Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink a can of Dark Dog, Burn or Red Bull a day. Actually had two today, because I just needed that much caffeine to stay awake.

Hmm... Cherry Coke... Haven't had one in forever either... Damn, now, I want one too !
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Water first, Pepsi second. Coke has a funny after taste!

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        No brand loyalty here. I like the acidity of Coke.
        You do? Ew lol...

Coke has it's benifits over Pepsi. In my experience, Coke has been good if I need to keep awake (I don't drink coffee)... and pepsi is awesome when I need a sugar fix. But the person in the ops post sounds like a brand loyalist, not a preferer of one or the other.
        MMO Addicts group

Comment

Ah, the cola debates. From what I understand, one of the most fundamental differences between Coke & Pepsi is that Coke uses lemon juice as it's primary citric element, while Pepsi uses orange. That is why Coke is more bitter/burning and Pepsi tends to be more sweet.

Fun story: When I was about 12 or so, I participated in one of those blind taste tests. Now, I have never much liked Pepsi as a company for some reason, but I thought that I liked Pepsi better than Coke, so when I did the taste test, I lied and chose the one I liked less. It turns out that I actually liked Coke better and screwed up and picked Pepsi when I had been trying to pick Coke. Just goes to show that lying doesn't pay off.

I still prefer Coke quite a bit. I don't like the sickly-sweet taste of Pepsi.

But if I have a choice, I drink Dr Pepper almost exclusively, with a break for Barq's Root Beer for variety. There's also some Dr Pepper varieties like Vanilla Dr Pepper, which are also quite tasty.

At a restaurant, however, I drink primarily iced tea. And, of course, there is always water.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
            In some cases, it's because the Fast Food joints are run by the company. Taco Bell, for example, is part of Pepsico. Obviously, you're not going to find Coke served there.

One thing I've noticed - I haven't yet seen a single pizza place that serves Coke. It's always Pepsi. No matter where I go.
            Papa's Pizza, run by The Kids, next door to me sells coke products. Aa actually mixes me up a cup of 50% rootbeer and 50% Sprite when I'm there because I don't like the taste of Coke anymore (damned puberty shot that to hell )

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
            Rum and Coke is good, but I like my Coke with a shot of McGillicutty's Fireball Whiskey. A nice cold Coke with a blast of cinnamon flavouring...
            I demand linkage to locate me some cinnamon flavouring! Please.

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
            Are you outside the US? Hubby is a Dr. Pepper drinker and maybe 2 places have ever not carried it, and those places both had Mr. Pibb which he swears is nearly identical. He's not insanely fussy tho, if a place is just out of it he'll order something else.
            Being that I hate and loathe both Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb, they don't taste the same to me. Just WAY overly sweet.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            A little OT - the last time I was really sick - I craved ginger ale. When I was sick as a little girl, my mom always served ginger ale - so this last time I had bronchitis, I craved ginger ale. I told my friend to bring me some and he brought me 7up because his mom told him that works better for tummy aches than ginger ale. I had to explain to him it wasn't for a tummy ache, it was because I was sick and wanted my mommy! He thought I was crazy!
            Ginger makes upset tummies feel better. Mums of the World know this, though they probably don't know WHY or HOW they know (it's a Mommy-thing), and most will give their offspring Ginger-Ale when they are sick (at least that's the info Mum gave me when I asked once).

Quoth MadMike View Post
            I prefer Pepsi myself, but I can drink Coke without a problem.

About the only aversion any of us in this house has is my wife to Diet Pepsi. She'll drink Diet Coke, but can't stand Diet Pepsi. Regular Pepsi is OK, but she can't stand diet.
            She probably drank Diet Pepsi when they were using Sucralose (Splenda) to sweeten their diet sodas. They have since gone to using Aspertame, so I can't drink diet pepsi anymore.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            At a restaurant, however, I drink primarily iced tea. And, of course, there is always water.
            Or unsweetened tea for me (Splenda user, can you tell?).

I picked up a can of Diet Rite today (RC [Royal Crown]'s version of diet RC) and liked it enough to need to pick up a case next time I'm in town. Now I can go back to drinking sodas, yay!
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Mountain Dew since no-one carries Mello Yellow anymore I can drink a 12 pack a day of that sweet nectar. though if neither is available i'll drink coke. I think Coke and Pepsi taste nothing alike.
              They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

I am a coke guy and I think it tastes better out of a can.

But if there is only Pepsi, I will drink that quite happily.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Ah, the cola debates. From what I understand, one of the most fundamental differences between Coke & Pepsi is that Coke uses lemon juice as it's primary citric element, while Pepsi uses orange. That is why Coke is more bitter/burning and Pepsi tends to be more sweet.

