Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few local meteorologists popped in to buy the odd item. All but one is really friendly and though I can't confirm the camera putting on 10 pounds, I can confirm it puts on about 6 inches.

I've also met and helped out Ryan Smyth (very nice and charming gentleman) and had a small argument with George LaRaque about a friends CC payment. When We got that cleared up, he was very polite and friendly. (come to think about it, he was like that before as well)
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
      I totally flipped out when he responded to one of my Tweets. I'm such a geek. But seriously, he's awesome on Twitter.
      Yeah He's pretty friendly it seems.

i guess i should feel bad that i rickrolled him
      but hey it really is an awesome pop song.

hmmm speaking of twitter, i wonder if it's considered a celeb sighting... i get replies from the people who are RPing the cast of serenity.

oh and speaking of celeb sightings... Nathan Fillion himself is on myspace, he basically stated that if you add him he WILL add you back. http://www.myspace.com/nathanfillion

Comment

I once saw Paris Hilton on the job, though the film was all green for some reason.

Rapscallion

Comment

The most famous "celebrity" encounter I've had was back in the 80's when I volunteered for a rap concert where Queen Latifah was to perform (this was before she started on acting). I and another volunteer had to decorate the backstage room, and she and her entourage entered just as we had finished Nice lady.

Otherwise I've met a lot of local celebs at the hotdog stand where I was working until 2004. This includes (off the top of my head) some politicians (including the Head Mayor at that time), news anchors, a TV chef (!) and a couple of musicians.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

When I worked at the hotel I met a couple of football players 2 retired 1 was playing still. Coy Bacon from the redskins. I forget his last name but his first name was Guy who played for the Raiders when they won superbowl in the 70's I think. Guy was wearing his superbowl ring btw due to him holding a workshop for football. (very sparkly lol). Also Willie Pyle who played for the Cowboys (went to school with him he was younger then me and didnt remember me)

Comment

Pat Summerall - nice guy
              Troy Aikman - very stiff and dry
              Terry Bradshaw - ASSHOLE!!!!!
              Dirk Nowitzki - nice
              Steve Nash - nice
              Michael Irvin - jerk
              Charles Barkley - funny
              Kid Rock - he was totally bombed at the time
              Toby Keith - very nice
              Garth Brooks - entitlement whore
              Dixie Chicks - stuck up
              Bobby Knight - actually a very funny guy
              Nolan Ryan - very nice and polite

Comment

I don't know if my meet-at-works should be allowed to count since I'm an entertainment technician and its my job to take care of these people, but I did directly meet comedian Brad Garrett (plays Robert on Everybody Loves Raymond) and though he was at another table and I didn't talk to him, I did have dinner in the catering room with Huey Lewis. Most of the other acts we've had have either been minor people you'd have never heard of, or I only really saw passing in the hall like Aretha Franklin (the biggest entitlement whore in the business) or Wayne Newton (who can't sing to save his life, but still brings in the ladies).

My girlfriend works at a grocery store and doesn't cashier much anymore now that she's been given positions in bookkeeping and scanning, but it seems every time she does cashier she ends up waiting on Steve Wilkos (Jerry Springer's head of security, now has his own talk show).
                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                My MySpace
                My LiveJournal

Comment

I met a local radio DJ at a bar when I drunk tripped over a chair and headbutted him in the nuts.

He talked about me on the radio the next morning...

He's on one of the local country stations, he's a cool guy, turns out he lives about a block from me.

Comment

I once met David Suzuki. He pulled the 'Do you know who I am' Card.

I shot back with 'Sure, and I doubt your actions are making your organization look very appealing to the general public. Now, get to the back of the line and wait your turn, like everyone else is.'

He shut up and did as I said. It was AWESOME.

Comment

• The only 'celeb' I've ever really dealt with is the guy who is currently the MLA for our region in BC. He used to be the mayor, too.

