This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
    In high school I was a womanizer. Yeah sure just because I'm friends with girls and some of whom I've known since elementary school makes a lot of sense.
    People thought of me that way too! I've always had plenty of female friends...not sure why. Er, actually I *do* know why--I didn't treat them like shit, nor did I spend every minute of every day hitting on them. Of course the fact that I'd known most of them for years helps a bit too

Then there are the office rumors. The best had to be that I'd supposedly scored with all of the female interns. Not sure how that one got started...but I think it got started simply because I got along with them, namely "Rhonda," pretty well. She was very sweet...and damn hot too boot Nothing ever happened between us though , mainly because I didn't think it was appropriate--at the time, I outranked her. Even so, it didn't stop us from picking on each other. The icing on the cake, was driving her home after a company dinner. Things only got worse after she left, and "Sara" and "Bonnie" started working with us. More of the same. Not so much with Sara, but Bonnie would pick on me constantly, and I'd return the favor. Too bad nothing could have happened though
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Protege, allow me to explain....

Some guys naturally make better friends with girls. These girls actually stay their FRIENDS, they don't have sex with them and they don't date. It's strictly friends. HOWEVER, a lot of guys have a posse of several girls that they simultaneously sleep around with and just refer to them as "friends" when they meet girls. It's sometimes very hard to give a guy the benefit of the doubt when he says that he has a lot of girl friends because he doesn't get along with guys.

Mis, I wasn't trying to be offensive, as I know you married an older guy, and it probably wasn't mature of me to go along with the joke at work, considering I get riled up anytime someone picks on me or my friends, but this girl is younger than me, hasn't even experienced life yet, and she refuses to date anyone even in their 20s.....and then she wonders why all these older men flock her and why she feels so "used". I know a lot of older men can treat a woman like a princess, but when you are seeking the wrong type of older men (and I know you all know what I mean when I say the wrong type of older men), what happens to her is always the result.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Protege, allow me to explain....

Some guys naturally make better friends with girls. These girls actually stay their FRIENDS, they don't have sex with them and they don't date. It's strictly friends. HOWEVER, a lot of guys have a posse of several girls that they simultaneously sleep around with and just refer to them as "friends" when they meet girls. It's sometimes very hard to give a guy the benefit of the doubt when he says that he has a lot of girl friends because he doesn't get along with guys.
        That's pretty much how it was. There was one girl, "Karen," my best friend then, who unfortunately I don't see anymore. We simply lost touch after high school. Too bad But seriously, nothing was going on between us, even though we did like each other a lot. We went out a few times, including to the Billy Joel concert that year. Had a great time, but it did feel a bit "odd." Didn't stop the rumors flying around. Quite a few people couldn't handle the concept of "just good friends" and had to be pricks about it. That was, until she went to the prom with someone else--the comments stopped right after that

It's not that I don't "get along" with guys...I think it's mainly because the ladies don't feel like threatened around me, or that I'm going to try something. Plus, I always treat them with respect...which goes a *long* way. Trust me on that one
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

In High School, I was a wiccan, a pagan, a buddhist, a taoist, and several different flavors of christian. All depending on who you asked. Supprisingly, few people were actually mean about it. They would just ask about different religions and assume I was speaking from experience when I gave my answers.

It's especially funny considering I'm more of a Deist than anything else. I just find religions fascinating in the same way some people enjoy sports.

At work, religion never comes up because it's assumed that everyone here is some brand of protestant. Except for that one Jewish guy. And the Mexican family (that runs the Mexican restaurant) is Catholic. It's a rather small town.

On other rumor fronts; Apparently I know what I'm talking about when I give relationship advice, and I'm just being modest when I preface any advice I do give with "Just to warn you, I have no idea what I'm talking about or if any of this will actually help."

Also, I'm "not the type of guy who would ever get a tattoo." Which is hilarious because half my back is one big picture. And I mean half my back. Everything to the left of my spine from an inch or so below my collar to right above my belt.
          Flood

Comment

Let's see, in high school I was at various times:
            • A drug user who used everything from pot to mushrooms to heroin. I honestly don't know how this got started, but I suspect it was because I didn't talk much and can seem to be "out of it" at times. During this time I gained the nickname "Stony"
            • Gay, because I didn't believe in hooking up with girls just to be hooked up with one.
            • Sexually-transmitted diseased, because I briefly dated a girl who had a reputation. It went no further than kissing, honestly.

