Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What is the most PROMINENT sign you have seen an SC ignore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth zelper View Post
    DO NOT PASS THIS POINT. DANGER OF DEATH.

Yet still, the drunk students go wandering along the track in search of...um...actually why DO they go wandering along the tracks?
    Urban exploration. I've read marvellous stories of people exploring dangerous subway tunnels. It's the only thrill I could live with

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      In one case, there was a famously bad tempered Leadbeater's Cockatoo that had a habit of acting all sweet and coy, and when a person approached him, he'd attack. He was really something. And he could talk, which made it even worse.

We warned this one guy to quit with the fingers. Yes, we know the bird looks cute and sweet. He's not, okay? Trust us, that bird is a scammer. He waited till we were walking away, then tried it again.

The screams were quite possibly the most satisfying sounds I have ever heard in my entire life.
      SUPA WINNAH!!!
      I SO wish I could see something like that. I want that bird myself. Put it in a store, put the sign up, and watch the SC's handle themselves.
      "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
      James from Pokémon.

Comment

Pretty much every sign on the interstate, plus road signs.
        Man does this remind me of my ex-wife. She couldn't find her ass with both hands and she was a size 20.

She was moving back to Tucson from Southwestern PA., a little village called Hopwood. I helped load the rental truck, (yep, we're still friends, kinda) got exact directions printed out from Mapquest, printed maps of the route and drew the route on the maps. The route has a few major turns on it, especially going from one interstate to another, but anyone with any sense of direction should be able to read any combination of the text, mapquest or printed maps I supplied her with. I even went over the first few miles of the trip, knowing that she is direction-challenged. She had a few phone calls to make so I left for home (an hour drive), leaving her to finish up at her own pace.

Fast forward 8 hours.

Ex-wife calls, it's 6:30pm. She should be getting close to Indianapolis, if not further.

EW: my ex
        ME:

ME: Hey Donna, How's it going. You make it to Indianapolis yet?

EX: NO, I can't find anything that looks like the map. I think you screwed up the directions.

ME: Where are you?

EX: I don't know. I've been driving in circles for an hour. I'm lost.

ME: Are you driving or are you stopped?(She has a cell)

EX: I'm stopped.

ME: Well, what are you close to? Are there any signs?

She tells me to hold on and I wait for maybe a minute.

EX: I'm in Newark, Delaware.

ME:

All of the directions I gave her, the typed text directions, the step-by-step Mapquest directions, even the individual maps with the route marked in flourescent green made no difference. I forgot the most important direction...

Turn left out of the driveway.

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Yeah, I read your little sign...

Don't stop me if you've heard this, cause I'm dying to hear it again.. .

The pizza joint I managed was being remodeled. A major operation, walls, counters and carpets replaced, booths reupholstered. We were closed for a week.

Construction vehicles parked in the lot. Our ovens, salad bar, buffet line, and our tables were stacked in the parking lot.\

Both of our doors were covered from top to bottom and from side to side with signs announcing that we were temporarily closed, why we were temporarily closed, apologizing for the inconvenience, and when we expected to re-open.

People would park in the lot of the store next door (because our lot was filled with construction trucks, and our ovens, salad bar etc. etc.), walk to the fire exit doors, read the fire exit signs (FIRE EXIT ONLY--very confusing), be stymied by the absence of any means to open said fire exit from outside, walk to the entrance, study the sign, then come in, walk across bare concrete, past the guy working the thousand-decibel tile saw, walk up to the front counter (which wasn't there anymore) and ask what the special was.

After a couple days of this Unkle Tony was feeling ... fragile.

On Day 3, Yuppie Dimwit walked in, while the counters were being installed. He asked about the day's specials.

I asked him if he had read the sign outside.

He told me, "Yes, I read your little sign. What do you mean when you say you're closed?"

I blinked. Hard, and said "Excuse me?" (Or "Come again?" The years have not been kind.)

"Yes, just what is it you mean by 'closed?'" Clearly, he was genuinely confused by this.

I blinked again. Hard. And then I ROARED, "OUT! YOU DUMB MOTHER<bad word>. Get OUT!! WHAT ARE YOU <bad word>ING STUPID!!!!" And I chased him out of the store, roaring the same thing again and again.

He just made it to his car before I could grab him.

I walked back in and went back to what I was doing.

