Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jaded: You know thats a brilliant suggestion. I may take you up on it.
    As for Foxworthy no I dont send him hate mail. I am actually quite the fan of his and have an autographed picture he sent from when I sent him some stories frm around here. Thing is Foxworthy is funny and son you aint no Foxworthy......

Ree: Yes ma'am. I'll try and behave.

Seshat: yes that is mostly true about changign peoples minds.

Redneck means to me and some other like foxworthy sez a glorious lack of sophistication. I can be sophisticated but choose not to most of the time. Also traditionally redneck means someone who has worked hard in agriculture and outside. So with the sun beating down on their necks red neck.... sort of like blue collar working stiff. The ignorant inbred types are called hillbillies around here. And yes redneck can include some of the less savory aspects of the way folks use it. It can also include country too. Its rather broad....Anyhow this is going way off the track and all so I'll just walk away from this one and not worry about it anymore. I am who and what i am and aint nuttin anyone gonna do to change it. So oh well.

Comment

I've never heard of an Australian being called British: if someone got insistent about it it'd annoy me, though.

New Zealanders do get upset about being called Australian - and that's perfectly reasonable. Even if some Australians tease New Zealanders about being an extra state.

I hear that the USA and Canada have a similar thing.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Don't turn on death metal, turn on some PET SHOP BOYS or Bonnie Taylor's, "Total Eclipse of the Heart"!!! That'll scare the mess out of that jerk!
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
          Don't turn on death metal, turn on some PET SHOP BOYS or Bonnie Taylor's, "Total Eclipse of the Heart"!!! That'll scare the mess out of that jerk!
          I'm not sure what he wanted us to listen to, all I know is that we were "teh ghey" for listening to classical. If I had the radio on rock or country he probably would have bought his door handle and left quietly, but oh well.
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I never knew gay men had their own specific taste in music.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh yes.
              My nephew is gay and he has all the latest "gay tunes" on his iPod.

Also, for the record, any more posts regarding the whole "redneck" issue and the members will receive infractions and be put on moderation.

You were told to take it to fratching and to PM, so do it.
              Last edited by Ree; 01-01-2008, 10:10 PM.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
                I love Total Eclipse of the Heart

Here's an interesting suggestion: play "Magic Man" by Heart

Or "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You"
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  And is it bad that The Anvil Chorus immediately makes me think of Bugs Bunny and Friends?
                  Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Actually, that one makes me think of Plucky Duck getting creamed by one anvil after another.
                  I always think of both of these. Sometimes at the same time.

Great. My brain remixes cartoons.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

1. What in "God's" name is a Carrhart hat?

2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the connection between listening to Classical music and gayness is, er...what, exactly?

3. People who chew tobacco are GROSSBAGS.
                    Last edited by HowMayIHelpMe?; 01-01-2008, 11:04 PM.
                    Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                    mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      freakin'
                      A-a-a-a-nd Ree's word of the day is....(drumroll please): FREAKIN'

BTW - Who is that little cutie in your avatar? He (or is it a she?) is adorable!
                      Last edited by Pagan; 01-02-2008, 01:31 AM.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        A-a-a-a-nd Ree's word of the day is....(drumroll please): FREAKIN'

Yer freakin' right it is.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        BTW - Who is that little cutie in your avatar? He (or is it a she?) is adorable!
                        That's my new little granddaughter. (Just over 2 months old.) The original pic can be seen here. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=21596
                        Last edited by Ree; 01-02-2008, 02:50 AM.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth HowMayIHelpMe? View Post
                          1. What in "God's" name is a Carrhart hat?
                          Hat? Not a clue. A Carhartt jacket is a heavy canvas jacket worn in the construction and industrial fields. Very thick and warm for being out in the elements all day.

2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the connection between listening to Classical music and gayness is, er...what, exactly?
                          Couldn't tell ya.

3. People who chew tobacco are GROSSBAGS.
                          Hell yes. I smoke which is bad enough, but at least I'm not spitting what looks like baby shit every 5 minutes.
                          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Talking about an overreaction... I mean, I can understand if someone thinks ill of a store playing rap or rock music, or even regular music loudly, but classical? It doesn't even have any vocals.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

Some gay people are sophisticated. Most people who listen to Classical music are sophisticated. Ergo all people who listen to Classical music are gay.

. . . and if my logic teacher saw me coming to that conclusion from those premises, he'd be horrified.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth staticradio View Post
                                Sounds like my old boss glossing over what I was listening to, mainly MPR's The Morning Show, and stating the same thing, "What is this? Play some real music!" (where real music for her was overplayed classic rock at the time...)
                                I know what you mean. Pittsburgh has a serious problem with Lynyrd Skynyrd. I like classic rock, but if one more idiot requests "Sweet Home Alabama" I'm going to hit them
                                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X