This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Got a letter today asking me to make an appointment. Phoned immediately, and it looks like I'm not urgent. 17th December and that's when I'll hopefully start the Warfarin before the big buzz.
    This is actually good. Nothing scared me more than the doc returning to the room and asking, "So, can you get checked into the hospital by nine tonight?" when I had my cancer scare. Fast turnaround for surgery is usually bad.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Aye, but if I walk a hundred yards I'm out of breath, and if I do that with a bit of an incline, I sweat buckets. Currently not as much fun as it could be.

The point is taken about how it could be worse, but I'm starting to look at the shower and toaster to see if I could arrange just a tinsy jolt here or there to sort myself out...

Rapscallion

Comment

The point is taken about how it could be worse, but I'm starting to look at the shower and toaster to see if I could arrange just a tinsy jolt here or there to sort myself out...
        There's a shortage of perfect furry manboobs in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Perfection such as this could stand a little scorching to make the exquisiteness stand out, methinks.

Rapscallion

Comment

Hmm, plans are afoot. No real change, but...

Given that with a bit of luck I'll have an electric shock running through me under medical conditions in the near future, how bad would it be as a patient to turn up with a red nose on and an A4 piece of paper on my torso with the 'Operation' printout on it?

Rapscallion

Comment

an A4 piece of paper on my torso with the 'Operation' printout on it?
              What? Afraid to commit? SHARPIE!!! Draw all (10? 12?) targets on your hide and let the hilarity ensue.

Oh. Wait. I misread. Not an actual operation, they're just zapping you for some obscure reason. Very well, carry on.

(Hope it goes well Raps.)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                ... Draw all ... targets on your hide ...
                That's reserved for the wedding night.

(We threatened to write instructions on one of my little bothers.)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Oh. Wait. I misread. Not an actual operation, they're just zapping you for some obscure reason. Very well, carry on.
                  Er, mentioned it around the start of this thread?

Rapscallion

Comment

Actually, I checked and it's sort of mentioned and only vaguely at the bottom of page three, sorry. The main treatment is cardioversion and it involves shocking the heart to stop it, then it should restart in a normal rhythm.

Rapscallion

Comment

Actually I meant "obscure" as in a medical arcana sort of way, not obscure concerning you. My bad.

Priceless, dalesys - did you manage to extort anything from him for not doing it?

Comment

Update time!

Got to the consultant and it was his stand in. This is the guy who will be cardioverting me, so a bit of training about warfarin and how to take it and stuff and what to avoid. Leafy greens in abundance are bad, as are excess bananas, and egg yolk all due to levels of vitamin K (a coagulant). Supposed to avoid shaving (not a problem, heh), and with a bit of luck and with a number of blood tests in the process, I'll be shocked back to abnormality in about six weeks.

Rapscallion

Comment

My dad has been through the shock treatment a couple of times, all is good.
                          "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

For those keeping track, I'm now on warfarin and having my blood tested every week on Friday. The first test was on the Tuesday above and I scored 1, which is the human standard. On the Friday after starting warfarin, 1.3, and this Friday 2.7 - still on 5mg of the blessed chemical.

Still told to keep on the same dosage and we'll see next week, I guess, but on Tuesday I get to see a pre-assessor. Yay!

Rapscallion

Comment

Wandered off for a pre-assessment. Had to stick a giant cotton bud (Q tip) up my nose to make sure I don't have MRSA. Childhood hobbies are now medical necessities.

Also, I apparently get to keep my trousers on for the procedure. Guess I'm not getting any dinner bought for me first.

Rapscallion

Comment

Did you get dietary instructions for the warfarin? You want to watch your intake of Vitamin K (leafy greens are the biggest source), and IIRC you are a vegetarian.
                                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X