Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be good reasons, could be BS . I just accept the rule & move on. But then, I try not to be sucky.
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      As for the former, well, let's just say that I had one car change colors after I washed it. It turned out to be a not-too-bad creamy beige color. Yes, it had been that long since I had worried about salt damage.
      I've had a couple of cars change color. First was my mother's van. One winter, that thing was literally *black* from all the road salt and grime. We had to run it through the car wash at least *twice* to get all that crap off of it...and reveal its natural silver-blue color.

The second was the MG. When that first came home, it was covered in filth. Not only that, but the original orange color had faded to a nasty yellow. It took 2 days to not only wash the car, but to polish the crap out of it...and give a decent shine to the paint.

...as to why a housing complex might not want people washing their cars... It might have to do with the soap. Too much can back up the pipes--Scout camp showers were notorious for that. Too many bubbles down the drain meant they'd come out the overflow vents.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
        SC: I’ve just paid £4.99 for that car wash and it hasn’t cleaned my car
        Me: I was standing here watching it. The wash machine worked, I saw it.
        SC: Well I’m not satisfied. It didn’t clean it.
        I was half expecting you to say she was mad because it didn't vacuum the rugs or wipe down the inside of the windows or polish up her sunglasses or some ridiculous thing like that.

It wouldn't surprise me, after reading some of the other stories on this forum. And I can't say my own customers haven't had similarly crazy demands.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          I was half expecting you to say she was mad because it didn't vacuum the rugs or wipe down the inside of the windows or polish up her sunglasses or some ridiculous thing like that.

Well, and how long would it take to handwash a VW Beetle? Seriously, not that long, just dump a bucket of water on it and scrub around ...

We own an older VW Beetle, we hardly ever wash it ... the paint is pretty crappy anyway ....
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Around here there are two reasons to wash your car (for those of us who don't otherwise care): salt & pollen. My car is literally green right now from all the pollen. It's no use washing it until pollen season is over, either; it'll just be covered again in a matter of hours. That's right, at this very moment, there are trees having non consensual sex with my car.
            Heh, the wind is blowing too hard for pollen to settle anywhere! Another day of 25-30mph winds with gusts to @40mph....which in itself would cause a problem trying to wash the car!

And that last sentence is really funny to me right now. I just got back from a sexual harassment training class (If you want to do it right, you need a class! ) and, basically the theme was don't look at or talk to anyone because even "hello" could be sexually charged. So, I'm offended! /sarcasm off/
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My car is literally green right now from all the pollen. It's no use washing it until pollen season is over, either; it'll just be covered again in a matter of hours. That's right, at this very moment, there are trees having non consensual sex with my car.
              pollen: nature's bukkake.

Comment

Working...
              X