My DISTRICT MANAGER, a man known far and wide for bending over backwards to appease the most asinine of SCs, looked me in the eye and said, "So THAT's what you look like when you're mad," and went back to what he was doing.
          I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
            Probably either:

WII CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
            First day the Wii was available for order, I wandered over to a Gamestop near the house, noted hastily-scrawled red ink note on a piece of paper taped to the window: "We are out of pre-sells for the Wii." Eh... me? I was there to peruse the used GameBoy Advance games, cause you never know when something spectacular will be available. Plus, I had an application pending, so, I was shmoozing my ass off, trying to get out of the hell hole that was McD's. I ask the guy at the counter "How many people have asked to pre-order a Wii?"
            "Not many..."
            Not had the last word left his lips, than a guy on crutches (I know!) staggers into the store, up to the counter, and asks...
            Wait for it...
            "Can I pre-order a Wii?"
            I give the clerk a look that screams, "I thought so!", checked my irony gauge, and wandered off down the strip mall, for some exercise.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth volatile View Post
              OUT OF ORDER

Guess what was out of order...and who had to clean up the mess.
              Toilet? You?

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Not an SC story but..

I was driving in the country just outside my city when I passed a whole bunch of road hazard signs. It was nighttime and drizzling and my brain wasn't all there working for me. So when I soared over the washed out bridge and totaled my car coming down on the other side of it, I can't lay blame on it for anyone but myself.

Ever seen the movie "Roadtrip" where the car jumps the broken bridge? Same thing, except my car didn't explode.
                Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

A large sign on every front door saying "Closed due to power failure".

Watching SC's look right at the sign, their watch, then bang on the door (when it's obvious there's no power - no lights on inside).

Better yet, when they're too wrapped up in their cellphone and walk right into the door face first, expecting the electric door to open without electricity.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                    Urban exploration. I've read marvellous stories of people exploring dangerous subway tunnels. It's the only thrill I could live with
                    I suspect alcohol has a rather large part to play.

Your comment 'i could live with' amused me. Live with if you don't get electrocuted or run over by a train first.
                    Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                      Better yet, when they're too wrapped up in their cellphone and walk right into the door face first, expecting the electric door to open without electricity.
                      We had a women do that the last time we lost power. Except she wasn't on a cell phone, and her face literally hit the glass right in front of the sign my manager posted. She was swearing like you wouldn't believe when she walked away.
                      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

At the tiger exhibit in Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, they've got ropes a couple of feet away from the glass, signs saying do not cross ropes. The reason being that the tigers sometimes get spooked and will attack. No danger of them getting through, but scary as hell to the dumbass at the glass.

Anyways, a guide was telling a story explaining why you should not go to the glass. Some tough guy K-fed wannabe was at the glass, tapping, making a pest of himself. Before staff could remove him, a tiger did the job for them. It leaped up from out of nowhere and slammed the glass. K-fed screamed, fell back ass over teakettle, and ummmmm... needed some cleanup. The tiger strutted away satisfied. I don't know how true the story is, but damn it sounds funny.
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                        Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                          Pretty much every sign on the interstate, plus road signs. This is how people end up on the wrong side of the interstate, in the wrong county, or in the wrong state ....
                          I work in a suburb of Milwaukee, so roughly an hour from the state line, give or take. You would not believe how often we get people wanting to know how to get to Detroit. Normally this is bad enough, but then we find out that these people started their road trip in...Indianapolis. ::sigh::
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

so i work at mrs. fields in the boise, idaho mall. it's just like any fast food place with the counter right up there where any customer can come up. it's cool, whatever. we also have a neon green sign, size 60something font that says:
                            "PLEASE HANG UP YOUR CELLPHONE BEFORE STEPPING UP TO THE COUNTER OR YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED. THANK YOU."
                            that sign gets ignored so many times. once, a woman walked up to the counter while i was baking, talking on her cellphone. she looked at the sign and said into the phone "heh. get this. they want us to get off our phones before we order." she stood there for few minutes talking and then looked at me and said, "HEY! you gonna help me or just stand there being lazy?" (still baking, mind you)
                            i just stood there, looked at her, looked at the sign, and went back to what i was doing. she called me a b***h and stormed off.
                            mrs fields: serving sarcasm one cookie at a time

"m'fashnik...is that like mm cookies?" ~dawn summers

Comment

I worked in a small theatre in New York City that was on the 4th floor of a high rise building. Naturally if you didn't know where the theatre was it would be difficult to find. That is why for every show in there were a MINIMUM of 8 signs in the entry of the build that gave the name of the show, the name of the theatre, and had big arrows showing which way to go to get to the theatre and I STILL had people come up to me and complain that there were NO signs telling where the theatre was.

On at least two occasions I went down to the entryway to make sure the signs hadn't been removed, or that I hadn't accidentally slipped into a parallel universe, and both times I counted 8 signs or more.

The worst part....There was another theatre on the first floor of the same building and their box office was located in the entryway. I have no idea how many of our patrons were ravening SC's to the guy that worked down there but I will always hold a little sadness in my heart for that poor fellow.
                              You mess with me, you dance in the dark!

Comment

I think pretty much every sign at my theatre qualified for being ignored, but the best had to be every time we put the "This theatre is currently being cleaned. We apologize for any inconvenience" directly in front of the doors. You literally had to move the sign to get in to the theatre. You can guess what happens from there.
                                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                                X