Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Are My Friend, But I Dislike You........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Are My Friend, But I Dislike You........

........ because you are an SC.

I have a friend, I'll call him Greg, who I have noticed is SCish. Here’s a few examples:

Greg, Jessi (another friend of mine), and I decided to go see a movie one afternoon. Unfortunately, we read the wrong movie times online and arrived two hours early at the movie theater. No problem, we just drove across the street the Barnes & Noble to look around and wait. I found some books that I wanted and bought them (You put me in Barnes & Noble for any amount of time and I WILL find a book…… or two……. or three. ). I saw Greg and Jessi sitting at a table with a small pile of magazines so I walked over and sat down. I read one of my books, Jessi looked at another of my books, and Greg read magazines. When it was time for us to head to the theater, I put my books back in my bag and started walking towards the door. I looked back and saw the magazines were still strewn all over the table.

Me: Um, Greg? Aren’t you going to out those magazines back?

Greg: Why should I? That’s what they pay the people that work here to do.

Me: Erm, no. The people that work here are not paid to clean up after you. You are not a little kid, you are a grown man who should know how to put away magazines and should not need me to put your magazines away for you.

I walk over to the table and pick up his magazines and put them back on the rack.

Greg: (very meekly) Thank you.

Greg and I went to Burger King for lunch. We both got value meals. The drinks that came with the meals had the Indiana Jones peel-off things that you could win a free drink, burger, etc. with. Greg didn’t win anything, but I won a free burger. Since this was one of the rare occasions that I go to Burger King, I gave my coupon to Greg because he eats there about once a week. He went back up to the register to get the burger. I didn’t hear the conversation he had with the poor person behind the counter but it probably did not go very well. Apparently, at that location, if you get a coupon you have to use it the next time you come, you can’t use it when you get it. I looked at the coupon and noticed that it was actually printed that you had to come back to use the coupon. Greg started ranting about the stupidity of it.

“I can’t believe that dumbass at the register! He didn’t let me use my coupon to get a free burger! He’s probably too stupid to know how to do it anyway and didn’t feel like asking anyone how to f***ing do it!”

I remember exactly what he said because it pissed me off so much, but I cannot remember how I responded to him. But I can say that he learned his lesson because he hasn’t been SCish since. At least, he hasn't been an SC around me, but he knows what will happen if he does.
    "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

I had a friend like that. We went out to eat at fast food place. He ordered a burger and when he got it, he was pissed at them. He was bitching because the burger had tomatoes, which he is deadly allergic too. Now did he tell them at all, that he was allergic to tomatoes. Well I would not post it, if he did. He berated them.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I have a good friend who is a sucky tipper I was actually discussing this website one day, while she and I were in a restaurant eating breakfast. As a matter of fact, I was talking about sucky customers and sucky tippers. My friend agreed and laughed along with me at the various antics of SCs. Now my friend has a 1-1/2 year old and the waitress went out of her way to sub part of the child's meal with something else (at no addt'l cost), provided a free mini-child's ice cream, was very polite and brought refills frequently. The toddler of course had food all over herself, us and the floor, which meant the staff would have to clean up a bit as well.

So what happens? We're splitting the bill and I tip around 20-25%. Remember this is breakfast, so this didn't wasn't exactly a huge bill. My friend saw how much I was paying, so she just rounded the bill off and basically ended up tipping about 5% on her portion. So long story short, she had a preconceived notion of what an appropriate tip for the entire bill should be, and since I was already tipping "more than necessary" for my portion, she reduced her own tip. This isn't the first time it's happened. Worse, I don't think she even realizes that what she's doing is rude to the server and frankly I consider it rude to me.

After my friend left the table and was out of sight, I tossed another two bucks on the table. Good thing I had cash on me that day.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

My ex bf was a sucky tipper. He didnt tip guys and only tipped good looking girls. Can you see why that didn't last long? Not just because I hate it when my guy stares at other girls, but the fact that the only reason he won't tip is because the female server isn't a Jenna lookalike. Pfft.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And these last two posts are exactly why I love that we don't tip in this country. Just too much opportunity for those who depend on it for their income to get stiffed by whack-jobs.

Comment

Why wait till she's out of sight? Next time, do it in front of her. Maybe she needs some proper tipping illustrated for her. If she says anything, just say something like "Well, if we are splitting the tip, then we didn't leave enough. I don't want to get a rep here as a bad tipper."

Comment

I once had a co-worker that was even worse than a sucky tipper. On the one hand, around here, service is included in the price of whateveryou order, so are taxes, so tipping is a courtesy from customers to the waiting staff. It might be a nice bonus to their regular wage, but shouldn't expect one all the time, because times are tough for everyone, right ?

On the other hand, if you don't feel like leaving a tip, please do not take your change from whatever I left, dammit. Or at least, ask me before you do.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post
                (You put me in Barnes & Noble for any amount of time and I WILL find a book…… or two……. or three. )
                I can always find books, too. It's just a matter of being willing to pay full price for them.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Same here. In any bookstore, I will find books I want to read. But I can resist the urge to buy them right there, right then. Usually.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Personally, I have a general rule of thumb for myself: I do not go out anywhere with someone who has ever told me, in complete seriousness, that the customer is always right.

...I hope Greg DID learn his lesson.
                    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      My ex bf was a sucky tipper. He didnt tip guys and only tipped good looking girls. Can you see why that didn't last long? Not just because I hate it when my guy stares at other girls, but the fact that the only reason he won't tip is because the female server isn't a Jenna lookalike. Pfft.
                      My ex did that as well. He even (from what he told me) refused to purchase food at the nearest fast-food place to his house because the "hot little Hispanic chick" wasn't working drive-thru anymore*.

* That's part of a bigger saga. So he goes to the McD's where the "hot chick" is, gets X instead of Y but doesn't realize it until he gets home (strike one). I wasn't there of course, but it seemed like a kitchen mistake during the breakfast rush (I think he got a sausage biscuit instead of a burrito; dude, it's food).

Goes to another fast-food place, orders X, receives X but with one topping he didn't ask for. Rinse and repeat above (strike two).

Goes back to the first place to complain, gets bupkis because he doesn't have the incorrect food or his receipt (strike three). No news on what happened with the second order (guy probably ate the whole thing and then decided it was wrong).

Goes to a third place, gets his food ($30 and an hour later), determines that the other 2 places "don't know what they're doing" and guesses that the first place fired the hot chick for getting his order wrong so refuses to return.

He also thought an Asian server at a Panda Express-type place was hitting on him...hate to pop your balloon, but she's just being pleasant. Not all servers are grumpy.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Aramika
                        (You put me in Barnes & Noble for any amount of time and I WILL find a book…… or two……. or three. )

Heh, try working there...I would skim the backs of books people were buying while they were getting their money out, and jot down titles while they were putting their change away. I have pieces of scrap paper all over the place with titles and authors that I will probably never have time to actually get around to reading...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X