Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    Still no snow here. Some of the locals are wondering where its got to...
    It's all standing in line to give some poor bastard a Nothing But White Holiday. I nominate a certain bartender, since I don't drink.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Awww don't be picking on poor Jester now!

We Aussies could use some of that snow
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Parking lots and driveways were glare ice today, but all in all, the roads recovered well from our less than an inch (but just 50 miles north, they got 4 to 6 inches) accumulation. What made it bad was the rain/freezing rain beforehand.

I'm hearing 50 degrees Thurs/Fri?

FUCK YES!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Today, rather than drive into work, I think I'll ride my bicycle.

In shorts and a t-shirt. Since, ya know, the forecast is for 82 and partly cloudy.

Yes, I know you all hate me for comments like these. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Yes, I know you all hate me for comments like these. And I'm perfectly fine with that.
            I don't Though we probably get more rain here. We had at least one heavy downpour today while I was at work so I was glad I had my car (even though it was no longer raining when I left).
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I've been wearing maxi dresses and flip-flops (was about to call them thongs, then realised that it's a whole 'nother term over there) for about the past week.

Don't worry Jester, I love you.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                I've been wearing maxi dresses and flip-flops (was about to call them thongs, then realised that it's a whole 'nother term over there) for about the past week.
                You know, I seem to remember back in the Dark Ages when I was a kid in New Jersey (aka the 70s...lol) that the footwear in question was sometimes called Thongs instead of Flip-Flops...but I think that was before we were introduced to the strangely popular wedgie-on-purpose undergarments we know as Thongs today.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                  You know, I seem to remember back in the Dark Ages when I was a kid in New Jersey (aka the 70s...lol) that the footwear in question was sometimes called Thongs instead of Flip-Flops...but I think that was before we were introduced to the strangely popular wedgie-on-purpose undergarments we know as Thongs today.
                  Yeah....I have to be careful sometimes talking on here because I'll say one thing and it means another overseas!

We call them thongs down here....seems weird to call them flip-flops.

I've been using the flip-flop and maxi combo whenever I go to the pool because it's an easy coverup for afterwards.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    Don't worry Jester, I love you.
                    That makes one of you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      You know, it's stuff like this that makes me wish I had connections with the local CFB and arrange for a C-130 airdrop right on Jester's head.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Hi there! Greetings from the tropics! Gorgeous day here today, nice breeze blowing, a bit cooler, about 78-82 degrees or so, if I had to guess.

Yeah, I'm a bastard. And your point being?
                        Yeah, me too. I'm wearing shorts right now.

One thing about living down here is that the weather, while it does indeed sometimes suck, it more often rocks.

Comment

Mother Nature seems to have left the water running out in our neck of the woods. Sounded like someone had turned on a fire hose on our house this morning. Up towards the border they were getting gusts of 60 to 70mph. And that was just storm number 1. Number 2 is lining up to hit us this afternoon.

And the mountains are getting slammed with snow.

This should be fun.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            You know, it's stuff like this that makes me wish I had connections with the local CFB and arrange for a C-130 airdrop right on Jester's head.
                            Good luck with that, considering Key West is the location of a major Navy Air Station, and is unlikely to get anything dropped anywhere on it by any branch of the U.S. military.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              That makes one of you.
                              I think we need a dance for this

Comment

And almost all of the snow has melted. It was in the 50s today and will be again tomorrow.

And I've spent most of my day at work today, and will again tomorrow so I can't enjoy it (or spend Thanksgiving with my family).
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X