X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth powerboy View Post
    Frank Shamrock
    I'm best friends with his son, actually. They're a great family, fantastic bunch of people.
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I once worked relief reception for a movie/television producing company. Not too many sightings, more phone calls, but I did get to meet Graham Kerr and Simon McCorkindale!

Fun times - Simon was really very friendly and drop-dead good looking. Graham was a very nice gentleman - this was definitely after he'd dried out, though.
      No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Mostly IT types. Larry Ellison of Oracle, and Shai Agassi, formerly of SAP and now a green entrepreneur. I used to have the home phone number of John Chambers, President of Cisco Systems.

Some of the attorneys saw Steve Jobs having lunch by our office one day.

Outside of work: my dog jumped on the former Lieutenant Governor of my lovely state of California.

One of the attorneys I support used to live in Pacific Palisades, where a lot of celebrities live. She confirmed that most of them are way shorter and not nearly as good looking in person.

Lots of people at cons: Joss Whedon, Adam Baldwin, Amber Benson and Danny Strong within physical reach, not during signings (no, I didn't touch; I didn't want to get kicked out; yes, I'm a Whedonite). Lou Ferrigno. Peter Mayhew. David Hedison of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (he really does look fantastic, better than this picture: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm836213248/nm0373314 ), Jasika Nicole, who plays Astrid on Fringe; she is adorably cute. For the guys and certain girls: Aria Giovanni, who really looks that good in person. I've seen several Playmates and Pets at cons and they usually look pretty bad in person. My husband actually cringed back when he saw one Playmate up close.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
          and said he's as funny as his brother.

That's a shame because Tim Allen isn't funny...

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

Whatever you say.
            Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
              Chris Eccleston, Billie Piper and John Barrowman. (if you watch the Dr Who episode where he takes the Slitheen woman out for a final meal in Cardiff, there is a Boggles lurking in the background!)
              I envy you, Boggles. I really, really do.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

Back in the day, his stand up act was great. His acting, however, is mediocre at best.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I suppose if Jim Douglas showed up in the news as much as Howard Dean that he would count as a celebrity.

But unfortunately the Vermont State governer is the only person I would define as a celebrity passing through my store.

Comment

Erich "Mancow" Mueller (radio shock jock)
                    Mancow has a first name?

I almost met him. I went into the Virginia Beach bookstore (borders i think) and there were cop cars and crowds there... I think it was Mancow doing a book signing. At the time I wasn't listening to his show though

(but... i don't really think of him as 'shock' since he's very adamant about obeying the FCC regs on language)

Comment

Kinda work related. The wife of the former owner of my company died a few years ago and my wife and I attended the memorial service.

Also in attendance were Cal Ripken, Jr. and his wife, as well as B.J. Surhoff and his wife.

The former owner used to own a house next door to the Ripken (current owner now owns said house) and current owner's good friend is Mr. Surhoff.

Never spoke to either since it was a funeral and all.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
                        A local athlete comes into my shop regularly. He's very nice and very quiet. Not much to say. I think he tries to avoid a lot of attention and I try to avoid calling attention to him. I also try not to ask him about his sport, since I figure he doesn't need the coffee wench bugging him about his job.

The funny thing is when I see him on commercials looking all intense and dramatic...I have to laugh to myself a little, because it's so different than the impression he gives in person.

I had to look to make sure it wasn't me posting. We get a few hockey and football players that come through our place. One of them drives a VERY recongizeable car, and all the girls fight over who's going to serve him. He went to school at our local high school and was a Junior? my Freshman year, he was a real jerk.

My friends and I go to open practices a lot to watch the other players, he visibly cringes when he sees anyone wearing their senior hoodie from our school, and he isn't too sure of what to make of us since we usually yell from the back of a crowd that he drives like a grandma in his tank.

Comment

Richard Dreyfuss came in and looked at the sci-fi section a long time ago. He was really nice! Also Gedde Watanabe (the guy who played Long Duck Dong) came in, but my CW was here not me. I probably wouldn't have recognized him anyway... Also, my CW met Victor Villasenor and said he was a jerk because we didn't have any of his books in stock. Weird...

Yeah, we're not that exciting of a location

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          i got a reply twitter from Neil Gaiman a few days ago if that counts.
                          AWESOME
                          (i think it counts )
                          !
                          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post

Chris Ecclestone, Billie Piper and John Barrowman. (if you watch the Dr Who episode where he takes the Sliveen woman out for a final meal in Cardiff, there is a Boggles lurking in the background!)
                            OMG Boggles! I almost hate you! I am a HUGE Dr Who fan!!! But its Eccleston, and they are the Slitheen :P

I LOVE the fourth and fifth Doctors and i absolutely ADORE David Tennant! I've seen just about EVERY episode, I own a TARDIS and a Dalek my dad built, i have a Sonic Screwdriver, "psychic" paper, and I confuse my friends and co-workers when I talk about the show!
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Here's an old tale from early in my musical career. This happened maybe fifteen or twenty years ago.

Back then I didn't have a regular quartet (I'm a violinist, in case you forgot), but there were one or two quartets in the area who would call me to fill in if one of their regulars couldn't make it.

So I got a call to fill in at a gig playing for a big banquet in honor of someone or other. They didn't tell me who it was for, just said where and when to show up. So I didn't know until I got there that I was going to be playing for former president Gerald Ford!

As I recall, it was one of the best paying gigs I ever had, and as we were leaving, Mr. Ford came over and said he enjoyed our playing and shook all our hands.

There have been others, but that one stands out.
                              "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                              "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                              --Dilbert

Comment

Back when I worked at the rental car place, I rented a car to Patrick Swazy and his wife. He was pretty much silent, and she was a bitch.

I also rented a Jeep Cherokee to Joe Walsh's Manager. Joe and his crew were in Denver to do a radio show for a week and needed something to carry them all around. I heard it was completely trashed when they brought it back.

Eric the Grey
                                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                                X