X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn right!

Rapscallion

Comment

For those keeping score, today's blood test for INR was 3.2 and they're going ahead tomorrow. I'm not eating tomorrow morning, so obviously I need to make up with a curry tonight. A big curry.

Lots of concern for me at work, but I'm laughing. High chance of getting back to abnormal!

Rapscallion

Comment

Good luck for your honourary zombification tomorrow.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Go get 'em Raps! And what the heck. Have a curry for me, too.

Comment

That was fun!

A bit of nerves once I got into the waiting part of the job, but that soon settled. Met the team as they asked me for various details, such as what I was allergic to and could I sign away my life etc.

Was offered a chance to be pushed on the bed to the side room where the procedure took place, but walked behind the porter instead as I'm a chunky bugger and didn't want him in for a hernia operation needlessly. Things went smoothly from there with more holes in my arms etc and a load of oxygen in a mask before the sleepy juice (propofol). Next thing I knew, I was waking up in the bed back in the start/recovery ward and coming round almost instantly. Apparently worked on the second shock.

To give you a flavour of the good natured approach to this, and the sort of banter going around, I was asking the attending technical nurse type how he'd rate my convulsions. He'd seen better, so I told him that I'd been trying for an Oscar this year...

Yup, heart now doing what it should. Enjoyed the company of the staff immensely. Have a printout of the performing well ECG. Slight ache on the front of the chest where the clippers (the technical nurse said he had practiced often to get that exact rectangular shape, and the dog wouldn't go near him now) made room for the electrode patch and a slight singe occurred, but I'd been warned about that well ahead of time.

Wandered around the car park after without getting out of breath. This is ace!

Rapscallion

Comment

Good to hear Raps! Prayers and good thoughts towards your continuing recovery.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                ... sleepy juice (propofol)...
                So Michael... how was your thriller?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Glad to hear that they got you running right again. An EKG with a nice sinus rhythm sure looks pretty.

Stay healthy!
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yay! Glad to hear that it worked and everything turned out well. Hope it sticks!
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Wandered around the car park after without getting out of breath. This is ace!
                      Very, VERY cool. Glad it went well.

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      practiced often to get that exact rectangular shape, and the dog wouldn't go near him now
                      I chortled.

Comment

• It was a very good natured event, quite frankly.

Just walked around the block twice. Lightly out of breath, and stopped for shopping on the second time (mostly salad stuff). Sort of considering something a bit more brutal this afternoon, but I'd want a shower after.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Great news! So glad to hear about the improvements!
                          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• I am glad that the conversion went well. I pray that it stays that way. Keep track of your heart rate and learn what it feels like when it goes off.
                            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

• Got my furry (if patchy on the chest) hide into the warehouse tonight for a bit of manual work and picked orders for two hours. Pickers were glad for the help, and I achieved a pretty good and above average rate of work. Mentally felt awesome, but after eight months of sedentary activity, I was glad to be back and doing something.

Tomorrow morning - that's when it will come back on me I suspect.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Hopefully the next to last update. I've been reasonably gently brutalising myself with exercise since I have a week off from work. Today, I cycled on my route to work along the canal path. I used to be nearly unstoppable on the flat before, but I've put on weight since I went sedentary. Doing various other exercises as well, but the ride was particularly satisfying.

Need to do more, but I'm capable of it now. Yay!

Oh, and ouch.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X