Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekday vegetarian to be precise, and I am quite aware of the need to keep an eye out I have to keep a fairly level intake of vitamin K foods, so keeping the salad leaves to a low amount for the duration, avoiding broccoli (not very hard, quite frankly, since it tastes like the devil's used toilet paper), and not binging on bananananananas etc. Just keeping an eye on it to keep it all steady levels of intake.

Another downside, I can't wear my red nose for the procedure as I'll be under an oxygen mask. Also, I asked, but the medical opinion of one of the technicians is that my heart won't be stopped for long enough for me to legitimately call myself a zombie.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Also, I asked, but the medical opinion of one of the technicians is that my heart won't be stopped for long enough for me to legitimately call myself a zombie.

Rapscallion
      Pfah. Get a second opinion.

Comment

I did. He told me I was ugly as well.

Rapscallion

Comment

Rapscallion
          he lied. I promise.

Comment

Rapscallion
            You certainly have a beautiful personality, Raps. I'm not qualified to comment on your appearance, having never laid eyes on you.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Bugger. First INR (blood gloopiness) level 1.3, then 2.7, and last week was 2.2. They need that within a range of 2.5 to 3.5 - target 3 - to perform this procedure. I've been keeping a strong eye on the sort of things to keep at a regular level, such as leafy greens etc. This is a touch irksome, as today's result dropped to 1.9 - this will result in higher medication and a delay for the procedure.

Sod.

Rapscallion

Comment

Bugger. First INR (blood gloopiness) level 1.3, then 2.7, and last week was 2.2. They need that within a range of 2.5 to 3.5 - target 3 - to perform this procedure. I've been keeping a strong eye on the sort of things to keep at a regular level, such as leafy greens etc. This is a touch irksome, as today's result dropped to 1.9 - this will result in higher medication and a delay for the procedure.

Sod.

Rapscallion
                So I'm now working as a junior doctor. Warfarin is the bane of my flipping life. The sooner they phase it out the better. Hope your INR stabilises soon!

Comment

Sort of needed at the moment :/

Rapscallion

Comment

*hugs Raps* I'm sad this is happening like this..
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Looking forward to it, actually. Only winged at the moment, and the odds of complete recovery. Tale to tell and everything.

Rapscallion

Comment

Yay! Back to 2.8 with an increased dosage! Woo!

They promised that I'd bruise really easily. No sign yet.

Rapscallion

Comment

Back to 2.8 with an increased dosage
                          Continue your magnificent gloopiness!

Comment

Well, I increased the dosage above what they wanted...

They wanted me on 5.5mg and because I had no halves at the time I went fo r6mg.

I'm so naughty! Also, risking it...

Rapscallion

Comment

Letter today from the hospital, keep at 6mg. They sent two letters - hoping to attach jump leads to my nipples on Thursday. Woohoo!

Rapscallion

Comment

You looking forward to the human equivilent of Ctrl+Alt+Del then..?
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X