Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Christmas Card Exchange! Tallies are closed! Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Has anyone received cards from
    None of the rest, but I did get a card from Kara... and to be honest, I might have gotten the four that I haven't yet checked off on my list. There were a few days this month that I was unable to figure out where The Husband squirreled the mail away to, after bringing it in.

It was a lot of fun to participate, and brought opportunities to interact with people I might not have, otherwise. I hope I can do it again next year!

Comment

• 10 Days left if you still have cards to tally!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• ok scoured over the house, went through paperwork, did everything humanly possible...I have not recieved cards from them either. in fact most of my mail has been junk, business, or bills.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• I still wish I could have done it this year, but, alas, moving expenses and activities prevented it >_<

Speaking of which, do you have any idea how hard it is to transport five tons of glitter? o_O Oh well, I guess my vic-...er, I mean, recipients will just get extra glitter in their cards next time around Make sure your shop-vac's are in working order by then, boys and girls
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post

Speaking of which, do you have any idea how hard it is to transport five tons of glitter? o_O Oh well, I guess my vic-...er, I mean, recipients will just get extra glitter in their cards next time around Make sure your shop-vac's are in working order by then, boys and girls
            I think my Dyson can handle the glitter . . . it does pretty well with dog hair.

BTW, I got a card from Bandit today. YIPPEE
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
              ...how hard it is to transport five tons of glitter?
              Just blow it into the air. There'll be *plenty* wherever you go.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Got Bandit's card today. It made my mom laugh, she asked if we were starting really early this year.
                Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

• Got Bandit's today.
                  "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• I got Bandit's today, too (and his tally is up to 7!) So, um, I guess he can ignore my PM from the other day.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dunno what happened. I put them in the mail late (my bad).

I guess the mailbox finally thawed out enough.

Glad they got there.

B
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

• I too received Bandit's card today.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Sorry, guys, I don't have any of my tallies up; life got weird for a while. Gonna get 'em up now.
                          Last edited by morgana; 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• I didn't check the mail on Saturday, but there was a card from Bandit in the box.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• I'm sorry everyone. I really truly am sorry. The last few months have been non-stop for me. There is so much demanding my attention that when I get 5 minutes to myself, all I can do is take my mind of the mountain of crap I've been dealing with by tuning the world out with various distractions. And yes, I've been spending my weekends with my girlfriend because I'm safe from the world when I'm in her arms. Today, everything hit me like a freight train and I couldn't get my mind to slow down and I had a panic attack followed by the imminent breakdown that's been building for awhile now. When life started kicking my ass in November, I should have opted out of the exchange. But I was going to get my cards out no matter what. Then I'd sit down and remember, oh, I still have to do X, Y, and Z. So I'd have to deal with those. It was one thing after another and in the end I just didn't have enough me to go around.

I sincerely apologize to everyone who I let down. I am permanently removing myself from all future card exchanges and I'm probably going to step away from CS for awhile because I really fucked this up.

Dave, you will still get your package as promised.

I'm so very sorry. Until we meet again, take care of yourselves.

Goodbye for now.
                              Last edited by Kara; 02-05-2013, 03:59 AM.
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• I received Bandit's card yesterday and tallied it today. I'm 5 cards shy of a complete list:

Aethian
                                HappyFunBall
                                IDontWorkHere
                                Ironclad Alibi
                                Kara

After reading Kara's post and being sad to see her leave us for a while, I totally understand and wish you a speedy journey back to happiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X