Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What is the most PROMINENT sign you have seen an SC ignore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    DANGER
    DO NOT ENTER
    CONSTRUCTION PERSONEL ONLY

In appropriate colours and sizing. I've looked at this sign many many times and have never been able to see the fine print that reads: "unless this is your new workstation and you're curious about how it will look, then it's okay, but only if you tiptoe through the area". I mean that fine print must be there because on every site I've worked at, at least a half dozen people per day tiptoe through to take a look. I'll be damned if I can find that print though.

From the other side, my favorite dollar store has signs at the entrance, in every aisle, on every cash register "CASH ONLY, No debit, cheque, or credit card". As if that's not bad enough, the answer to the clerks statement of "CASH ONLY" is always "okay, I'll use my debit then".
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
      I'll be damned if I can find that print though.
      It must be written in special invisible ink...being an SC makes it glow or something...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        That's hilarious, Juwl.
        I was looking at that link just before I came to CS this morning, and my sleep-addled mind said: "Fark it, I'd pick a door at random and sit in whatever toilet-style happens to be in there."
        Last edited by Imogene; 04-28-2007, 03:36 AM. Reason: Clarification, and Speeling
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Probably either:

NO PUBLIC RESTROOM

or

WII CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK

or

PROPER ID REQUIRED FOR ALL TRADE INS

Or my personal favourite

CREDIT AND DEBIT NOT WORKING. CASH ONLY!

Comment

At the hotel I work at, people can not understand what "SORRY...SOLD OUT" means. They will come to the desk, after reading the sign on the door, and ask if we have any rooms. I inform them that we are indeed sold out. They then ask if I'm sure and then proceed to huff and storm out.

When I worked at the movie theater, the sign saying "ORDER HERE" apparently confused many people. People formed their own lines and then got mad when we wouldn't serve them.

Comment

Pretty much every sign on the interstate, plus road signs. This is how people end up on the wrong side of the interstate, in the wrong county, or in the wrong state when trying to find my hotel. The record holder in this pursuit got off at the wrong exit and took the wrong road 23 miles, to the wrong town in the wrong county before calling us to ask where the hell we were. When it was pointed out to her what she had done and where she had ended up, she got very upset and just cancelled her reservation instead.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

This not so much a SIGN per se, but when they call our call desk, the manufacturer's name is mentioned repeatedly. Not to mention that when we answer the phone, it is with *manufacturer*'s name as well.
                Yet, we STILL get people saying "Hi, I have a *competitor's product* - can you help me with it??"
                And then they act all surprised when we tell them that, NO, we can NOT help them, they are at the wrong company.
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Not the most prominent thing in the world, but odd none the less: the "Free Admission" sign when I was volunteering at a concert.

Prominent? How about the HUGE LETTERS SPANNING OVER THE STORE that says the NAME OF THE STORE >< No joke, I have people come inside asking me what store this was, or if this was -big chain store across the street-
                  6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Ok i have one.... well three.......
                    My current job: Before you enter, at the board, and along the drive thru lane there are signs saying 'The drive thru is for cars and trucks only. For your safety Pedestrians and Bicyclests will not be served here.'
                    First time- a man in an electronic wheel chair goes up to the board and orders. We do take and finish his order because we didnt realise he was on a wheel chair and the drive thru was slow, but informed that if he went through the drive thru again on his wheel chair we would refuse him serves because it was too dangerous for him. He left in a houff and never came back.
                    Second time- We where haveing a company christmas party and where closing the store for a few hours. Right as we where setting up three kids, who had bikes walk. We point to the sign on the door which says that we where closed, and tell them they have to leave. The go out read the hours on the door and yell real loudly, YOU DON'T CLOSE TELL MIDNIGHT!!!!, and get on their bikes and ride off. We finished cleaning up and as we do hear a beep telling us someone has entered the drive thru. We hear the voices of the boys over the intercom. I get on and tell them first off we cant serve people on bikes in the drive thru and that we already told them we cant serve them. THEY IGNORE TWO LARGE SINGS.
                    The third- a woman in an electronic wheel chair (do people in wheel chairs think they dont count as pedestrians????) comes through the drive thru, in the middle of the night, which is why we have the signs, they can get hit and injured. She doesnt order anythign at the board she justs pulls up to the window, and using a grappy claw thing picks up pennys people dropped there...... OMG IS FIVE CENTS REALLY WORTH YOUR LIFE???? what if some kids pulled up to the board, desided they didnt want anything, and hit the gas and peeled out of there???? its happened.
                    My other signs are, the Pay Here Order Her signs, and a no public restroom sign at my last job. The pay here/order here signs where eventually read.... but the public bathroom ones where always funny.
                    We would get women who read the sighs outside, march inside look around, and ask to use the rest room. Or sometimes constructions guys, who didnt see the sign. The guys alway applogised when they heard we didnt have a public restroom, and we let people back to wash their hands some times. The one i thought was most amusing was a woman who read out signs advertiseing a deal (right next to our no Public restroom sign by the way) walked, waited in line and order her food. At register, as she was pay she asked where the rest room was. I point to the other bo public restroom sign on the office door and said 'i'm sorry we dont have one. She YELLED AT ME!!! 'Isn't there a law that saws public resteraunts have to have public restrooms?!? Where is it???? I know theres a law, i own a business myself' i then calmy, and fighting a smile i might add, reply ' You are right ma'am there is a law that says that, but that law doesnt cover buildings and business this old' the business had been there since the chain of stores basically opened it was that old 'There is an exception in the law that covered business like ours with limited space and buildings like ours, saying we dont ahve to have them if it would hinder our business.' the lady glares at me because i contridicted her, threw her money at my manager who came out to ring her up, and stormed out. When she left i heard her tell a friend who was waiting for her 'lets get out of this store. Is so ******* stupid!!! They don't even obey the law!!! Im calling the ******* BBB!!! MAYBE I'LL SUE!!!' lol my boss had been tring to figure a way to put in public restrooms for years, but there was no way to do so with out getting rid of half or storage and prep area or trying to buy one of the shops next to ours..... and it was a great thing that law covered that or my boss would have been sued probably. Actually i heard that lady tried to press charges, the police told her she couldn't we where doing anythign illegal, and then she tried to sue, but no lawyer would take the case because we where clearly advertising our lack of restrooms, and every time one went out to check if there was any possible way they could come up with one. Because we changed the sign every 6 months so it wouldnt fade, and right when you came in, if you missed the two on the door and in the window, you saw the bright red and white sign on the door.... I loved it when people didnt read the sign and go pissed and went to another resteraunt to use their restroom

