Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a customer a month or so ago who had tattoos from head to toe almost. He was TATTOOED. His name was Scary Guy. No joke. He had it legally changed. It was funny listening to him call into customer care. They asked for his name, of course.

"Scary Guy....no, SCARY GUY. First name Scary, last name Guy.....look at my account....seriously...."

He has a company that works with handicapped and underprivileged kids and the sort. Has done a LOT of charity work around KC. He also gets a lot of crap for his name, I guess!
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

I was at the wedding of Aaron & Erin Aronson.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Here's the right thread! We ust had Charlie Brown in my store!
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
          We had a customer a month or so ago who had tattoos from head to toe almost. He was TATTOOED. His name was Scary Guy. No joke. He had it legally changed.

PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
          My pop is good friends with Scary. He is the nicest man you will ever meet!!!!!! He travels the world and talks to kids about the importance of being nice to people, no matter what they look like. Click here to check out his website - Clicky

Scary and I have the same tattoo artist as well . . . his name is Chet Duvenci - pronounced just like Leonardo Di Vinci's last name. I found that quite appropriate for a tattoo artist! Here's his shop's website for those of you around KC that are looking for a tattoo artist - Clicky #2

Phoenix
          Last edited by Ree; 04-23-2007, 02:23 AM.
          "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
          "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Jennifer Cockream
            Carol Carole
            Fangfang He
            Donald Groseclose
            Rhett Butler
            Destiny and her sister Patience
            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

That reminds me of my chemistry teacher... Lester Gross... Les Gross. Which I suppose is better than being Mora Gross or somesuch.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Had one yesterday that really had me chuckling: Duk Bum

I don't know why but I found it to be the funniest thing.

Comment

French Leach

Charles Dickens
                  "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

A teacher at my school is named "Joe Blow"

Comment

I has one today: Rich Wiener
                      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Two of the funniest names I have come across:

1) Buttephuck
                        2) Shitte

I couldn't even use their last names so I just said you have a nice day. On top of it all my manager was looking right at me and I couldn't look at him because I KNEW I would start laughing. As soon as the customers left (close to being back to back) I started to laugh hysterically...my manager did as well.
                        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Couple from my family:

John Anglin
                          Clarence Anglin

Two brothers, and I think third or fourth cousins of mine. Ok, I know the names aren't that strange, but they are notorious. These two died trying to escape from Alcatraz.

Strange names:

One from my grandmother:

Harry Hand.

This guy was a principle that my grandmother taught under. She didn't like the guy, because she quote "Felt the name was tasteless on the part of his mother."

Daisy Wrenn.

Ok, this one isn't strange, it's actually kinda nice. It's my grandmother's name. Still, the name Daisy isn't common now, may have been in the sixties, but when you figure my grandmother was born in the 1900's? (teens to be exact. 1915 I think).

Side note:

My grandmother taught school for some 47 years. When she turned 90, she received a letter from the Gov. of Kentucky (whom she had taught) congratulating her. As she read the letter, my grandmother got a bit upset. Looking over, my dad asked her what was wrong, and she said with perfect indignation. "Why I don't fell a day over seventy five!"
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

I was thinking about this thread while working the other day at the New Job, and it occurred to me that at this bar, we have had some strange last names. Or at least strange for them all to be together. Such as Short, Head, Gold (and Brown), and Burgher.

Also, two GUYS that I've worked with there have the last names of Stacy and Gurley.

Kind of an unusual confluence of such things, I thought.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Also, two GUYS that I've worked with there have the last names of Stacy and Gurley.
                              In a strange co-incidence, a few years ago, it seemed like every woman I went out with had a last name that sounded like a male first name. As I have an annoying tendency call the people I care about by their last names, I was heard saying,

"Kenny is a babe and a half."

"Thomas looks great in a bikini."

"Norman's coming over for a romantic dinner."

"I broke up with Morris last night."

There was one other, who I can't remember. My best friend and former number 1, who's name ended in -man, said, "Paging Dr. Freud."
                              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                                Couple from my family:

John Anglin
                                Clarence Anglin

Two brothers, and I think third or fourth cousins of mine. Ok, I know the names aren't that strange, but they are notorious. These two died trying to escape from Alcatraz.
                                To clarify, are you saying your cousins had the same name as these Alcatraz escapees, or your cousins were the escapees?
                                That was a little hard to follow.

Was it ever confirmed that they actually died? I know it was assumed, but I thought the bodies were never found. Or am I mistaken?
                                Just curious.
                                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X