This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pojodan View Post
    I'm still wondering when I'll get my first stereotype comment due to my full beard.
    Your own personal soup storage unit, I see.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      One might argue that Chuck pulling the C card is foul play, but you know what? Next time asshole decides to bully someone, maybe he'll think twice. Next time it might have BEEN someone going though something awful. So screw that guy.
      I've never had cancer, but Chuck gets my forgiveness, for what it's worth.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        I've never had cancer, but Chuck gets my forgiveness, for what it's worth.
        I have and me too .

Comment

One of the ladies I used to work with either had alopecia or was having chemo (I didn't ask). She used to wear a headscarf.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My mom once was tempted to do something rather similar. I had dyed a green patch into my hair that had faded to a sort of green-hued blonde and we were in the store and some old biddies were tut-tut'ing about it. My mom told me later she was thinking really hard about yelling at them that I had some sort of weird disease and couldn't help what my hair looked like and they needed to go to hell for being so judgmental
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

One of our managers started bad mouthing her about the wig she got, let's just say I told my cousin what exactly to do, and that manager was no longer working at that store anymore (I think she might have been fired for that act).
              I can imagine. That kind of situation can turn into an HR nightmare if mishandled. Nothing like having a company get in trouble for allowing managers to harass people for medical conditions.

I asked him why he shaved his head (he was something like twenty two or three... a baby) and he confessed because he was balding pretty badly and figured he'd look better bald than sporting the whole male pattern thing.
              This. I've met some men who just looked good without hair. And yes the reason they shaved was the hairline.

Although I've also met some who shaved in support of friends who had cancer. And a couple who never had hair to begin with.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Yeah, when I worked for public television the youngest member of the crew was balder than a peeled onion.
                Balder than a peeled onion! I have got to remember that!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

One of my roomates has a receding hairline himself and shaves his head. His wife wants him to grow it out, even though it really doesn't look good longer. She even wants him to spike it.

Now me, I used to have long hair that I never took care of. I decided to just cut it cause I wanted to spike my hair. Haven't had people complain about it, just mostly older people calling me sir, which I sometimes ignore them. I do some crazy stuff with it, thinking of doing a mohawk soon, just gotta stop cutting my hair semi-military style lol. People seem to compliment me all the time, esp my regulars. They come in on their monthly visit and go "Oh, you changed your hair again. Looks good". Great ego booster. I'm waiting for the day that someone comes up to me and starts yelling at me and telling me to go to hell cause I am a lesbian and look like a man and blah blah blah.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
                    Now me, I used to have long hair that I never took care of. I decided to just cut it cause I wanted to spike my hair. Haven't had people complain about it, just mostly older people calling me sir, which I sometimes ignore them. I do some crazy stuff with it, thinking of doing a mohawk soon, just gotta stop cutting my hair semi-military style lol. People seem to compliment me all the time, esp my regulars. They come in on their monthly visit and go "Oh, you changed your hair again. Looks good". Great ego booster. I'm waiting for the day that someone comes up to me and starts yelling at me and telling me to go to hell cause I am a lesbian and look like a man and blah blah blah.
                    my story about being trashed for being an androgynous female
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My brother is another guy who shaves his head due to a receding hairline. Personally I think he looks best with his hair about an inch long, but whenever he lets it get that long, he shaves it off
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        I shaved my head recently. Not because of the Big C or chemo or because of any inherent evilness (though that IS there... ), but because my hairline's receding so much and thinning so much on top and going grayer and grayer that I finally decided "fuck it" and shaved it off. It's a lot easier to maintain, and it looks good on me, so what the hell.
                        This post is useless without a pic.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          This post is useless without a pic.
                          Bahhh, I knew someone was going to say this. Anyone who follows me on Twitter can see my big bald head (it's my Twitter avatar), but... fine.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                          X