Comment

You mean, an SC with a frivolous lawsuit created by their own ignorance failed? So maybe there IS some modicum of hope for the world then......
                      "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                      James from Pokémon.

Comment

OH! I know!

PLEASE WAIT TO BE SEATED!!!

That way nobody discovers random people back in Lotto who get cranky and demand that they were ignored, when in all reality they sat themselves.

Oh, and the infamous:

PLEASE WAVE HAND OVER RED LIGHT TO RECIEVE PAPER TOWEL.

(this has been posted at least 4 times all over the stupid thing....I should post on this later.)
                        check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Keep reading...

Let's see, I've only got two and they're both minor.

I work in fast food. We have 9 combo meals that come with drinks. One does not. This is indicated by *one* sentence. "All combos come with a large drink of any flavor, however the grande meal does not"

At least once a day, someone orders the grande meal. As per Taco Bell policy, I must ask them if they want a drink if they had not ordered one already.

Me: Okay, I have you down for one grande meal with all soft tacos. Would you like a drink with that?
                          SC: Doesn't it come with one already?
                          Me: No sir it doesn't
                          SC: But it says here that all combos do
                          Me: Keep reading sir.
                          SC: ...oh. No drink then

I work a second job too, cashier. We have seven cash registers all lined up in a row. However, during off-peak hours only one is open. We put up big signs in front of the inactive registers that "This register closed. Please use this one --------->". Of course that doesn't stop people.

Comment

When I sell a computer, there are at least three boxes the customer gets. One is the box that the computer tower came in, the one that holds the monitor, and the one that holds the software and manuals.

I make a sign on neon orange paper that says "This computer comes with a 30 day trial version of Norton Anti-Virus. You must either:

a: Pay for a one year license from Norton
                            b: Buy and install a copy of Norton Anti-Virus
                            -or-
                            c: Buy and install a copy of any other Anti-Virus you preferr (McAffee, AVG, etc)

before the 30 days is up in order to protect your computer from the over 50,000 viruses running rampant on the internet.

Now I put one in the software box, tape one to the screen of the monitor, tape one to the side of the computer and place one just under the lid of the tower box.

Four (4) 8.5x11 inch flaming orange warnings in the biggest font I can use and still fit all that on the paper.

I still people bringing in new computers with more viruses than Typhoid Mary and they all tell me "Why the [fornication] didn't you warn me!"

Mongo
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

At the pet shop, there was this African Grey parrot next to the till. With my own fair hands, I placed a sign that was written with black magic marker on bright neon yellow card stating the legend, "DON'T TOUCH THE PARROT." If I'd been paid a tenner every time someone ignored the sign and put their hands in the cage and got attacked by said parrot, I would have been able to retire at the age of 24.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh Yeah! people and pet shops!

'keep fingers out of cages' (ignored, blood everywhere!)
                                'do not feed the animals (result guinea pig & sausage roll= ex-guinea pig)
                                Staff only (which is read as 'please ignore person serving tocome into the office and harrass someone trying to eat their lunch)

'pull' on the door (c'mon folks, that ones easy)

and the winner has to be

Buy TWO get ONE FREE

customers want it buy one get one free, and on items not on the poster

and of course the idiot that gave me a row for NOT havin a sign telling him not to let the rabbit out of its cage (not that I believe he would have been able to read such a sign....)
                                "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

Working...
                                X