Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What is the most PROMINENT sign you have seen an SC ignore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also had a huge sign on neon pink card that read "The Pet Centre Is NOT A Creche" and SCs ignored that, too. -__-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

We not allowed to put a sign like that up

but then people never read the signs anyway
      "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

We had to, after a visit from a child labled Rosemary's Baby for a very good reason; he let a rabbit out and pulled all the hay bales off the shelf. Not that anyone took any notice of it, but at least I could say there was a sign if anyone complained.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Its not really a sign but more of common sense. Don't walk up to a drive up window especially at the bank! You wouldn't believe how many people would walk up expecting us to process their deposits. One SC actually told me that somebody from inside the bank told her so! Granted the teller was new and didn't know but common sense would have clicked! We should have a sign that says, NO CAR NO SERVICE! but that would piss people off.

Comment

The resort I worked had this remarkable little building that was rented out as a premium room. Here's a pic

Obviously people were curious about the building and would often walk on the patio and cup their hands and stare in the window. This caused problems with the quests currently renting the room and having to deal with people staring in at them.

So the resort had this big hand painted wooden sign that informed people that this was a guest room and to please not trespass. It also read that if they had any questions or wanted to arrange a tour to please contact front desk. People would actually read the sign and promptly go to the windows and peek in.
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

In my store it is the DO NOT EXIT ALARM WILL SOUND on the emergency door.

What is funny from a couple of weeks ago, is we had some guy start to go to the door and both me and my co-worker yelled "No, dont go out that door" twice at him, but does he listen or read the sign. Of course not!

Comment

Quoth tintaglia View Post
                'keep fingers out of cages' (ignored, blood everywhere!)

and of course the idiot that gave me a row for NOT havin a sign telling him not to let the rabbit out of its cage
                Any chance these two are related?
                "... It's just a stupid bunny rabbit."
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Our store has been at this location for decades and has an older, less open store design (there's a gray divider slat wall that divides the frickin thing, unlike most modern big box warehouse looking stores we actually have drop cieling ).

Anyway, there's a huge HUGE sign above every department. The foremost department is iPod & MP3. It is a Huge. HUGE. HUGE SIGN. IT IS HANGING AND IT IS HUGE IN FACT THERE ARE IPOD DISPLAYS AND BOSE SOUND DOCKS EVERYWHERE!

I am positioned in the back of the store, in the poor lonely technology/technician section. If I could bloody count to you the number of times I've had somebody wander up from the front doors "Deeer where are the iPods? I want an iPod!" and I just point behind them. I'm at the point where I'm like "See the big sign? There."

Comment

This is something I was witness to a long time ago. A friend of my mom's is a hair dresser and owns her own salon.

On her storefront it says "No public restroom. Sorry"

I was getting my hair cut by one of her employee's and this guy comes in.

SC = Stupid customer, had to be atleast in his 40's
                    MF = Mother's Friend

SC: "You guys have a toilet here?"
                    MF: "Yes we do"
                    SC: "Where is it?"
                    MF: "In the back"
                    SC: "Thanks"

SC starts walking to the back of the salon. She steps infront of the door to the back.

MF: "Sorry you can't go back there"
                    SC: "Why the hell not. I need to use the bathroom, and you said I could"
                    MF: "I never said that."
                    SC: "Yes you did!"
                    MF: "All you asked was if we had one and where it was located. I never said anything about you being allowed to use it."

The SC walks out of the salon.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

'keep fingers out of cages' (ignored, blood everywhere!)

A common zoo occurance. Mostly birds. A macaw or a cockatoo can take a finger off. They can crack walnuts. Hell, it was not all that rare to come in to find dead squirrells with their skulls crushed hanging half in and half out of the enclosure. We'd tell people this. The minute our backs were turned, the fingers went back into the enclosure.

In one case, there was a famously bad tempered Leadbeater's Cockatoo that had a habit of acting all sweet and coy, and when a person approached him, he'd attack. He was really something. And he could talk, which made it even worse.

We warned this one guy to quit with the fingers. Yes, we know the bird looks cute and sweet. He's not, okay? Trust us, that bird is a scammer. He waited till we were walking away, then tried it again.

The screams were quite possibly the most satisfying sounds I have ever heard in my entire life.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        The screams were quite possibly the most satisfying sounds I have ever heard in my entire life.
                        That made my day!
                        "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post

What makes it worse is the Sat hours did not change at all for the pharmacy, their hours were extended or changed every day except Sat (Mon-Fri change from 9-9 to 8-10, Sun hours moved from 9-5 to 10-6). It's still 9-6, just like it has been since before I started working there 4 years ago, and people still come up to me on Saturday nights to ask what the pharmacy hours are.
                          Yep. And then they come to my store, complain that you guys closed, but can we fill their script off of an old bottle of yours? No? I'm never coming here again!

Large signs: The giant, freakish 24 HOUR signs posted on the sides of the building, plus smaller ones by the front doors, by the drivethrough, and by the pharmacy out-window. Yet...I still get asked when we open or close.

The giant freak WINDOW CLOSED- PLEASE GO TO OUT WINDOW sign, which people actually just push aside, lean over the counter, and holler down the pharmacy for service. Uh....you just might want to come where the people are, bud.

It's not a particularly large sign, but on the pharmacy door there's one that states that we only allow authorized personnel past this point. Yet, after directing people to the bathroom, many will try to go to the pharmacy door. One, there's a sign. Two, I have yet to see a bathroom door that has GLASS in it. Have you ever seen one? Was that a bathroom that you really wanted to use?

Comment

OUT OF ORDER

Guess what was out of order...and who had to clean up the mess.

Comment

DO NOT PASS THIS POINT. DANGER OF DEATH.

Yet still, the drunk students go wandering along the track in search of...um...actually why DO they go wandering along the tracks?
                              Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

My most prominent version of this ever was when our shop closed.

I got a bedsheet. I did my best to find shoe polish and had to settle for a marker pen. I wrote "I assure you, we are closed" on it. The Boss was indignant that I had wasted a bedsheet for no good reason, but I hung it outside the shop anyway whilst we worked on taking the fixtures and fittings out.

Damn, but that attracted the loonies.

One of these days, I'm going to try and find the disposable camera I used to take photos of that. I need to see if the thing's developable after all this time (thirty months or so).

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X