This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop repair psychic

A tale from my Dad who was collecting his computer from a local computer reapir shop.

SW: sucky woman
    CRG: computer repair guy, who charged my Dad a very reasonable price and apparently has more work than he can handle.

SW: "My lap top isn't working. How much to repair it?"
    CRG: "You need to bring it in, so I can take a look and see what is wrong with it."
    SW: "Tell me how much it will cost."
    CRG: "I need to see it first."
    SW: "You're a computer repairer. You should know how much it will cost."
    CRG: "If your car breaks down, a mechanic needs to see it before he can tell you what's wrong and how much it will cost."
    SW: "That's totally different. How much will it cost?"
    CRG: "I don't know. I don't have a psychic connection with your computer."
    SW: "Don't get fing cheeky with me!"

SW storms out.

My Dad told me about this and I said with very heavy scarcasm, "The custmer is always right."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

reminds me of a phone converstion I had at the locksmiths shop.......

me: XXX locksmiths, can I help you?
    sc: I lost the keys to my car, how much to make me new ones?
    me: what kind of car?
    sc: well, it's a truck. So how much?
    me: what kind of truck?
    sc: red, I just want a ball park figure
    me: year, make and model please.
    sc: It's older. I just want a ball park figure of how much y'all gonna rape me for
    me: *sigh* fine...... between $100 and $350
    sc: THREE FIFTY!!! THAT"S TOO MUCH!!!
    me: have a nice day *click*

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      CRG: "I don't know. I don't have a psychic connection with your computer."
      SW: "Don't get fing cheeky with me!"
      I simply wouldnt have been able to stop myself from saying "Sorry, you weren't listening to anything else I was saying, I didn't think you'd catch that."

Comment

@UncleImpy: I'm gonna have to remember that one...
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Reminds me of my days as the Receptionist for HR Blockenstuff during tax season. Every time SC's would call in asking for a quote, they would get annoyingly persistent about knowing the price over the phone even after I've told them ad-nauseum that the price varies depending on what the preparers need to do for each client and they would need to come in and sit with a preparer to get an "estimate" if you will of what they would pay to get their taxes done.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

My Dad told me about this and I said with very heavy scarcasm, "The custmer is always right."
            You mean the cuntomer is always right. Correct?
            "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

We get that a lot with update customers.

We publish our update pricing on our web site's price list. But we won't provide a firm quote to update your license unless you tell us which one it is. It could be anything from free to tens of thousands of dollars depending on how long ago the last purchase was on the license and the number of seats. And, yes. We are going to verify the age and number of seats by looking it up before we give you a quote.

Given that you're going to have to provide a license or serial number when you order the update (unless you want me to pick a lucky license number randomly from our database and let you pay to update someone else's license) there's really no advantage to fighting with me about giving me that information when you need a price quote.

And yet people do fight me. Two of the more persistent ones got to star in posts here:

Mr. Important

Attic Guy
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

oh, I get that at the hotel all the time...

sc- How much for a night
                me- which night were you looking for
                sc- any night
                me- that will be anywhere from $69 to $149 depending on room type and how busy it is
                sc- oh well how much is it for tonight?
                me-

seriously, why not just ask the question "how much is a room tonight?" is it that hard
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                X