This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    I really just wanted to look her right in the eye and say "Look lady... I don't want to spoil it for you... but He DIES at the end." *sighs*
    ...I think I actually just got popcorn in my nose from laughing. Oww.

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
      ...I think I actually just got popcorn in my nose from laughing. Oww.
      lol! Careful now! Popcorn goes in the tummy not the sinuses!
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

I'm surprised nobody mentioned "Titanic." I mean, at least 2 hours were spent waiting for the damn ship to sink. Seriously, after a bit, I got bored
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          I'm surprised nobody mentioned "Titanic." I mean, at least 2 hours were spent waiting for the damn ship to sink. Seriously, after a bit, I got bored
          When the movie first came out, someone sent me an e-mail with a picture of Jack And Rose still on the bow of the ship, arms outstretched at the bottom of the ocean, as skeletons. Wish I could find it again. Makes me laugh everytime I think of it.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            I've always liked the idea of a movie, if it is intended for primarily English speaking audiences, but set in a non-English speaking place, starting out in the language of wherever it's set, then slowly fading into English.

I don't know if it would actually work out the way I've envisioned it, but I feel like it would help set the scene.
            It was sort of done in The Hunt for Red October.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Geordie wasn't in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture".
              OMG!!! That's totally right! I meant of course the first Star Trek TNG film. So lame, and to think that the original series is actually my favorite!! Naughty CSGirl!!
              It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                When I went to see the Thin Red Line and by the time George Clooney came on the screen, someone said, "God, will this movie ever end".....There was still a half hour after that point.
                Quoth Pagan View Post
                And here's where I get confused, because I'm usually thinking of the Battle of Balaclava and the 93rd Regiment.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one to make that connection.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I was thinking to myself, "Jesus Christ, just nail the guy up already".
                  seriously... no one else caught that one... good job mikoyan
                  and that is definitely either the best or worst choice of words I've ever heard

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  It was a really terrible brain to mouth filter fail. But I don't think I pissed anyone off with it. And this is why my friends usually do not allow me to have caffeine in public.
                  I think you and I need to go out for coffee

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

Maybe those guys did too much LDS?
                  and here I thought I was the only one who had that problem

Quoth protege View Post
                  oh yes, but it was so satisfying to see Leonardo finally DIE
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

When I went to see the Thin Red Line and by the time George Clooney came on the screen, someone said, "God, will this movie ever end".....There was still a half hour after that point.
                    I felt much the same about the last Lord of the Rings movie. Every time it faded to black and I thought it was the end, it popped to another scene.

Quoth protege View Post
                    Stephen King's column in the latest Entertainment Weekly is his top 20 movies that never disappoint (rentals to fill the "hell on earth" summer movie season):

#17. Titanic: Go ahead, laugh. My heart will still go on.
                    Though when I saw Titanic in the theater, when we got out it was absolutely pouring rain outside. Seemed rather appropriate.

More on topic: I'm not a big cryer at movies...sometimes I'll get tear-eyed, but outright sobbing? No. How do you even pay attention to what's going on if you're so busy wailing like that?
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-16-2009, 03:28 PM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I'm glad I'm not the only one to make that connection.
                      Well, I was just recently in the National War Museum at Edinburgh Castle.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      I felt much the same about the last Lord of the Rings movie. Every time it faded to black and I thought it was the end, it popped to another scene.
                      I knew what the end was. By that point, I was thinking, "Just get on the damn boat already Frodo so Sam can go home, I've gotta pee!"

We went on opening day, pre-bought tickets and everything. Got to Century Rio and they had oversold the showing, but let us go to the next showing (damn Skippy!) which was 45 minutes later. Take a large Coke add a 3 hour movie, you do the math.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

I think you and I need to go out for coffee

Gasp!! Are you asking me on a date, sir?!

Yes I know, but I couldn't resist.
                        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                        X