squirrels with HUGE bushy tails in my area. EVERY FRIGGIN ONE OF THEM has a massive bottle brush sticking outta their backsides.
        A furry dildo?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Well, considering that a squirrel's tail is *normally* the size of the rest of it...

Astonishingly, *still* no snow here. It's rained quite thoroughly a couple of times since I last posted, and there have been a couple of frosts, but the two haven't happened at the same time yet.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            You'd be surprised what can pass for a training exercise.
            Over a densely populated area, right next to a major Naval Air Station, 90 miles from Cuba?

You're right...I would be surprised.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

It's supposed to snow soon. Not happy.
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Over a densely populated area, right next to a major Naval Air Station, 90 miles from Cuba?

You're right...I would be surprised.
                We gots to prevent forest fires.

Interagency Coordination Exercise, to ICE the jest.
                Last edited by dalesys; 11-26-2011, 02:02 PM.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Meh, tonight has been lowered to just a dusting, when it changes.

The temp dropped 10 degrees in the hour and few minutes I was at the gym.

I really hate over-scheduling this time of year. You have to anticipate that it will be as bad as the weather folk say, so you have to time out every part of your day so you can be home before the roads get too bad or everyone else starts causing accidents.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Today it got up to 34C.

And on a similar note, down here they've started the shark patrols along the coast. ALways fun
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Another near-miss, another day of pouty, sulking weather people. Well gee, perhaps if you didn't start getting people worked up a week in advance and start issuing advisories and watches 3 days before it's even supposed to arrive. And, I beg of you, in a state like Wisconsin where we get 70+ inches of now on average per winter, why in God's name would you put a dusting of snow as an advisory?!

Anywho.

Ever notice we don't get thunderstorm and tornado watches/warnings issued 3 days before it storms?
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No snow here, but lots of rain. Right now, it's in the 50s and cloudy. I sure wish the weather would make up its damn mind. Over the past month, we've had everything from sunny and 70F-plus, to 20F and snow. Knock it off, dammit!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We've got some sprinkling going on now and it's 61 degrees F. Our temps have been fluctuating between 70+ and 40-something highs over the past couple of weeks.

No snow yet but I wouldn't count it out. Especially since last year we saw a dusting a week after Thanksgiving.

Strange weather. I think Mother Nature is going through menopause.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

First "cold" day here for us...it's windy and down into the high sixties, and supposed to get a bit colder over the next few days. Weather.com suggests mid-sixties as lows, but some of my friends and coworkers seem to think it will drop to the low sixties.

Needless to say, everyone down here is scrambling for their sweatshirts. (No, seriously.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Damn, I know people here who wear flip flops in 20 degrees.

(Those people would not be me. I think I'm cold-blooded or something.)
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Forecast says mostly 30s and 40s here...and then a drop to the 20s at the end of the eight day. We'll see. No snow in the forecast yet, thankfully!
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X