This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
    uhhh, yeah...... don't most people?? i don't know about you but i have never washed my underwear or bras anywhere but in a washing machine. Damn that newfangled technology, i guess we're still supposed to be beating our clothes against a rock to wash them.
    I know LOL I just looked at her oddly and said, "I don't know about you, but as a single mom with two jobs and school part-time, I don't have time to be washing my undies by hand every night...." Kind of shut her up
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

For me, being a guy, shopping for pants is tough. It is hard for me to find pants because I am on the bigger side. Walmart doesn't carry my size that often. Right now I only have 2 pairs of pants, and when I do find my size, it is at a Work World. I am trying to lose weight right now, but I need pants that fit in the mean time also.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
        uhhh, yeah...... don't most people?? i don't know about you but i have never washed my underwear or bras anywhere but in a washing machine. Damn that newfangled technology, i guess we're still supposed to be beating our clothes against a rock to wash them.
        I wash my bras and undies in the washing machine. However, I never put my bras into the dryer (that's when the wires come out of the bras, not the washing machine, at least for me). On my washing machine, I have the "Hand Wash" cycle that I use when I'm washing really delicate things and then I put everything in the dryer except for bras, which I hang up and let the drip dry.

Comment

I don't put my bras in the dryer either, but the wires still come out LOL I've given up. I want a bloody corset. I'd rather emphasize than hide anyway I've got some damn fine boobs LOL (or so I'm told).
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I wash my EVERYTHING in the washing machine. Hell, if I could put my dog in there, I would (j/k). I've only had the wires come out of 2 bras from machine washing - and they were old bras anyways.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              I wash my EVERYTHING in the washing machine. Hell, if I could put my dog in there, I would (j/k). I've only had the wires come out of 2 bras from machine washing - and they were old bras anyways.
              Well, I think part of the problem is that I changed the store I shop at. I used to buy my bras at Walmart, Zellers, Sears, wherever. Lately I've been buying them all at either Additionnelle or Penningtons, and they keep falling apart. Lesson learned
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Mine were machine washed, line dried. The wires always poked through while I was wearing them, though, hence the punctures. After the first time, I was very careful to make sure there were no holes before I put them on, but in the end, owie. :/

I *love* the ones I wear now, without underwires, but still totally supportive, despite my ampleness. It's a JCPenny brand called Underscore. And they are *made* for size D and above! (I'm an F) Had them for about 2 or 3 years now, and they're still in *very* good shape.

Almost forgot my one complaint. :P

Lost one or two of them during glassblowing class, after the plastic clips holding the straps on in the front of those two overheated, and melted. Very owie.

The surviving ones have the front of the strap sewn on to the main bra, with the only plastic being the ring in the back where the adjustible part of the strap is. (I had bought two different styles of the same brand, originally.)
                Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 07-01-2007, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I can actually find my bras @ Wally world. Vassarette brand (made by Wrangler) 36 or 38 C size - but my pants are the worst to find. I've changed from a size 12 petite to a 16-18 !!!! And now I'm shrinking again...

So I cheat and go across to the Men's section, and just get 36w X 29i pants. Whole lotta easier.

I found a store outside of Seattle, one of those Factory Outlets? Woot Woot....and i go shopping there every so often. Bras, panties and jeans, stock up!

As for shirts, I've changed from XL to L and M (depending on cut). Thrift stores for work shirts, and Old Navy/ Penneys for normal day shirts.

I"m glad I have normal boobs. (hush, Raps.) I have a friend who's a size G - I breast..and it costs her an arm and leg just for one freakin bra!!!!! (was worse when she was pregnant tho)

Now, let the flub keep shrinking and I'll be fine.

Cutenoob
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Hmm...I've only had the wire come out of 2 bras (and they were old suckers), and I'm a sinner and machine dry them.

Comment

I'm an A cup...try finding bras without padding! Come on...can't do it, can you? Just because I'm small doesn't mean I want to be made bigger...I'm fine with my size, why can't the companies who make this stuff be? I like a light lining (to avoid any embarassment when it's cold) but I don't need to look like I'm a whole size or 2 bigger! grr.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        I'm an A cup...try finding bras without padding! Come on...can't do it, can you? Just because I'm small doesn't mean I want to be made bigger...I'm fine with my size, why can't the companies who make this stuff be? I like a light lining (to avoid any embarassment when it's cold) but I don't need to look like I'm a whole size or 2 bigger! grr.
                        It's not just the small sizes. I'm a 36 C1/2 and I have trouble finding non-padded bras too. At Kohl's I have found a couple brands where the padding is just in the bottom for a little bit of push up that I can live with.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I have the same padding issue; i'm a 38C, and they are large enough thank you, without looking like i have foam torpedoes on my chest! I found Vanity Fair fits me best, and makes quite a few without padding. I also recently found them made out of model, which is a natural fabric; feels like very soft cotton...and they are wonderful for summer!

Comment

I handwash my bras: I'm a G cup and they're hugely expensive. I used to machine wash and yes, wires would come out. I'd just slide the wire back in and sew up the hole.

But it's easier for me to just dump them in the laundry tub with some soap, agitate them every time I pass for a while, then rinse them a couple of times. I do stockings, anything lace or beaded, and anything else fragile while I'm at it.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                            X