Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to school with a Jonathan Johnson. His brother's name was Don. One year our teacher giving us directions to fill out used John Johnson as an example. Then he read the role call and was suprised to find out he had one in his class.
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

There's a teacher who often ordered on his school's institutional account at Store2; he taught history. His name was James Buchanan.

Jester, my mom's church has a circle called the Dorcus Circle. I always thought it was funny when I was a kid. (ok, still kinda do..)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
        I went to school with a Jonathan Johnson. His brother's name was Don. One year our teacher giving us directions to fill out used John Johnson as an example. Then he read the role call and was suprised to find out he had one in his class.
        Now I've got an ancient ditty floating though my head, one that made an appearance in a Kurt Vonnegut (RIP) book... Slaughterhouse Five, if I recall...

My name is Yon Yonson
        I come from Wisconsin
        I work as a lumberjack there
        The people I meet
        When I walk down the street
        They ask me my name and I say...

My name is Yon Yonson
        I come from Wisconsin...
        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Here's one I've always liked... Rhino Wolf. I know it well... he was my grandfather. Rhino John Wolf.
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

I once got a request for a Charles Doom. And he was a reverand.
            The Reverand Doom!
            That actually inspired me to write a song about that!

Comment

Many moons ago when I worked for a vitamin company, one of our female customers had the name Annis Titus. None of us knew how the name was actually pronounced but you can probably imagine how we chose to pronounce it (think "firm bottom" ).
              I'm not messy, I'm artistic!

Comment

one of our superior court judges in this district is named

Gay Dykes

Back in 95, I got a minor league card for this guy:

Wonderful Terrific Monds.

Don't belive me? Here's a link to his history.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...onderful_Monds

I love how he got his name...

Here's a list of other cool names.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bu...ory:Cool_Names
                Last edited by repsac; 04-17-2007, 04:15 AM. Reason: added one more.
                Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Baseball names

The Cubs have called up Felix Pie. The headline writers are dancing.

Even though it's pronounced Pee Yay.

HE will be in the lineup with Theriot who we call The Riot although it's pronounced Terry Oh.

Chances are one day he'll share the same outfield with Theriot and Pagan.

Comment

I think I mentioned before I had a caller whose last name was Frankenstein.

I also once had a caller named Thomas Jefferson. He seemed pretty nice so I said to him "And could you please verify your address, Mr. President?" He thought it was hilarious and we had a really nice laugh and it turned into a great call.

My husband's company does business with a company owned by a woman named Mary Jane Puffer.
                    "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Teniola Olatomide Osundeko
                      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

A Korean gentleman named:

Kum Suk Wang

I kid you not, but I can't say where it's from (for fear of violating privacy laws.)
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I once waited on a girl named Merry Christmas, you just gotta wonder. Did her parents stick her with that name or did she have it legally changed? It was on her credit card and driver's license.
                          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

There's always NHL player Miroslav Satan... I can imagine him calling...

Me (looking at account on screen): Who could this be calling? Who could it be... who could it be. Could it be SATAN?
                            Him: That's SHA-tahn.
                            Me: Well, isn't that special... Mr. SATAN!

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                              There's always NHL player Miroslav Satan... I can imagine him calling...

Me (looking at account on screen): Who could this be calling? Who could it be... who could it be. Could it be SATAN?
                              Him: That's SHA-tahn.
                              Me: Well, isn't that special... Mr. SATAN!
                              I was just about to mention this one!

There was also Steve Heinze who wore Number 57.

You can always find some good ones in sports.

Mookie Blaylock is another.

I had a guy call into my call center today who name was Dan Fouts. I nearly asked "are you THE Dan Fouts?" (Fouts is a former NFL player) but I noticed the birthdate on his account was too recent to be him, so it was a different guy with the same name. I had another one like that but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

My friend worked with a guy called Richard Head.

Comment

Not really a funny name but it just sounds like a stereotype name.

Vito Anthony. Sounds like a mafia don name that I started doing mafia voices at work.

These aren't personal names for people but more or less company names I've found on the signs at Bank Row.

Larry, Moe, and Curly.

KGB Partners.
                                Last edited by ArenaBoy; 04-18-2007, 02:48 AM.
                                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                                X