This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    They've already set up a winter storm warning for us from 9 am tomorrow till midnight Monday morning. Apparently 6+ inches of ice/slush/snow.

F U C K.
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    /points and laughs at blas.

2 to 4 inches here. And I don't have to work. Or shovel. I have fixings for homemade pizza.
    No fun Blas.

But we are still expected to get snow/sleet/rain/freezing rain/fog AND I gotta work on top of it.

FUN DRIVING for me.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Jester, is there any truth to the rumour that in Key West, sometimes it's so humid you can't make a dry martini?
      Nope. No truth to that at all.

Quoth Company_Slave View Post
      My apartment complex does a crummy job on the lots and sidewalks and won't touch front stoops.
      My lease actually has a clause that says residents are responsible for any and all snow removal from their premises.

Coldest recorded temperature in Key West history is 41F.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I never should have complained so much about how they didn't do such a good job at my apartment removing snow.

Because my dad is way, way worse.

Thank God for high heeled boots.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Anyone got a pair of ice skates I could borrow? Mother Nature decided to be an icy bitch today here in Iowa. Of course, that just means that I got to see a wonderful (note the sarcasm) production of Dumbasses on Ice. Well... One dumbass, and a bunch of whiny idiots anyway. The one dumbass? He decided it was a good idea to bury his foot in the gas pedal on a very, very ice-covered road in an attempt to whip out and around our lot. Mother Nature decided otherwise, as his truck nearly did a complete turn and slid dangerously close to the curb and buildings on the opposite side of the road. Like I said... Dumbasses on Ice. Disney has nothin' on it!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Ugh, we're dealing with yet another winter weather advisory from 9 tonight until 9 in the morning. 50% chance of freezing rain.

As if the light dusting of snow on Friday followed by almost half an inch of sleet/ice wasn't bad enough. At least what was on the ground Friday afternoon has melted away (temps reached the 40's.) But Friday was absolute brutal (temps only in the mid 20's - before the wind chill.)

I want summer back.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

THUNDERSNOW!

That is all.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I rode my bike into town today, and it was very blustery. I almost had to put my sweatshirt on.

Almost.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, I had a gift certificate for a nail salon that I was going to use today, because it was a bday gift last week and I've just been such a silly hotdog lately being lazy on my days off.

Anyway, my bf lives 8 miles from where I used to live, that makes it about a 20some minute drive from my house, the mall is by where I used to live, so I figured I'd go right to the mall at opening, get out by the time the shitstorm started (it was forecasted to do so around noon) and be home before it got real bad.

Well, I ended up getting sidetracked by some shopping and got out of there as the real heavy fluffy wet shit was coming down....thankfully taking highway all the way home worked in my favor and people were actually being careful for once, and I made it home without incident.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    THUNDERSNOW!

That is all.
                    same up here. nice lighting show for about 30 minutes.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      same up here. nice lighting show for about 30 minutes.
                      Not up here on the border though, sadly. One of my favorite meteorological events.

@Blas - glad those around you drove decently. Makes a nice change of pace, doesn't it?

@Jester - sounds almost like you're failing to see the suck!

Comment

• OK, who decided to punish me today?

We had 2 short bursts of rain today down my way and the temperature was around 25C.

*fistshakies*
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• No punishment for me today. We did get a very tiny amount of freezing rain/sleet, bet it changed to snow fast. High today is supposed to be 34, and I'm able to shut off the heat in my apartment - it's too hot in here.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
                            @Jester - sounds almost like you're failing to see the suck!
                            Oh, I totally see the suck. Which is why I live nowhere near it, geographically or climatically.

But as I've told my Sun Belt brethren in the past, it is not only our right to make fun of people who live in the cold northlands, it is our duty to do so.

I just can't help myself. In some ways, I guess I AM the suck.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• So far this morning, my start time for work has been changed from 4 t o8, then to "9 or 9:30" as my boss put it. It's foggy and icy and I really, really, really don't want to drive in it. Of course, boss did say to take my time and if I'm not comfortable, go back home. Um. Can I just not leave, instead? I hate ice!

ETA: Jester, we love you, really. Just some of us want to bury you in snow or ice or something. That's all. But we love you. Seriously. (Yes, I'm aware how psychotic that sounded haha!)
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• I woke up around 11am and went to the bathroom only to find it snowing outside my window. Not cool. But then it just turned to rain and now there's no snow to be found anywhere. Hopefully it warms up tomorrow.
                                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                                X