Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if it would blow his mind to find out that there are women that work as techs fixing trade-in consoles? Of course my job is just to stroke my male co-workers egos by asking them to help little old me who wouldn't know a wii from a 3ds. Why else would I be paid to be there? It couldn't be to actually repair consoles myself could it?

Had something similar happen to me today, though not in the gaming industry. My drivers side mirror on my little van decided to commit suicide just over a week ago, so I took the housing off and got my brother to drop it off at the glass place last thursday. Today I went to see if it was done, and found it sitting there waiting for me. When I told the guy that I was so glad to have it back since it is really hard without it, he asked if my hubby was going to put it on for me? I got confused and told him I wasn't married, plus it's my car. I took the housing off, and I can put it back on. Again he asked if hubby was going to put it back on for me, and I just said again, no, it's my car, I will put it back on. He then said oh well, if hubby has any trouble, just bring the car back and they can get someone to put it back on for me. I walked out confused, but then thought that the heat must have been getting to me and I didn't hear what I thought I had heard. When I got home and put the mirror back on with the 2 screws I had taken out (how ever could a woman know how to do that), I realised that the guy had said exactly what I had thought he said. Wonder if it would blow his mind if I told him that not only do I do the maintenance myself on the van (I'm not paying someone to do it for me, plus I live alone so it's me or it doesn't get done) but I have also done some more complicated repairs on it (broken gear selector cable band-aided to get by until I could get to the part store, then I replaced it with a little help from a friend).

Having boobs doesn't mean my brain doesn't work.

Comment

I'd love to meet that dude at a LAN center for a deathmatch of Unreal2k4. He will be seeing nothing but purple rain from my Shock Rifle for the entire duration of the match. Then, after that, take him to a basketball court and bust his ass in a game of 21, splashing wet jumpers in his face from start to finish. After finishing him off I'd go home to work on my computer that I custom built.

I refer to guys like him as "Penis Wielders." The ones who think they are superior to everyone and everything because their parts happen to dangle.
      Last edited by TheTigress; 01-30-2013, 04:45 AM.
      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

I blew a guy's mind at a parts shop once.

I drove a '63 Beetle at the time, and did most of the maintenance myself. I could do everything that didn't involve pulling the engine.

The alternator went out. In my bug, it was a little box about 4" x 3". I bypassed it with a big, long screwdriver, which I kept in the engine compartment. I needed some other tune-up things, too, so I made a list, including the model # for the alternator, because VW changed the one they used mid-year. Asking for the alternator for a '63 bug actually could have gotten me one of 3 different ones!

I had recently moved to Colorado from sea level, and had laid out in the sun too long. I had a bad burn at the top of my thighs, which meant I was wearing skirts all the time. Being fashion-minded in those days, it meant I wore heels, too. (Flat shoes were only for pants! ...1979...)

So pretty, feminine, skirted me pulled into the parts shop. It had a glass front. Since I planned on swapping out the alternator right there, I backed in (to keep from getting hit). I started reading my list to the counter guy, and realized that it would be faster just to hand it to him. He made the logical assumption... that someone (male) had given me the list. I paid, went out to the bug, squatted down carefully, popped the hood, grabbed my screwdriver and swapped the alternator. As I got up to go start the car, i looked up, and the counter guy was

I've always enjoyed that kind of thing.
        I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
        - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Paxillated, are you familiar with TVTropes? One theme they cover is "Wrench wench". You'd probably get along well with Gail Saunders (fictional character in "Wings of Gold book IV Top Gun" by T.E. Cruise).

In the "Miss Tri-county" episode of Dukes of Hazzard, Daisy was unable to assemble a carburetor in the dark (Hogg's trickery) - because pieces were missing (Hogg again). She did announce that this was why she wasn't able to do it.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
            I wonder if it would blow his mind to find out that there are women that work as techs fixing trade-in consoles? Of course my job is just to stroke my male co-workers egos by asking them to help little old me who wouldn't know a wii from a 3ds. Why else would I be paid to be there? It couldn't be to actually repair consoles myself could it?

