Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they know he's gone! They came back on Sunday, found his note explaining why he left and his dad called him up and started shouting at him for leaving and demanding to know where he was. My fiance wouldn't tell him and his dad cut the call off. Then he went to the doctor's on Monday and was put on anti-depressants because of all this. Joy.

Comment

Miss Stress I know your last post might sound like a bad thing, but it's actually an improvement in my mind. Your fiancee stood up to his father and didn't give away his location so he showed his father he has a backbone and won't be trampled.
      The anti depressants will help to steady his moods so he is better able to cope with what is happening. It's the first "good" update so far.
      Stay strong. Im sorry this is happening.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
        Joy.
        It should be. At least the beginning of it.

Seriously.

Comment

Well, they know he's gone! They came back on Sunday, found his note explaining why he left and his dad called him up and started shouting at him for leaving and demanding to know where he was. My fiance wouldn't tell him and his dad cut the call off. Then he went to the doctor's on Monday and was put on anti-depressants because of all this. Joy.
          So, effectively it was, "How dare you not be here to be a punching bag? Why aren't you coming back?"

That's a whole new level of lacking awareness.

Wanker.

Rapscallion

Comment

Serves the father and that bitch right! I'm glad your fiance got outta that toxic dump and didn't tell father and the bitch where he was. It's just the beginning, but it'll get better.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

A message to Dad and Harpy: Fuck you both.

That is all.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I just caught up...wow.

Jester, as usual your advice was blunt and spot on.

Miss Stress, your last update does sound like an improvement. I wish you and fiance the best. Stick to your guns.

Comment

O_O

By any chance, might your fiance or his Mom own a small, pocket digital or tape data recorder? Having such a thing in Record mode any time they are around his Dad or NewPartner, either live or on the phone (if legally permitted), might be a good idea. If NP's threats had been caught that way, it could go a long way towards proving any theoretical case against her.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    O_O

By any chance, might your fiance or his Mom own a small, pocket digital or tape data recorder? Having such a thing in Record mode any time they are around his Dad or NewPartner, either live or on the phone (if legally permitted), might be a good idea. If NP's threats had been caught that way, it could go a long way towards proving any theoretical case against her.
                    Be very careful about this. Check your state laws. In some states (Maryland for example) it is illegal to record some one without their consent.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                      Be very careful about this. Check your state laws. In some states (Maryland for example) it is illegal to record some one without their consent.
                      Aye. Hence my "if legally permitted" caveat. I know better to discuss the laws themselves here ^_^ tho if it is allowed, it could come in handy.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's fine to state what the laws are. When it's what the laws should be, that's fratching

Miss Stress is in the UK and I think both parties need to consent over here, but I could easily be wrong.

Rapscallion

Comment

**MASSIVE UPDATE**

We've just had a phone call off my fiance's mother. She went to the house where my fiance used to live to post some legal documents through the letter box. When she drove away, his dad's fiance's daughters followed her to her friend's house, and proceeded to shout abuse at her and scream at her in the street. All the street heard, including the friend's three disabled children. It became so bad that my fiance's mum's friend had to drag her inside for her own protection, and she stayed there most of the night out of fear for her safety. My fiance is fuming, and begging her to go to the police as I write this.

Comment

When she drove away, his dad's fiance's daughters followed her to her friend's house, and proceeded to shout abuse at her and scream at her in the street. All the street heard, including the friend's three disabled children. It became so bad that my fiance's mum's friend had to drag her inside for her own protection, and she stayed there most of the night out of fear for her safety. My fiance is fuming, and begging her to go to the police as I write this.
                            Oh what lovely, well-behaved, classy women those 'daughters' are.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Were I fiance's mom's friend, I would be calling the police myself. In fact, I did so the one time my roommate's son's drug-addled bitch ex-girlfriend showed up on my roommate's sidewalk to yell.

In addition to calling the police, FM and her friend need to talk to the neighbors about witness statements. And a restraining order to keep these . . . people . . . off friend's doorstep.

And FM might want to consider having a legal-delivery company make drop-offs like that from now on. The sort of folks who deliver summonses and that sort of thing.

Yeah, such a class act the Dad, the Harpy, and the Harpy's family have become. The gene-pool needs more chlorine.

Comment

It became so bad that my fiance's mum's friend had to drag her inside for her own protection, and she stayed there most of the night out of fear for her safety. My fiance is fuming, and begging her to go to the police as I write this.
                                The friend should have called the police right then and there. Not only for the disturbance of the peace, but because of the fact that Fiance's Mom was fearing for her safety, which tells me the daughters were probably threatening physical action against her.

Quoth morgana View Post
                                The gene-pool needs more chlorine.
                                In this case, I was thinking more along the lines of sulfuric acid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X