Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was damn near 50 here one Saturday. It was below zero today. I am, to say the least, not fuckng amused. I'm also not amused at the snow we got after we just got done melting most of it away. Oh well. It was just a dusting. Now...Someone make it warm up out there...PLEASE??
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I AM NOT AMUSED MOTHER NATURE.

I had to keep my car running my WHOLE shift tonight as I FROZE MY ASS OFF.

CUrrently -10F with a wind chill of -25F.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Tomorrow's temperature down here: 31C.

Thursday's temperature: 37C
        Friday: 25C
        Saturday: 24C.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I only worked four hours yesterday (4-8PM) and my car fought me when I started it. Today for a 10 hr shift, I'm plugging her in.

Question for Fireheart, I know it's summer for you now, but does it get cold in the winter where you live?
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post

Please, I'm begging you, send that my way. It's 12F right now with windchills below zero. And I have to go to the grocery.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

It's pretty damn bad, that's for sure.

It's my annual birthday gift, a good solid three to five days of double digit below zero weather.

And the moment, the fucking MOMENT that it goes back up into the 20s...it's going to snow.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

**** Throws slush balls at Fireheart (and Jester for good measure) ********
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  Question for Fireheart, I know it's summer for you now, but does it get cold in the winter where you live?
                  Where I am, the coldest it will get is generally around 17-18C during the day.

Overnight temps can occasionally drop below 0 but usually no further than -3C.

We get rain. Lots of it.

Comment

The last few days have been chilly for us. Today, for example, it is down to 69F/21C. Brr. Even the tourists are breaking out sweatshirts and windbreakers. (No, seriously.)

But overall, I can't complain. While I had said that last winter was the mildest winter I've seen down here, this winter's been even milder. Other than a couple times when I dressed up, haven't worn long panths in months.

So throw all the snowballs you want, and curse me and Fireheart to your heart's content. Myself, I shall not be so negative, but simply leave you all with a smile...

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      It's my annual birthday gift, a good solid three to five days of double digit below zero weather.
                      And the moment, the fucking MOMENT that it goes back up into the 20s...it's going to snow.
                      Happy b-day, whenever it is, Blas!

And on the plus side, I'd rather it snowed and got it over with now while it IS this cold - it'll be light and fluffy. Monday's will be the heavy wet stuff.

Comment

Where I am, the coldest it will get is generally around 17-18C during the day.

Overnight temps can occasionally drop below 0 but usually no further than -3C.

We get rain. Lots of it.
                        Ok, that answers my question.

Well, tonight it's supposed to get down to -25F/-31.6C with wind chills approaching -40.
                        Can't wait to get home.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                          Actually, the present season in fireheart's locale is known affectionately as "Oven".
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Reminds me of a phrase I use often.

I'll be talking to someone about Phoenix or Arizona, and someone will mention the heat out there. For example, I may say that the hottest I've seen out there was 122F/50C. In the shade. And in Phoenix, we don't have any shade.

Almost invariably, someone will pipe in, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat."

To which I'll fire back, "Yeah....and technically, so's an oven."

Anyone who has lived in the desert knows that the whole "dry heat" thing is misleading if you've never lived in it. Yes, 90F is perfectly comfortable out there, the approximate equivalent of how a lovely 78F day feels to people in the Northeast or Midwest. Hell, 90F is utterly miserable here in the Keys, due to the humidity that accompanies such temps. But the thing is, in Arizona, the heat doesn't stop at 90. Or 100. Or even 110. As I've said, I've seen 122. *I* personally like the heat. But most people don't.

So, yeah...dry heat? No. Not on your life.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I go to Las Vegas in the summertime. Believe me, I know about dry heat. I also live in Minnesota in wet heat. I'd rather deal with 100 in Vegas than 100 here in Minnesota. When I was in LV last June it was 110 F. Soon as I got home to Minnesota it was 100 and humid as fuck. I was outdoors a lot in both places. I was a lot better off in 110 in LV than 100 in MN. I had to do a catering event outdoors the day after I got home from LV and in the 100 degree, and wickedly humid heat, I was in bad shape.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                                Actually, the present season in fireheart's locale is known affectionately as "Oven".
                                Oh it's not THAT hot where I am.

Out in the far north region of South Australia, temps have been known to get as high as 45-50C. Typically they're around 5-10C hotter.

Comment

Working...
                                X