At work I was supposedly sleeping with two female co-workers at the same time. I had been dating one and was just good friends with the other.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              You're a GM parts man. Isn't being a NASCAR enthusiast a job requirement?
              One would think so, with some of the comments I've gotten from customers when I say I don't watch Nascrap.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              My GM- parts-man ex-husband had a NASCAR room in our house. LOL
              You have my deepest sympathies.
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                My father told me I was the trophy wife.
                As any competitor can tell you trophies are ment to be kept.

My immediate family jokes that my aunt was one also. This despite her being in her 40's at the time of the marriage, and him being less than 10 years older.
                I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                  P.S. Gravekeeper, you know we love you for your twisted sense of humor, not your hawtness.
                  Trust me... his wicked wit is incredibly "hawt."

As for rumors, nobody has ever told me any that were about me. I feel all depressed.

I think the closest I can get is that the girls at my high school who had a thing for fighting all thought I was a tough girl who would kick their asses. My brother loved that one because we both know that I'm extremely non-confrontational and non-physical.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    [*]Gay, because I didn't believe in hooking up with girls just to be hooked up with one.

Heh, that reminded me of how my best friend's mom decided the reason he wasn't popular with the ladies was because he was always hanging out with me so people must think we're gay.

Which is kind of odd considering the majority of my friends in high school were females. I used to always tell them I was there best girlfriend only with different plumbing. Yes, I was the guy who's shoulder would be cried on when Butch McSportsJock would treat their girlfriends like crap. I wish I had a dime for every time I heard "Why can't I meet someone who's nice like you?"

But yeah, because I was quiet and didn't play on any sports teams that meant that I must be secretly into some man lovin'.
                    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

In School:

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post

In high school I was a womanizer. Yeah sure just because I'm friends with girls and some of whom I've known since elementary school makes a lot of sense.
                      Quoth protege View Post
                      People thought of me that way too! I've always had plenty of female friends...not sure why. Er, actually I *do* know why--I didn't treat them like shit, nor did I spend every minute of every day hitting on them. Of course the fact that I'd known most of them for years helps a bit too
                      That was me also.

In Middle School;
                      1. Lets see, there was some stating I was gay. Apparently, I cannot walk home with a buddy.
                      2. I had sex with animals. Yeah I have cats and dogs. That does not mean I am sleeping with them.

In high School;
                      1. There was some about me striking out with every girl. That is why, I always had a few follow me and flirt with me.
                      2. That Columbine shooting, was started because of me. Nope, wrong guy on that one.
                      3. I was sleeping with this one female teacher. I had to stay after class once, to ask about the homework.
                      4. I was in a gang. I was friends with members of gangs. That was it
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

WTF is it about working and the whole "you must be a lesbian" if you don't sleep with your male co-workers.

When I'm work, I'm there to, like, work and stuff.

Not to mention the rumors that start up when some bigmouth relative shares with coworkers that you collect many different forms of weaponry, including whips. ><
                        The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
                        If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth aniwahya View Post
                          WTF is it about working and the whole "you must be a lesbian" if you don't sleep with your male co-workers.
                          Yay! I'm a lesbian!

Rapscallion, relieved

Comment

Bonus points if the male coworkers you refuse to sleep with are crackheads with a total of 4 rotten teeth in their whole mouth. ^^
                            The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
                            If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                              Yes, I was the guy who's shoulder would be cried on when Butch McSportsJock would treat their girlfriends like crap. I wish I had a dime for every time I heard "Why can't I meet someone who's nice like you?"
                              Off topic

A conversation I once had with a good female friend of mine in high school.

FF: I getting annoyed by the idiots I meet, I mean for crying out loud I- *I cut her off*

Me: Because all they use is a freaking facade and you're under the idea that popular guy equals a good person. It doesn't equal anything. A lot of the nice guys either keep to themselves or are too shy to say anything. Ditch the sports idiots sooner and you'll thank yourself because in some other state there's this exact conversation going on and a lot of us so called nice guys are sick of it.

FTR, I was a athlete myself but I could not stand the football, baseball, or basketball team. I thought the majority of them were idiots.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I want my rumor

I've started working out and I've got contact lenses last weekend. Obviously there's a woman involved.

And now, people are asking me who she is. Gee... there's a person at work who,

a) where you see me, you see her
                                b) Have been spotted together outside of work
                                c) happily announce to anyone who will listen that we're going to dinner, or to a baseball game after work.

And, yet.... no one has even thought to pair us off.

I keep getting asked, "Does she work here?" "Have you known her long?" "Did you meet her on the internet?"

Tomorrow, I'm going to work and ask if I can be the trainer for "how to start a good rumor."
                                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                                X