Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like someone who claims to be a blackjack expert...and then splits a pair of 10s (one of the most boneheaded moves possible that to some beginners sounds like it'd make sense; like bringing out the queen too early in chess).

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
      My dad gave me a little lizard/dragon statue as a housewarming gift. He'd had it for years and I like red dragons, so that was cool. I had it sitting on the counter and D was afraid of the statue because it looked realistic. (aside from the wings jutting out from its back and it having 4 legs) I finally made him pick it up and put it on a shelf so he could see it was a goddammed statue.
      Hey don't give that sucka no statue! Give him guts! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
        Sounds like someone who claims to be a blackjack expert...and then splits a pair of 10s (one of the most boneheaded moves possible that to some beginners sounds like it'd make sense; like bringing out the queen too early in chess).
        I resemble that remark!

OK most of the time I'll just sit pretty; but a pair of faces or tens against a dealer 6? I might throw caution to the wind and splitem. Depends on how well I'm playing (how up I am) more than anything and most of the time I wouldn't.

Of course I also don't claim to be a BJ expert either.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post

Um....

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
            Paging Shelton...Please pick up the Courtesy Thread...Paging Shelton...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

You gotta say his name three times in a row . . . like with Beetlejuice.

Sheldon
              Sheldon
              SHELDONNNNN!!!
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                Nah, that's hookers.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  Um....
                  Yup, it was intentional. I knew how it could be taken and decided to lob an easy one out to the crowd.

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
                    Nah, that's hookers.
                    People who crochet?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      People who crochet?
                      They call themselves "seamstresses." (hem hem)
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Beware the Agony Aunts.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          How did a US Acres character (the walking egg) get involved in all this? This thread sure got scrambled quickly.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                            My mind right where everyone else's did.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Make sure you find one that can mend straight.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You guys are AWFUL.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                                You guys are AWFUL.
                                And we're pretty good, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X