Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have paper at the register to wrap breakables. A lady asks for some, and I pull out a sheet. But she wants white paper. I show her that we don't have plain white, and she decides that the one with the wood grain pattern will be okay. This isn't supposed to be wrapping for presents, people.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• The common sense reaction when you see an employee sorta-powerwalking in your direction with a plastic basket full of glass bottles (when it's busy, no handtrucks on the floor for obvious reasons; the baskets aren't designed for that weight so I had to hold it in both arms) is get out of the way as much as possible like everyone around you. NOT step in my path...on second thought, go ahead. When I fall on you and glass goes everywhere, there are plenty of witnesses that you and you alone caused whatever damage/injury may result.

(luckily, the closest QSR counter to the warehouse had just run very low on drinks so I could offload right away)
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• One my sister just heard on the radio where the host was talking with callers about rude customers:

Man is in line at the pharmacy. He has his cell phone in his hand. The pharmacist starts to tell him about his medication - how to take it, what it's for, side effects, etc. - Customers shushes the pharmacist while he orders a pizza by phone, to be delivered to his house, going through the entire spiel of what he wanted on the pizza, etc., while the pharmacist has to wait for this jackass to finish before she can finish telling about his medication.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I wonder if, after the customer got off the phone, the pharmacist had the guts to add something to the warnings about the medication. "In the 48 hour period before, and the 48 hour after, taking this medication, do not under any circumstances consume dairy and tomato products within 6 hours of each other".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Yes love, I'm sure your local MP will be really interested to hear that there is a big jump in your insurance premium when you want to make a change to it.
            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• If you have a nut allergy (or any food allergy for that matter), common sense would tell you to read the ingredient list on the back of the back to see if said product has that item. It's even made easy for you as they are listed in bold so you can pick them out from the rest of the list.

This woman didn't do that. Nope. She didn't read the product ingredient list on the back of her pack of chocolate and came back to the store not five minutes later wanting a refund because she is allergic to nuts.

*face palm*

Comment

• The vast majority of chocolates we sell contain hazelnuts in some form (whole, crushed or in the chocolate itself). Doesn't stop people from complaining that this chocolate they want to buy contains nuts...we have some that don't, but unless the label states pure milk or dark chocolate I don't want to speculate what's safe or not safe.

Part of me is waiting for the first attempted lawsuit after someone with a nut/hazelnut allergy buys a bar that clearly says "hazelnuts" and has a reaction.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Hence the warnings on some jars of peanut butter "May contain peanuts".
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• The last handgun we bought came with a bright red sticker that said "Warning: Operation could cause injury or death." My sweetie and I both agree that if that isn't a possibility with any handgun we are considering owning...we won't buy it.

My MMC* vape oil comes with a warning card because the product could cause euphoria, lethargy, increased appetite and is possibly addictive.

I actually keep and collect ridiculous warning labels, I could go on for a very long time.

To my customer today, just because I work for the government doesn't mean that I have any say about anything is done. I am not able to move our office to somewhere closer to you.

I understand that you chose to live out in the sticks because its cheap and I'm sorry that there aren't any medical facilities close to you. I have no power to do anything about that either.

I am timed on my interviews and there are a lot of people waiting for you to leave so I can help them. You spent 30 of my 46 allotted minutes screaming at me over those issues. If you don't have proof of all the things I need to verify, I am only required to make 1 phone call. I made my phone call and here is the list of things I need you to bring back, and here are some forms that you can take to have filled out and signed.

For the record, I am more than willing to make as many calls as I need to complete the case and give someone their benefits right away if they work with me. Screaming at me so loudly that security guards are standing over them while they are sitting at a phone kiosk doesn't make me feel like you are working with me.

*Medical Marijuana Card=get a doctor to say that your ailments might be helped by using THC on an as needed basis, then pay a yearly fee to the state for the card.
                    Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 12-17-2016, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                      To my customer today, just because I work for the government doesn't mean that I have any say about anything is done.
                      This sounds familiar. It's not the same situation, but same principle: I work for the company but I can't control how long it takes to get your account fixed* nor can I go into the past and change the fact that you signed a legally binding contract nor can I force the powers that be to abandon their decision to put cancellations on hold until 2017. (I'm a peon: a second tier peon, but one nonetheless). Those things you don't like don't mean our entire staff is inept. Our computer system is inept, and thus all the problems to fix, but the people who do the computer work to fix them are going as fast as they can and I fix it as far as the computer will allow me to before sending it to them.

*OK, there are a couple of things I can do that help move it along but ultimately I can't make it be a week. It's going to take as long as it takes,which is at least a month at this point in most cases. Heck, they're still on the tickets from August. Yelling at me doesn't help.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Urg, I know the fabric is plaid and you want me to cut on the line, but the policy is that we only cut on the line for woven fabrics and this is printed fabric. Yeah, the plaid is large, and is running super crooked, I GET IT. You just have to buy more and straighten it yourself. Yes that means you will have to buy fabric that is "useless" to you. I have personally cut this fabric on the line, and found that on 9" it was off by 1," so the plaid is not printed either straight or consistent, this WHY THE POLICY EXISTS.

I freaking cut on the line because the women were so crotchety. We all went away pissed.

Comment

• Plaid-patterned flannel must be an exercise in sewing masochism. The stuff comes on the bolt super-warped from the tension with which it was wrapped onto the cardboard, plus the print is often crooked on the fabric to begin with (because it is so cheap), then the stuff just shrinks and pills like the dickens with wash and wear anyway. I've tried sewing with flannel once...never again!

Comment

• No, WE did not ruin your anniversary. YOU asked us to call you a cab. YOU were not in the lobby when it came. YOU didn't answer your room phone. YOU didn't give us a cell number to reach you on. YOU ruined your anniversary.
                            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth chimera View Post
                              Plaid-patterned flannel must be an exercise in sewing masochism. The stuff comes on the bolt super-warped from the tension with which it was wrapped onto the cardboard, plus the print is often crooked on the fabric to begin with (because it is so cheap), then the stuff just shrinks and pills like the dickens with wash and wear anyway. I've tried sewing with flannel once...never again!
                              The only plaid flannel I've worked with was the yarn-dyed flannel and it sewed very nicely. It's quite a bit thicker than the regular stuff. I make baby blankets and burp clothes from the cheap flannel, and it's fine. Yup, it shrinks but I haven't had much pilling. I think some is just crappier. The plaid that the women were so fussy about was actually a fleece.

Oh, I forgot a complaint. Lady today comes up and wants all these cuts of one yard. I mean, two, three, and four cuts from one bolt. And she had a bunch of bolts in her cart. So I manage to get her to let me just give her total amounts. She was a bit put out about it. Muttering about how she had to get out her cutting mat and also saying that she wasn't going to buy as much because now she had to go home and cut it up. She would have made me cut her 15 yard pieces on a busy weekend before Christmas, and had the gall to be cranky at me for not doing all her cutting for her.

Comment

• No, I did not step on the shirt sleeve; I would've felt that. At most it brushed the ground. Anyway, the shirt's going to need to be washed before wearing because a) it has sizing chemicals on it and the pesticides they put on boxes from foreign countries and b) we're a mall store and it's a clearance item that's not even in the system anymore; I'm sure it's been fully on the floor multiple times, maybe stepped on or run over with a cart.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X