Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone once asked me if our front entrance was our only front entrance. Sometimes I weep for humanity.

Comment

• Do you like your job?
      ..hmmm pays my bills...

Were am i ?
      That one made me laugh till i almost peed

Is that YOUR real name?
      no im under witness protection and i Picked it out..you like?

I'm new here..can you direct me to the nearest restroom
      i point at the BIG HUGE SIGN infront of them(new to the planet?)

why do i Need a usb port? cant i just PLUG IT IN?
      Ya you can JUST plug it in When you buy the USB!!!!...slick!

**a actual conversation**
      why arent you smiling?
      my mouth is drooping cause i have numbness from a personal reasons( operation and you CAN tell mY mouth AND cheecks were Drooping)
      BUT why?
      not your business
      a little cranky arnt you?
      No sir i am just in pain and doing my job and i dont think i need to expalin any more than i did!(cashier)
      HAHAHAH some job
      ok...( as i stop ringing) YOU DO IT THEN( i back off) and
      Sorry...gee just trying to joke with you
      What? first you insult me, now you make fun of the profession that pays MY condo?
      puts food in my sons mouth
      ****have a nice day!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

more dumn questions...

WHY A F***in recall? i dont SEE nothing wrong!!!
      thats what a recall is, it can be anything dont you rather be safe than sorry?( no course not BUT yet get mad WHEN it wasnt recalled...cant win)

the shoe dept. lady said she was out of the pair if shoe's i wanted! and i reordered some....so i will be back ok?Ok!!!! why are you telling me this? asi am the cashier and i have no idea of the shoe dept!!!

do you work here?
      no im wearing the STORES shirt for a fashion statement!!

this is kinda funny:

mind you the store IS huge MULTI dept. and EMPLOYEES everywere!
      im up front at the register!!! so you have to pass the WHOLE store dept. to GET TO ME and i AM one of 10 cashiers
      ( i get blessed with the Idiot)

Idiot: "were is the paint dept?"
      me: 5 isles down to the right
      Idiot: *30 min later ( all the back to me) "were is the cleaning dept?"
      me: that way 3 isles down to the left
      **mind yOU he could have ask MANY ppl om the way...but noooooooooo!!!all the way back to me
      Idiot: about 10 min later if that "were is the mens foot wear?
      me: ummmmm in the back of the store
      Idiot: HAHAHAH OH I was just there didnt Find nothing in my size!**STARES AT ME!!!!
      me:
      (GO AWAY!!!!)

LOL....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hEY BABY you married?Yes i am
      HAHAHAH i dont see no ring**looking AT the wrong HAND mind you
      Me: see ? as i show him!
      HAHAHAHA that aint no ring, i can give you a ROCK that sparkles
      well good...but I PICKED THIS OUT...and have a nice day!
      **what is this a NIght club?...its a retail store!!!
      and he was also ONe of them PPL with a thick ROLL of 20's trying to show off his As i call "drug money"

Comment

• Quoth Zoe1975 View Post
        Do you like your job?
        ..hmmm pays my bills...
        I have been asked this, but it's generally by someone who is considering applying. Or a mother who is looking for prospects for her teen. At that point, I give an honest answer: that it's good people (mostly), and that it's a great place to work while in college, since it's so flexible.

Comment

• "Youze got any fuckin' job vacancies?" from a guy without a shirt. He didn't seriously want a job, all he wanted was proof that he was looking for work so that he can sit around and collect unemployment benefits most of the time. He even said so... "I'm on the dole but they're still making me look for two jobs a week"

Comment

• Quoth lastofthesummerwine View Post
            3. And there's the sort who stop me-- while I'm wearing civvies, tooling around and shopping a store-- and ask. I have questioned friends and relatives what there is about my demeanor that seems to invite this phenomenon. Is there a particular walk, expression or wardrobe style that incites the rodent sludge to trod through the labyrinth until they locate me and erroneously expect me to be the bearer of the cheese? In this situation, I'll wager there will come a day when I hope I find myself powerless to resist saying, "Yes, but I work on commission only-- which means this is the day YOU kiss MY ass."
            It's known as the "Customer Service Pheremone". I've been out of retail for almost 3 month now and I'm still emitting it apparently!

