Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 is definitely not an option. At this point, a no contact order may not be good enough and I may need a PPO. Since my last post, things have gotten much worse. He broke the no contact order by calling me from a different number, threatened to come back to the house, and possibly drugged his mother. I'm going to the damned courtroom to testify. Now I just need to figure out how to contact the landlord to switch the condo to my name only and how to afford the place.

Comment

Quoth DataHound View Post
      I'm going to the damned courtroom to testify.
      Good. You've got a realistic view of the situation. Talk to the judge, the judge should hand down option 2 or 3 to him.

If you really want to stay in your house, change all the locks, get window locks and other safety reinforcements. It would probably be preferable for you to move, though, but that's your choice.

I wish you the best of luck. We're all hoping for the best for you here.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If you're under a lease for the condo you have a very good reason to break that lease. I seriously recommend just getting the hell out of there and go someplace he can hopefully not find you easily. Affording the place becomes a moot point. If your landlord balks at letting you out of a lease, walk anyway. It is not worth your safety or your life to remain there.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
          I seriously recommend just getting the hell out of there and go someplace he can hopefully not find you easily.
          Agreed.
          Addicts are major people users. Their priorities revolve around their next high and the effect on others is a minor consideration.
          Get out of this relation ASAP.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Is there a women's shelter in your town? A safe house, where people subjected to domestic abuse can go? If so CALL THEM NOW. They will instruct you on the fastest way to get the hell out of there if you need to. Don't go to friends or relatives' homes unless this guy does not know they exist.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good advice. Don't stay in this relationship. Help him get some professional help by going to court.
              Read this thread if you want to see how it can end if you forgive and stay. You have been abused, even if he didn't hit you. Don't think the spiral will go up at any point.

Comment

I was abused between the ages of 5 to 24 by my step father, he never touched me in anyway. He didn't have to... I am still dealing with the emotional abuse I suffered now at age 39.

Abuse isn't just hitting people, it's cutting you off from people, telling you that you are worthless, asking to do things you are uncomfortable doing, being a lovely person for a bit and then pulling all that away and shouting at you for doing it all wrong. These are just examples from what I suffered.
                Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Regarding testimony -- Considering the distinct possibility that being in the same room with him may make you rather nervous, to say the least, consider doing it as a detailed Deposition, instead. You would (normally) be under oath, and questioned about the circumstances in question, but, without him being there. Just you and the lawyers. You may feel more comfortable -- and safer -- in that situation, and the lawyers know this; thus, they would probably not be surprised if you request this. They can still call you in to testify in person regardless, but you will have your Depo testimony down on paper first. Note that, in this case, they will be able to re-ask questions you already answered in the Depo, to make sure that your answers in both situations are the same.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                  X