Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And today looks like a PERFECT day for a chili cookoff. It's a bit cloudy, but the day should be dry and in the mid to high seventies. And rather windy, which is not that unusual down here.

My chili is warming up on the stove, everything is in place for me to defend my title, and just because I can, I am now going to go sit on my balcony and drink a beer. In my pajama pants. And no shirt.

Greetings from Key West, guys!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• It might be only in the 20s here, but it isn't too bad so far. No snow on the ground. All we got melted Thanksgiving.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
        And today looks like a PERFECT day for a chili cookoff. It's a bit cloudy, but the day should be dry and in the mid to high seventies. And rather windy, which is not that unusual down here.

My chili is warming up on the stove, everything is in place for me to defend my title, and just because I can, I am now going to go sit on my balcony and drink a beer. In my pajama pants. And no shirt.

Greetings from Key West, guys!

It's -4 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. You are mean.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• It's reached a nice warm 30 degrees Celsius outside and I am sitting in the nice cool airconditioning
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth Eisa View Post
            It's -4 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. You are mean.
            You say this as if I don't know it.

For the latest update from your favorite tropical island resident, it is still shorts and t-shirt weather down here in Key West. I'll shortly be leisurely strolling a couple blocks to my truck, where I will probably keep the windows rolled up on the ride home to best take advantage of the air conditioning.

Yes. Air conditioning in December. It's that nice down here.

Honestly, the only time I'm truly cold is every Wednesday when I work at the toy store, as the owner keeps the magic shop portion of the toy store brutally cold. (I usually wear 2 t-shirts in there to keep warm.)

Of course, since it IS December, at some point in the next few weeks, it is likely to drop into the fifties or even forties and drive all the locals completely nuts.

But that is NOT today.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post

Yes. Air conditioning in December. It's that nice down here.
              When I was in Year 5 at school, a group of my friends once proceeded to worship the airconditioner after a 38C recess. (recess was generally around 20 minutes)

Today was a nice brisk 30C, enough for me to be slightly sweating, but OK for me to walk around in shorts and a t-shirt.

So glad I live near the coast....

Comment

• It's currently 23F here. It was below zero last night, and we have snow on the ground. This is quite the contrast from what... two weeks ago, when it was 60! I think we might see 40s this weekend and early next week, which is decent for December around here. As for the roads, the main highways are great. it's getting to the main highways that's proven to be a slippery, snowy adventure. Also, the town I work in has not a damn clue how to clear a street, I swear!

ETA: Strangely enough, I had a customer in the store tonight that said he was from Michigan, and he hadn't seen snow there yet this season. He said he feared that meant that they'd be buried in the coming weeks and months. It was odd, knowing that we have more snow than Michigan at the moment. I'm sure that will change though.
                Last edited by BrenDAnn; 12-08-2011, 08:07 AM.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                  You say this as if I don't know it.

Of course, since it IS December, at some point in the next few weeks, it is likely to drop into the fifties or even forties and drive all the locals completely nuts.

But that is NOT today.

You evil creature.

Pfffft, fifties is WARM. Fifties is practically a heat wave. Suck it up.

It is 11 degrees right now. Fucking cold. I swear, our heat in this apartment is shit.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Quoth Eisa View Post
                    You evil creature.

Pfffft, fifties is WARM. Fifties is practically a heat wave. Suck it up.

It is 11 degrees right now. Fucking cold. I swear, our heat in this apartment is shit.
                    Fifties down here would send everyone indoors panicking about the hole in the ozone layer opening over South Australia

(Hint-we measure our temp in Celsius)

Comment

• Over here, we *finally* have had a little bit of snow.

It's still not actually *cold* yet (by local standards), but that now seems to be a matter of time, specifically waiting for the sea to start freezing. At the moment, with the sea unfrozen, it keeps the temperatures from going below freezing point for miles inland.

Comment

• Yeah, it's been freezing here, too.

Damn. After that storm, it non-stop flurried from Sunday all the way through Wednesday morning. Made for shit roads, and 2 or so more inches of snow.

But thankfully, we're clean for now, and I will have enough PTO to call in if this next storm they are trying to beef up grows in intensity. This one sounds like a slick, wet mess.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Let's see now...it's nearly 40 F outside and sunny. What little snow we got earlier in the week...didn't last long. I might put up the Christmas lights, and take a certain vehicle for a spin today
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• We finally got an inch or so of snow yesterday after a couple of weeks of cold/warm/rain/freeze/wind/hail!
                            Its mostly gone again now though.
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• It's supposed to be in the mid 30's where I'll be tomorrow - in the middle of Lake of the Woods. Perfect ice fishing weather. There's no snow up there, either.
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Warm enough here, but rained all day today. I know a lot of people were looking forward to the downtown Christmas light parade here, hope it didn't get rained out.
                                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X