BTW, lastofthesummerwine - I love that show! But our idiot PBS station won't run it anymore.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

• I have had people ask me if I worked there (while being in WalMart) while in my MCDONALDS unifrom. No...I'm not wearing the blue "MAY I HELP YOU?" vest, am I?

Comment

• 'How do I get downstairs?'
                Seriously, I hear this everyday.
                I am utterly tempted to say 'YOU FLY!' or 'JUMP OVER THE RAILING!'
                I usually say 'The stairs are over there' and then you see the realization of what they just said dawn on their faces.

Comment

• The dumbest question by far: "Who is Anne Hunger, anyway?"

Me: Would you like to donate a dollar to help end hunger?
                  SC: No.... I don't even know who that is!
                  Me: Um, ok.
                  SC: *looks confused as I finish ringing him up*

When the transaction was done, he walks away, then steps back.

SC: "Who is Anne Hunger, anyway?"

Me:

Comment

• Quoth Rubystars View Post
                    The dumbest question by far: "Who is Anne Hunger, anyway?"

Me: Would you like to donate a dollar to help end hunger?
                    SC: No.... I don't even know who that is!
                    Me: Um, ok.
                    SC: *looks confused as I finish ringing him up*

When the transaction was done, he walks away, then steps back.

SC: "Who is Anne Hunger, anyway?"

Me:
                    ^^^LMAO!!!

omg!!! i remember when we were asking for donations for Boston Childrens Hospt....and it is a PAPER Balloon Shape!!
                    WELL ONe guy Thought it was a BALLOON CONTEST!!!

and another Woman was rude as heck...."I WISH CHILDRENS HOSPT WILL HELP ME" i ask "oh do you have a sick child?" SHE looks at me "NO im sick"
                    OK!!!:its a chiilds Host.AND you want them to help you?
                    she storms off pissed at me!!!

this guy

Comment

• On the phone:

"What's your phone number there?"

Less amusing when I tell you the next sentence was "sorry, I meant your fax number".

Comment

• Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        On the phone:

"What's your phone number there?"

Less amusing when I tell you the next sentence was "sorry, I meant your fax number".
                        Well then I'll give the more amusing version--someone actually did ask this. She was asking about various store locations, and asked, "well what's your number in xxxx?" ...
                        This *is* the store in xxxx.
                        It's even better because of all the stores in the area, ours is one of the only ones with a number in the phone book.

Comment

• Even in X town?

While working at a gas station I had conversations like this all the time. They all stemmed from the fact that for the last 10 years, state law says we can't sell alcohol after 1am.

M: Sorry sir it's after 1. I can't sell that.
                          SC: Even in X town?
                          M: By state law we cannot sell Alcohol after 1.
                          SC: So you're not going to sell this to me?

Sometimes I swear the glass was there to keep me from hurting them.
                          POKE!

Comment

• I work at Home Depot where we wear bright ORANGE aprons and sure enough someone will ask, "Do you work here?" My usual answer is a serious, "No" and then I walk away.

My motto is this: You ask me a stupid question, you'll get a stupid answer.

Comment

• I used to get "Have you seen my wife/husband?" Usually the customer would realize what a stupid question it was before I answered, though.

Comment

• This one just happened a couple of weeks ago, I'm glad I found this thread because I didn't consider my incident worthy of it's own thread.

As most of you know, I work in the parts dept of a Chevy dealer. This is important.

Me: Wondering why I feel dumber
                                SW: SlackWit

Me: Can I help you?
                                SW: Do you sell parts here?
                                Me: (Standing under a big sign that says "PARTS") Uh, yes we do.
                                SW: Parts for Chevys?
                                Me: Yes........................
                                SW: For my Cavalier?
                                Me: ALL CHEVYS! What do you need?

My coworker J was trying his damnedest not to laugh.
                                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                                X