Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had really wide hips in comparison to my waist measurement (even when I was a toothpick, I had "breeder's hips" according to my grandma). I have NEVER ONCE found a pair of pants that fit both my waist and my hips. *grumble*
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I've got kind of the same problem. I'm only 5'4", but I've got a 32" inside leg (I like that better than inseam! ). I just barely broke 100 lbs about 5 years ago, now I'm about 120 lbs. This is why I usually wind up over in the mens jeans. That plus the fact that all of the womens jeans seem to be cut huge in the ass.
      Or Xtreme Low-Rise(tm) with a too-tight crotch, even if all other measurements fit fine. Gah. I still get complained at by my mom because...I only know my pants size in the context of waist/inseam rather than "size X" (what, it's easier that way).
      Add to that, my size 9 foot, and I hate looking for pants or shoes!
      I have a 9.5 foot also. Most of my boots I end up buying from Galls (police/fire/EMS supply catalog that will sell most items to the public)...last damn near forever and they carry larger women's sizes. Technically I also have a narrow foot, but I like having my feet covered (narrow anything is almost impossible to find and medium fits me fine).
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-07-2007, 06:17 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        Seems a woman had lost her purse or wallet or even just her card, not sure what happened. And this other woman must have gotten a hold of at least the card, and proceeded to try to use it at the store. This Associate asked to see the woman's ID and realized the names didn't match and neither did the signatures and called mall security/cops, etc.
        Customer "Gloria" is lucky that associate checked the names, or even asked for ID in the first place. I don't sign the back of my card for security purposes-instead I write "C.I.D.". If my card is ever lost or stolen and someone uses it, I am not liable for anything, even if I didn't have the protection from the card company. If the card isn't signed, the company that allowed the charge to go through eats the cost-they didn't verify that the card was being used by the actual owner. Ha ha!
        I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
        "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

I also have a large foot- size 9-10 depending on the company (again, depending on company!). It is hard to find a good boot in my size- I don't like shoes, I'm definately a boot person.

The last few years I've been wearing Demonia boots from this site:
          http://www.wmsclothing.com/cgi-bin/category/Boots

The Goth/Industrial style boots run about average- I'm a 9- period.
          The Vanity/Fetish boots run small but I don't wear those.

I bought a pair of Demonia Clash boots in January 2006. I wear them every single day- to work even- and they haven't worn hardly at all.
          Although I've long since lost the interchangable chains that came with them.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
            I don't sign the back of my card for security purposes-instead I write "C.I.D.". If my card is ever lost or stolen and someone uses it, I am not liable for anything, even if I didn't have the protection from the card company.
            Um...all card agreements I've read state that the card must be signed or it is considered not valid for purchasing purposes...very few places accept cards with CID (or any variation thereof) in place of the signature. Besides, what's to say that a truly determined thief wouldn't be able to make up a fake ID with their photo and sig...then when they sign your name of course it would match.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm jumping on the OT bandwagon about clothes not fitting. I'm rather curvy, and have been since jr high. I was a dancer and figure skater, so I've got some big ol thighs and hips, but a rather small waist. I also have very long legs and a very short upper body (put it this way, I'm almost 5'7", my waist is at the same height as my brother's was when he hit 6'1"), so I rarely find pants with a long enough inseam. I like the inseam to be at least 33" for flats/sneakers, and some up to 36" so I can wear them with heels.

I'm a huge fan of Lucky Brand and Silver jeans, because they come in a waist size and an inseam length, similar to men's sizing, which is perfect for me. I've also found that buying jeans with a bit of stretch to them seems to help, at least in the waist-hip region. Plus, my Lucky's seem to be able to withstand anything and everything I do to them without tearing, and I've had a few pairs for 4-5 years.

