Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Gaelic Storm, Off Kilter, Great Big Sea, Enter the Haggis. Dang it now I need to go find my music to listen to
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Have you not heard:

The Irish gave the Scots the pipes, and the Scots still haven't gotten the joke.

*snerk* Sorry, heard that one many years ago at the Scottish games.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I almost missed this thread.

You think this is bad? On St. Patrick's day I saw a parade. In Touristtrap Tennessee. It was St. Pat's so naturally this was a parade of....

.....Santas.

Must have been at least 100 Santas. All decked out in gorgeous costumes, nearly all of velvet. Mr. Claus was well represented too. These Santas all had real (not fake) flowing white beards, so they weren't youngsters. And did I mention wearing velvet? And did I mention it was 80 degrees?

The strangest one I saw was wearing a camo Santa suit, but with fur trim. And playing a bagpipe. And what was camo-Santa playing for St. Pat's day? Why the Marine Corps hymn, of course.

My brain broke.
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

@Sparky: Wha? But? Wha? *BSOD*
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Um Sparky, how much did you have to drink? Because the only way that works is if you had a lot to drink.

Or it is a sign that I need a lot to drink.

That made my head hurt. *goes off to find beer and/or rum*
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              @Sparky: Wha? But? Wha? *BSOD*
              That's what I said!

Quoth Elspeth View Post
              Um Sparky, how much did you have to drink? Because the only way that works is if you had a lot to drink.

Or it is a sign that I need a lot to drink.

That made my head hurt. *goes off to find beer and/or rum*
              No, no, I was sober! Okay, we had been to the place that has free moonshine tasting, but I had only had a taste. Didn't buy any.

There were families with kids lining the road. There were people handing out Jesus stickers. This really happened. There were witnesses! Besides me!

I found a previous year's parade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRpaLtkP_s
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 03-24-2012, 12:03 AM.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                No, no, I was sober!
                Wildwood weed seems likely. Had to fly down from the windmill...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                  I love Gaelic Storm, Off Kilter, Great Big Sea, Enter the Haggis. Dang it now I need to go find my music to listen to
                  o.o Elspeth, I love you. That is all.

Quoth Sparky View Post

You think this is bad? On St. Patrick's day I saw a parade. In Touristtrap Tennessee. It was St. Pat's so naturally this was a parade of....

.....Santas.

Must have been at least 100 Santas. All decked out in gorgeous costumes, nearly all of velvet. Mr. Claus was well represented too. These Santas all had real (not fake) flowing white beards, so they weren't youngsters. And did I mention wearing velvet? And did I mention it was 80 degrees?

The strangest one I saw was wearing a camo Santa suit, but with fur trim. And playing a bagpipe. And what was camo-Santa playing for St. Pat's day? Why the Marine Corps hymn, of course.

My brain broke.
                  First the wrong country, now the wrong saint. I've officially seen everything. O.o
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post

You think this is bad? On St. Patrick's day I saw <snip> a parade of....

.....Santas.

<SNIP>

The strangest one I saw was wearing a camo Santa suit...
                    <snip>
                    My brain broke.
                    My brain not only broke, but poured out of my ears and onto the arm of the chair.

Comment

I joke with Mr. Mis that not all of us can be perfect aka Irish. He usually just rolls his eyes at me.

Why do the Irish talk to themselves? because they want an intelligent conversation.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                        I joke with Mr. Mis that not all of us can be perfect aka Irish. He usually just rolls his eyes at me.

Why do the Irish talk to themselves? because they want an intelligent conversation.
                        I'll have to remember (a.k.a. USE) those!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          Have you not heard:

The Irish gave the Scots the pipes, and the Scots still haven't gotten the joke.

*snerk* Sorry, heard that one many years ago at the Scottish games.
                          Gah!

I'm Scottish and have stayed my whole life in Scotland (save holidays etc). I bl**dy hate "Scottish" military pipes, they're not even really Scottish - they are some Victorian English Lord's idea of Scottish, foisted on us by the bl**dy tourist board etc who use them to sell tat to tourists.

Try walking round Edinburgh during the fringe and you'll get to hate them as much as me.

Scotland has plenty of great music and musicians, why to we have to listen to that! The only decent musical piece I can think of with pipes is Nelson Mandella's Welcome to Glasgow.

I grew up with bands such as Capercaillie, Runrig, Dick Gaughan, The Corries etc. I've met a lot of them along with others through my parents who were involved in a number of events. People like Karen Matheson are infinitely more talented than the "pop stars" on mainstream media.

It's just a pity Scotland is pushed as some 14th century relic, even our national anthem does it. Count one vote for replacing it with Scotland will Flourish.

The Irish seem to have managed to balance their history and current state far better, the last time I was in Dublin I don't remember seeing anything as vomit causing as a "see you jimmy" hat or pair of tartan trews!

Speaking of the Dubliners, has anyone heard The Sick Note?

Neo-eisimeileachd na h-Alba
                          Last edited by Amadan; 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM.
                          Not y3k compatible

Comment

Working...
                          X