Having boobs doesn't mean my brain doesn't work.
            I'm just wondering how much his mind would be blown to know that women serve in the military too - as techs!

port & stbd. BLEH. Nothing quite like working 84-hour weeks. (and actually it's usually more than that cos of turnovers, & cleaning-hours)

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
              *snip* I've always enjoyed that kind of thing.
              Mom does too. I got into a discussion with campus security because my car wouldn't start. Everything in the cab came on just fine, including the radio. It just wouldn't turn over. Security thought it was the battery and wanted to give me a jump. I told him it wasn't the battery, because the electronics inside came on just fine, but there was no click for a turn over. I had just called Mom collect (no cell at the time) and she came down to look at it.

What she did was stupid, dangerous and dropped the guy's jaw. She told me to try starting it and sighed, "Starter's either going out or the wire is loose. Just a sec and I'll know more." She pulled a big wrench and a heavy set of thick rubber work gloves from the truck and said, "We're going to bypass it and I never want to see you do this." She smacked the starter's posts with the wrench, when I turned the key... which got the car running. "And if you turn the engine off I will kill you."

I did file the trick away for future reference, but she doesn't need to know that. Oh, and it was a loose wire and Dad had it fixed in a matter of minutes.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Thank god the GS employees where the nephew and I go are all awesome. I pity the employee, though, that tries that shit when the nephew is with me. Actually, come to think of it, I'd have to tell the guy off myself. It's just I can hear my nephew in my head, ranting and raving. I can also hear my dear mother, calling the misogynist GS worker every name in the book. I have to say, I'd probably take a page from her book, were I ever in that situation.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  the only reason he should care about either is if he wanted to game with me or date me and neither being the case I was leaving.
                  Gold!

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  Make the best you can supply the most of do the most work.
                  Or, "Quantity has a quality of its own."

Comment

What she did was stupid, dangerous and dropped the guy's jaw.
                    One of my friends back when I was in "A" school use to keep a wrench in his car for exactly that use.

don't know if he ever got the starter fixed or not.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Paxillated, are you familiar with TVTropes?
                      Careful. TVTropes is one of the biggest time sinks I've ever come across.

I am much more of a gamer than hubs (though Li'l Bro has me beat on that). I prefer RPG and puzzle type games, though I'm not opposed to random violence every now and then (Mortal Kombat FTW!). Betcha that moron couldn't get past the Deku tree in OoT. He's probably one of those foul-mouthed 10-year old idjits on X-box Live who thinks CoD is real gaming.*

And when it comes to most computer stuff, hubs asks me for help. I'm the one who manages his iTunes and I set up most of our home theater stuff (he did help with some of it because I'd been looking at it for so long I was going cross-eyed and needed a fresh perspective. We have a rather complex set up). And I just about made his life when I introduced him to emulators. Now he can play "real Zelda"--because every other Zelda game besides the original is "fake Zelda"--and Contra, etc.

*Nothing against CoD, but some people think it's the only game out there and they are hardcore gamers because they play it.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I'm a second gen girl gamer. My mom was hardcore back when that ment running to the arcade as soon as you got your allowance to defend your high score. She was also into DnD. She would have ripped that guy into peices and then had him fired.
                        Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                          Betcha that moron couldn't get past the Deku tree in OoT.
                          And then watch his head explode with the Water Temple.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm so not looking forward to the Water Temple. Even though it's supposed to be easier in the 3D version.
                            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                              I'm so not looking forward to the Water Temple. Even though it's supposed to be easier in the 3D version.
                              Not so much easier, but less annoying due to the way they changed how boots work. Now you can toggle them off and on with the button, like how it is in WW and TP.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                                And then watch his head explode with the Water Temple.
                                Ah, yes, the legendary Water Temple. It wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't for the constant boot switching.
                                My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                                My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Working...
                                X