Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Chromatix View Post
    Around here the sea usually *does* freeze solid enough to play ice-hockey on...
    That "sea" is practically fresh! ... and it's just belted to the Atlantic.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• We've been under a Storm Watch since last night, it lasts until Sunday morning.

4-6 inches expected. Ah, fuck me running.

Oh, on top of it, nearly every moment of the newscast was about this stupid impending snowstorm. For Fucks Sake, 4-6 inches in Wisconsin is like ANY OTHER WINTER DAY. Seriously? Get people paranoid much?

And oh, the stores are so excited that they'll be making so much money off of snowmobiles and snowblowers and ski trails are so excited to be opening. Shut the fuck up.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• We have like...an inch of snow outside? If that?

And it was absolutely hilarious when my aunt was like "omg can't drive in so much snow!"

...it's not even an inch.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Well, we had an inch or snow of the really wet sloppy stuff early Thursday morning, and on less travelled roads (by where I work, since it's kinda out of town a bit), the slop kind of grabbed onto your tires and made it hard to keep going straight in the same direction. My "low traction" warning light came on many times, and I am probably one of the pokiest winter drivers I know.

Comment

• My friend in Wisconsin called me last night and in our conversation told me where she lives is supposed to get 6 or more inches. Which isn't good cause she needs to go to the nearest big city (living as she does in a literal village) to buy some stuff for a trip next week.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• It's our turn with the winter storm watch today through tomorrow--four to six inches expected, but we'll see. They've already lowered the amounts expected once. Last time we were supposed to get a dusting (2 days ago) we got exactly jack shit, so this one doesn't worry me much either.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• We were bumped up to 6+ inches last night, then lowered to an Advisory this morning, then bumped back up to around 5 inches.........I just wish we'd get a big fat ZERO, but since it's impossible, please, oh please, have MERCY on us. Please.

But of course, we're in the biggest high risk area of the cell. Go figure.

Comment

• Update: Just got home from work and holy fucking hell is it snowy outside! I saw one snowplow going the opposite direction, and one heading west on a blacktop on my way home. The highway? COVERED. The blacktop into town? COVERED. Long, slow drive home that was. if it keeps up like this, we may just get that six plus inches of snow. As I said on Twitter just now: Hello, Winter. I haven't really missed you that much, actually.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• It's foggy as hell out there. I usually drive between 65-75 MPH between work and home...tonight I barely went up to 60.

Not fun.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Just some hazy clouds here tonight, and cold out. Interesting thing though... I was walking from my apartment to a nearby restaurant for supper, and saw a fireball streaking across the sky. It was bright enough to light up the clouds, but had it been clear out, I bet I could have watched it breaking up.

Totally full of awesome.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

• A fireball? An asteroid or something? We were supposed to get snow, but it's raining like November in CA: cold and constant.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Meh. It's nowhere near the superduperomgsnowmaggedon!11!! that the meterologists were wetting themselves over (oh wait, they do that every time a flake is in the forecast), but I heard on the news that there are a lot of accidents and vehicles in the ditch. Over a few inches of snow. Really?

I thought about going out and cleaning off my car and shovelling around it, but, I decided against it. I'm curious as to whether the landlord will call for plowing in the morning, as someone has already plowed a path in and out of here, but there's hardly any snow around the vehicles.

Comment

• And someone up there said let it rain and rain and rain and rain and........

come on. it is FREAKING December here in the land of green and gold and NO SNOW just rain and more rain and more rain

QUIT TEASING US DAMN IT
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• NO! I don't want snow! I'm still contending with an injury to my spine that happened last March. I fall every. single. year. in ice or snow. I'm sick of snow. If I could afford to move back to Cali, I would.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Any of you that want snow, have it. Have it all.

I would have been happy as a clam and not bitching up a storm if all we got was rain.

But noooo. Nooo. It just had to be the biggest path of the storm, and our weather folk are such bobbleheaded drooling idiots that they think it's so funny to smile and laugh about needing to shovel and that we're getting OOOh so much snow and teeeehehehehehe it's December teehehehehehe huge storm!

I want to take my shovel and smack them upside the head. That's a better use for it. Get. That. Smile. Off. Your. Face.

Comment

Working...
                                X