• Show
Clear All

"The Bride" - the Sting / Beals frankenstine movie

Right when Frankenstine gets killed someone behind me said
    Sting has been stung

i think i laughed

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      I've always liked the idea of a movie, if it is intended for primarily English speaking audiences, but set in a non-English speaking place, starting out in the language of wherever it's set, then slowly fading into English.

I don't know if it would actually work out the way I've envisioned it, but I feel like it would help set the scene.
      The best version of that for me was in Red October. The Political Officer is reading Raimus' diary and cuts to English on Armageddon.

Comment

Man, this movie...

I was a projection manager when it came out at my theatre. We had the two largest screens in texas that sat like 700 people and we constantly sold the shows out each night. It was so bad, that I had to help clean up after each showing.

I walked in after one showing and everyone was moping around crying and this cute little hispanic chick comes up to me and starts giving me hugs, balling her eyes out. I obliged, because she was hot. First time that's ever happened.

A bit later, I was helping the cleaners again and this group of people stayed through the credits, apologizing for all of their "brothers" that didn't clean up all their popcorn and drinks and such. They wouldn't stop either. It started to get annoying. Then, they left. They also left behind about 5 pounds of garbage on and around their seats. I hardly call someone a hypocrite... but if the shoe fits.

Comment

I remember when the first Star Trek movie came out I went to see it at the cinema and in the scene where we first see Geordi with his "new" eyes, he comes up and says "Captain!" and in the pause before he spoke again the guy behind me said "I can't find my visor!" I admit I laughed!
          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

One time when I went to a movie (oh in the 80's, yes i am a little ancient ) right when they lowered the house lights to start the one or two previews, someone let out a loud and long two-note fart.

It went silent for a few seconds, then everyone started laughing there asses off. Save for the group of people around the farter.

They were dying from lack of oxygen.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

When I went to see the Thin Red Line and by the time George Clooney came on the screen, someone said, "God, will this movie ever end".....There was still a half hour after that point.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                When I went to see the Thin Red Line and by the time George Clooney came on the screen, someone said, "God, will this movie ever end".....There was still a half hour after that point.
                Thin Red Line was 170 minutes long. A Bridge Too Far was 175 minutes long and was called A Movie Too Long.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When I went and saw Made of Honor, it had already been out for awhile, so the theatre wasn't really all that full (20 people maybe). I had a little too much caffeine and at some point towards the middle of the movie, the leading actress's mom comes in to talk to her and she is wearing this really, super low cut nightie.
                  I squeaked "old lady boob!" because it looked to me like it was about to pop right out of her shirt. I thought I had only said it loud enough for my friend to hear me, but apparently the whole damn theatre (again, less then 20 people) heard me and bust out laughing.
                  It was a really terrible brain to mouth filter fail. But I don't think I pissed anyone off with it. And this is why my friends usually do not allow me to have caffeine in public.
                  "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Thin Red Line was 170 minutes long. A Bridge Too Far was 175 minutes long and was called A Movie Too Long.
                    The Thin Red Line may have been 170 minutes long but it seemed like 1700 minutes long. Next time someone gets the brilliant idea to make a movie that is like you're watching some bizarro channel that crosses the National Geographic Channel with the HIstory Channel, I hope they shoot him. What's really amazing is that they called "Saving Private Ryan' cliche ridden. I guess somebody didn't notice the "dear John" letter....I guess it wasn't quite the cliche because it still took them a half hour to kill the guy.

A Bridge Too Far was actually pretty good. And fairly accurate if I understand correctly.

Comment

A Bridge Too Far was actually pretty good. And fairly accurate if I understand correctly.
                      I also enjoyed A Bridge Too Far. I had no problem with the length. I'm going to have to watch Saving Private Ryan one of these days.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm going to have to watch Saving Private Ryan one of these days.
                        The only thing I remember about this movie is that I had an acquaintance at that time who was one of the extras to be blown up in a jungle scene. I never could make out which one he was, though. I kept thinking, "Gee, I wish that scene were for real." Yeah, no love lost there.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

one time it was annoying... star trek IV the return home.

cute scene with the whales
                          and some pricks behind me started making dumb whale sounds that ruined the pretty effect

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            one time it was annoying... star trek IV the return home.

cute scene with the whales
                            and some pricks behind me started making dumb whale sounds that ruined the pretty effect
                            You'll have to be more specific. All the scenes with the whales were cute.

Maybe those guys did too much LDS?
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                              ...but... he comes back! RIGHT!?!? PLEASE TELL ME HE COMES BACK!!!!!
                              You haven't read "The Passover Plot" have you?

The best version of that for me was in Red October. The Political Officer is reading Raimus' diary and cuts to English on Armageddon.
                              That's what I was thinking of, too.

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
                              I remember when the first Star Trek movie came out I went to see it at the cinema and in the scene where we first see Geordi with his "new" eyes, he comes up and says "Captain!" and in the pause before he spoke again the guy behind me said "I can't find my visor!" I admit I laughed!
                              Geordie wasn't in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture".

And here's where I get confused, because I'm usually thinking of the Battle of Balaclava and the 93rd Regiment.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                              Maybe those guys did too much LDS?
                              Or maybe they spent too much time working in outer space and should have gone back to Iowa.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I also enjoyed A Bridge Too Far. I had no problem with the length. I'm going to have to watch Saving Private Ryan one of these days.
                                The opening scene of Saving Private Ryan is probably the closest most folks will get to being in combat (unless you've seen Blackhawk Down). The rest of the movie is not bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X