Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcia Cross was born and raised here, and I see her mother nearly every day at my store. (Her sister almost married my uncle, so that was pretty neat) And the author of "Wicked" lives here too.

Comment

Had the drummer from Staind come in once, and a popular local weatherman was a regular before his death a few years ago, but that's about it.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        Golen Cipel
        I know who that is.

Quoth draggar View Post
        A few months after I moved to Florida one of the techs I worked with emailed me to let me know that Jason Mewes (Jay from Jay and Silent Bob) stole a phone from them.
        When he was on drugs, right?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One of our local TV anchors used to frequent my old store.

The coolest though.....

Handsome Dan.....the Yale University bulldog.....there was noone in the store at teh time, so we let the pooch in.

It was pretty neat...but that was one ugly dog haha
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Karl Malone & Larry Miller (Utah Jazz - NBA) - installing security systems.
            David LaFlamme (violin - It's A Beautiful Day) - schlepping a pair of Klipschorn speakers my boss bought. (the speakers are damn near the size of a classic VW Beetle!)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I once took a call from Peter Garrett (the singer from Midnight Oil, now the Minister for environment or something like that - I don't understand politics ) and he was a bastard.

Comment

Woohoo
                Another reply from Neil Gaiman on Twitter.

however I'm going to go to hell now too - for sending him this link http://bit.ly/pvIto
                but he was looking for the most perfect pop song...

yes i did that to neil gaiman...
                Last edited by PepperElf; 04-25-2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I lead a very sheltered life, apparently... Either that, or famous people don't stay in Motel Hell. Go figure.

Out of all that time I spent working at a hotel, I only got to see Dennis Kucinich -- and clean up the aftermath of one of his staffers having her period in the bed, and then I got to see my boss tell a North Carolina gubernatorial candidate that she was going to vote, most definitely, but she was not going to be voting for him.

Other than that, John Denver once stayed at one of the other properties we own, and other than that, I got nothing.
                  Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Tripple H.

I don't even watch wrestling but the store went nuts.

He seemed nice enough. He autographed an action figure of himself for one of the employees.

Comment

Omar Bacon former NFL player was my boss when I was a security guard. He was a funny guy and a good boss. He was also a complete gooey-sweetheart to his wife, which made me giggle cuz he could be a bit of a hard ass at work.

Anthony Hopkins was shooting a film at the motel next door to the first burger joint I worked at. I got to meet him, he was very nice. And short. Although some stupid lady asked him to "do that thing from Silence of the Lambs" and he did his best not to give her the death glare, then did it for her amusement.

Also had a NBA player's family call in to ask if anyone had reported seeing their dog, as it had run away. That was a few days ago, so I can't give details on that one.

Less exciting, and mildly funny, had a woman call in to make a rather mundane report. She shared a name with a famous and very attractive super model, but I'm quite certain that it was not this model. Seeing as she sounded elderly.
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I didn't see him. Hardly anybody did but we had Michael Jackson here a while back. I understand from our Security people that it was surreal.

He was here for a photo shoot and took an elevator to the proper floor. One of our guards was manning the elevator but was forbidden to look at Whacko Jacko.
                        Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Evander Holifeild's ex- wife (and one of his kids) board their dog at the kennel.
                          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            Woohoo
                            Another reply from Neil Gaiman on Twitter.
                            I totally flipped out when he responded to one of my Tweets. I'm such a geek. But seriously, he's awesome on Twitter.

Also, Wendilynnmakeup on Twitter, who does the makeup for Heroes, is very sweet, and pretty good about responding to people when she can.
                            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I've seen Alice Cooper and Steve Nash on multiple occasions and both of them were pretty nice guys. I also served Jennifer Tilly who seemed hyper but she was still polite and friendly.

Also one of my managers met Charles Barkley before at the last theater she worked at and said he was a really nice guy. Usually he would come in buy a large popcorn and chat with the staff and ask how they were doing.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
                                One of our guards was manning the elevator but was forbidden to look at Whacko Jacko.

ahahahahaha! That's nuts. The guard couldn't look at him? What would happen to him? Would he melt?

Comment

Working...
                                X