But if I have a choice, I drink Dr Pepper almost exclusively, with a break for Barq's Root Beer for variety. There's also some Dr Pepper varieties like Vanilla Dr Pepper, which are also quite tasty.

^-.-^
                  Interestingly enough, some of that bitter bite that Coke has is because they use the extracts from the spent grounds of the Coca plant. YES they are the same grounds that the Stepan laboratories make when extracting cocaine out of the plant. My father told me when he was in Machu Picchu (Peru) about 40 years ago that the indians would chew coca and carry around a small bottle of lemon juice that they would squirt in their mouth every so often. Evidently citric acid helps extract the cocaine out of the plant. Is there any measurable amount of cocaine in the extracts? If there was the government wouldn't let stepan laboratories to sell them to the Coca-Cola company. But it does explain the slightly more bitter taste of coke and their use of lemon as a source of citric acid.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  Papa's Pizza, run by The Kids, next door to me sells coke products. Aa actually mixes me up a cup of 50% rootbeer and 50% Sprite when I'm there because I don't like the taste of Coke anymore (damned puberty shot that to hell )

Ginger makes upset tummies feel better. Mums of the World know this, though they probably don't know WHY or HOW they know (it's a Mommy-thing), and most will give their offspring Ginger-Ale when they are sick (at least that's the info Mum gave me when I asked once).

She probably drank Diet Pepsi when they were using Sucralose (Splenda) to sweeten their diet sodas. They have since gone to using Aspertame, so I can't drink diet pepsi anymore.

Or unsweetened tea for me (Splenda user, can you tell?).

I picked up a can of Diet Rite today (RC [Royal Crown]'s version of diet RC) and liked it enough to need to pick up a case next time I'm in town. Now I can go back to drinking sodas, yay!
                  A formulation of sugar(or corn syrup) and phosphoric acid tends to settle peoples stomachs when they are upset. Any one want to hazard a guess as to what ingredients are included in the majority of soft drinks?

Diet Rite has splenda in it and Pepsi and Coke are still offering versions of their "Diet" drinks that include splenda (Sucralose). Aspertame is what what they originally used (or saccharin) and they seem to be moving away from as there is a negative stigma attached to aspertame due to this hoax and others. Saccharin they moved away from due to the fact it was shown to cause cancer in rats and mice (but only at incredibly high levels on a long term basis.)

As for my favorite soft drink...that would be either Coke w/lime or Diet Coke w/lime. It's even better when it's Diet Coke with a fresh lime slice (like what I can get at a restaurant). Diet Pepsi and Pepsi will do in a pinch and I'll drink them if that's all that's available. But I much rather prefer my second choice, which is Mt. Dew of course!!!

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  ROOT BEER!!!! <33333333333
                  You know I love root beer and am somewhat of a conoisseur (did I spell that right?) I love the variations in flavor from Barqs to A&W to Dad's to various generic versions and sarsaparilla. But I'll never forget what the german transfer students opinion was of root beer. They said it tasted like Nyquil. And when I got around to seriously tasting root beer it's surprising how close it does taste to Nyquil.
                  You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

I usually drink any diet cola, but prefer Diet Pepsi over DietCoke.

If rum is involved, Coke is preferred.

For something interesting, put a drop of B&B into a glass of Diet Pepsi. Smoooooth!
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
                      conoisseur (did I spell that right?)
                      Nope! C-O-N-N-O-I-S-S-E-U-R. What? hey, you DID ask.

I actually prefer the Sucralose rather than the Aspertame for one reason adn one reason only. Adverse side affects (drove Mum crazy, makes me hyper-violent, made my Cousin A act drunk).
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I LOVE Coke Zero. My sister in law thinks it's too sweet, can't drink it. I had the most AWFUL soda recently, made the mistake of buying Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate. Still have 11 cans left, if anybody wants to try it...!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                          NO COKE! PEPSI!!!!!

I know I won't be the only one to think of that when reading this post!

Chee-burger! Chee-burger!

NO FRIES! CHIPS!!
                          This job would be pretty cool...if it wasnt for the fuckin customers

Comment

I WANT A LITER OF COLA

does a preference for soda matter THIS much??
                            This job would be pretty cool...if it wasnt for the fuckin customers

Comment

Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate.
                              I am a Dr Pepper girl from WAY back, and that sounds kinda eww. Poor baby. Well, lesson learned and all that, right?

The one thing I find odd is I can drink Coke if it is in a bottle, Pepsi I can only drink in cans. I am sure there is a reason for this, I just don't know what it is. Really, though, I don't drink either one if I can help it.
                              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

About an hour ago I became a convert to this Italian stuff whose name I can't remember which is basically a shot of espresso and 2 teaspoons of sugar mixed with mineral water.

Comment

Working...
                                X