Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get racial insults tossed at you that are not your race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
    "fag", "queer", "fucking homo".
    That's because people are idiots, and can't come up with better 'insults.' Don't believe me? Go to *any* car site, and if someone doesn't like someone else's car, it's never because said car is a riced-out POS, but always because they're "gay" or various other sexual reasons. It's rather pathetic, actually.

As for me, well, I have German, Irish, and Norwegian roots. Trust me, it's an interesting combination if you piss me off Getting info on my family tree has been difficult--my Norwegian last name is like "Smith" over here. As such, info has been slow in coming, and most of those who would know are dead. I do know that I'm one of the last direct descendants of the original family that still has the same last name.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Geez. I feel kind of inadequate now. I'm French Canadian. That's it.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

No one ever correctly guesses my heritage, from looking at me. Given that my hair hasn't been its natural color in about 6 years, I guess that might have something to do with it, but still. (I'm Dutch, Native American [Potawatomi] and English, if you're curious). My brother is the kicker though, because the Dutch is obvious (he's incredibly blonde, fair-skinned and blue-eyed) but no one ever guesses Native American.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Someone once called my dad a racial epithet....he responded with, "Nope, I'm a McInjun O'Turk." (Scotch Irish, Armenian, and Native American).
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Any idea where to get one?
            /looking for leads
            //Really doesn't want to make one by hand, but that'd be the most likely way to get one in pink...
            Googling hijab, http://www.thehijabshop.com/ looks interesting.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This was actually a sighting that amused me - while I was on my way to work, I saw a teenager (black) get off the bus and yell back to his friend -

"Come on, hurry up, nigga!"

I had to snicker to myself when his white friend followed.
              Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
              - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                That's because people are idiots, and can't come up with better 'insults.' Don't believe me? Go to *any* car site, and if someone doesn't like someone else's car, it's never because said car is a riced-out POS, but always because they're "gay" or various other sexual reasons. It's rather pathetic, actually.

As for me, well, I have German, Irish, and Norwegian roots. Trust me, it's an interesting combination if you piss me off Getting info on my family tree has been difficult--my Norwegian last name is like "Smith" over here. As such, info has been slow in coming, and most of those who would know are dead. I do know that I'm one of the last direct descendants of the original family that still has the same last name.
                what last name is that then? Olsen?

and yeah, car sites suck like that, i weep for the people remotly interested in cars, if you don't go mainstream, a bunch of kids in honda civics will call you gay.
                Rawr

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
                  what last name is that then? Olsen?

and yeah, car sites suck like that, i weep for the people remotly interested in cars, if you don't go mainstream, a bunch of kids in honda civics will call you gay.
                  Nah, it means "eastern house."

People like that are *exactly* why I don't go to many car sites. What bugs me about those people, is they claim to be "original" by doing stupid things to their cars...yet can't come up with some new insults. Not too surprising, since many of their "one-of-a-kind" cars also look pretty much the same
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm Irish, Nowegian & German, and not an insult, but in my mind rather a compliment. When I was in college I was asked on more than one occasion to pledge the Asian soroity. Still don't know where they saw any asian in my as I have red (dyed) hair, blue eyes, freckles, and am as pale as Powder.
                    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                      I'm Irish, Nowegian & German, and not an insult, but in my mind rather a compliment. When I was in college I was asked on more than one occasion to pledge the Asian soroity. Still don't know where they saw any asian in my as I have red (dyed) hair, blue eyes, freckles, and am as pale as Powder.
                      Maybe they thought Russian, which is partly is Asia. Either way, I dunno.

Comment

What exactly does "towelhead" mean? Never understood that one.
                        Last edited by greensinestro; 02-21-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                          What exactly does "towelhead" mean? Never understood that one.
                          My grandma uses this one *sigh* It's used interchangeably for men who wear turbans or for muslim women (who wear hijabs).
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            My grandma uses this one *sigh* It's used interchangeably for men who wear turbans or for muslim women (who wear hijabs).
                            Oh! Those towelheads!
                            Last edited by greensinestro; 02-21-2007, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                              Oh! Those towelheads!
                              ok... I almost broke rule #1 with strawberry mini wheats and diet coke (although I'm starting a cold and I'm really stuffed up, so maybe it would have cleared my sinuses a bit...)
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                                Googling hijab, http://www.thehijabshop.com/ looks interesting.
                                Whoa. The ones in the sporting range look insanely awesome and sci-fi.

Comment

Working...
                                X