The other thing that's a pain, and seems to run in my mom's side of the family? "Dutch calves" which is my grandma's term for the fact that all of the more athletic girls in our family have big old calves, and can rarely find boots that fit in the calves. The one exception I've found is Frye's, but again, they are mighty expensive.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                I read once that when they cut the fabric for jeans they have the fabric stacked up and the machine cuts a whole bunch at once, so that's why sometimes 2 pairs of the same style/size of jeans can fit differently, because the fabric at the top and bottom might pull in/out a bit as it's being cut and end up slightly smaller or larger.
                That's exactly why the difference in size and fit. Also depends on if they are being cut with a water blade or a regular blade. It's also the same reason you get t-shirts with the really weird twists to them!

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Technically I also have a narrow foot, but I like having my feet covered (narrow anything is almost impossible to find and medium fits me fine).
                Same here! Got the long, skinny foot. Although it's useful in the spring around here. Ya know, gets windy, big foot provides a good anchor. New Balance comes in narrows, but usually wind up having to either go to the New Balance store or ordering them on the web.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I don't know if I can compare because it seems we all have issues with clothing, but frankly I feel like I have you all beat.

I'm 4'10" (yeah, I'm short, I know) and weigh somewhere between 110 and 115 depending on the day.

Here's my problem. Either:
                  A)the pants don't make it up my thighs but would fit if I was going on pant leg length alone
                  B)they make it over my thighs but are suction cupped to my ass and dangling on my waist
                  and this goes for all pants:
                  C)tack on a minimum of $14 to every pair of pants you own and that's how much I pay-because I have to get every fuckin pair of pants hemmed for my short ass legs.

No, petites don't work either, because (see A and/or B in addition to that) I still have to hem them an inch or two... Apparently I'm too freakin petite for the petite section, but too developed for the kids section.

Comment

Many, many, many moons ago, when I was really skinny (90 pounds soaking wet with rocks in my pockets), and I was (and still am) 5 feet 3 inches tall, I had to go to Sears and go into the Pretty Plus* section of the little girls section. It did help that I was between 12-15 years old at the time, so the clothing was a little appropriate, but really ... I've seen what the manufacturers are trying to foist on our kids now a-days and they look adult enough.

*Pretty Plus is/was for girls what Husky is/was for boys at Sears.

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                      No, petites don't work either, because (see A and/or B in addition to that) I still have to hem them an inch or two... Apparently I'm too freakin petite for the petite section, but too developed for the kids section.
                      I have that problem to a lesser extent (5'1") since the petite section is for 5'4" and under. My biggest problem with most petite sections is that they seem to cater to the grandma fashions. At 28 I am not mentally prepared to dress that old yet.

Comment

Quoth Sientara View Post
                        My biggest problem with most petite sections is that they seem to cater to the grandma fashions. At 28 I am not mentally prepared to dress that old yet.

Holy crap, I know exactly what you mean! It's like, *hello, there are short people under 50 living in this world*... I would like to be trendy and cute, in addition to having clothes that fit.

Comment

At least you can have pants hemmed. I am 6' tall with a 30" waist and a 36" inseam. Standard "Tall" womens pants come with a 34" inseam. I have resigned myself to only being able to buy 3 pairs of pants a year at $75.00+ from one catalog that I have found. At least I can buy guys jeans in a 32 x 36 and wear a belt, but that doesn't work for work clothes.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                            At least you can have pants hemmed. I am 6' tall with a 30" waist and a 36" inseam. Standard "Tall" womens pants come with a 34" inseam. I have resigned myself to only being able to buy 3 pairs of pants a year at $75.00+ from one catalog that I have found. At least I can buy guys jeans in a 32 x 36 and wear a belt, but that doesn't work for work clothes.
                            Holy hell you're tall, but I'm sure you already know that. Ok. Yeah, I think 75 bucks for a pair of pants beats mine... Kudos.

Comment

Banrion--Try Lucky Brand, on some of their pants the XL inseam is 36". I think Silver also has them with a 36" inseam. That's about the length I want if I'm going to wear anything but sneakers or flats with my pants!

And I know the feeling, I usually spend at least $60-70 on pants, if not more.
                              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

"I've seen what the manufacturers are trying to foist on our kids now a-days and they look adult enough."

Actually, in some cases, they look adult movie enough. Gaaaah. Some of these things they are selling for children give me the wilies.

But I digress. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X