And strippers... we print a few posters for some of the peelers that come through town.

Oh, and a few years ago, as I was going to the bank, I think I saw Bif Naked getting ready for a show at a local bar.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• We had an event showing the movie "Happy Feet". Got to meet the starting lineup of the 2006 Red Sox, and a couple of live penguins! I met Paul Reiser and Peter Faulk promoting some movie they did together. We also see a lot of our current Governor (incognito usually).

DH has a good one, where he worked a special screening of "Shaun of the Dead" hosted by the director. Apparently the projectionist was a noob, and didn't realize that the reels didn't necessarily come in order inside the film cans. So when the movie started, the crowd soon realized they were seeing the tail of reel 3 spliced to the head of reel 5 spliced to the head of reel 1 etc. "But...that guy was already a zombie!" "He died twenty minutes ago!" Oh god Simon Pegg was so pissed.

AND! My sister once waited on Doug Mirabelli (backup catcher for the Sox & Tim Wakefield in particular) and reported that 1. he HATED mushrooms and 2. after several drinks was bordering on verbally abusive to his wife.
                        "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

• Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                          Also Gedde Watanabe (the guy who played Long Duck Dong) came in, but my CW was here not me.
                          Ooh, cool. I remember him doing the lead-in video for Red Planet (a Virtual World VR racing game) along with a nice cast list.
                          Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          I once saw Paris Hilton on the job, though the film was all green for some reason.
                          *snicker* You dog, Raps.

Work Sightings
                          I've only had one job where I was likely to see anyone of note, and that was while working the ticket booth at Medieval Times. We got an assortment of random famous and not so famous people through. The one that stands out the most was Steven Spielberg, who wore a pink ball cap and went to the cashier who shared the booth with me that day. The only other sighting was while I was manning the door for the "torture" exhibit inside, and Marie Osmond made a comment about how awful it was, and then immediately followed that up with it being her own fault for not reading the sign.

Casual Sightings
                          At conventions and signings I've run across a variety of famous people in the movie/tv/comics industries. The most notable of those, not at a panel, was when I met Larry Niven. I managed to get into a live action game that was a ball (we had to attend a waltzing primer before attending the game), and I was one of the few women not scared to try dancing and so I danced with him. He even signed my dance card. I have to admit that he waltzes much better than I do.

Family's Sightings
                          My brother has met (and golfed with) Tiger Woods. Turns out that the year after I graduated, Woods started high school. Both he and my brother were on the golf team, and my brother says that from day one he thought he was all that and a bag of chips. My brother also reports that he always had top notch equipment and wasn't that great a golfer. I suspect that's partially bitterness on my brother's part since he had to quit the team because he couldn't afford to replace his clubs when he outgrew them, but knowing my brother, I also suspect some of the resentment was due to the fact that my brother was a better golfer at the time, too.

Speaking of golfing, way back when, shortly after the US entered WWII, my grandfather was stationed in France and was out for a round of golf. While he was still in the club house prior to going out on the course, someone came in and asked if there was anyone that would like to play a round with Bob Hope. Now, at this point, still early in the war, not a lot of people outside of the US knew who Bob Hope was, and my grandfather was the only one to take up the offer.

Bob Hope was an enthusiastic, but not especially talented golfer and he had a mediocre day. My grandfather, an outstanding athlete, set the course record that day, which was still standing as of 1987, when my aunt caught the beginning of a golf tournament being held in France (she hadn't changed the channel, yet, after tennis ended), and they announced him as still holding the course record, mangling his name in the process. My middle aunt got Hope to autograph the scorecard, but he told her it was on the condition that she never show it to anyone.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Karl Urban
                            Walter Mathau
                            Martin Landau
                            John Larroquette
                            Jean Tripplehorn
                            Tony Shaloub
                            Jud Hirsh
                            Ian McCellan(sp?)
                            Lucy Lawless
                            Kevin Sorbo
                            Lance Hendrikson